You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

they dont let you just drop and and get the 5th yr in the ivies though. they often deny it and the wrestlers who just took the yr off to try for the olympics had to get a special waiver

Take care of our own first . Hope Refhuss returns.

Some aargh coming our way soon

Uh oh I don't like that last sentence at all. Can you clarify that at all. Current player or someone incoming? Please not Hiltz.

Interesting. So do players lose their "corona" year if they transfer from any school?

No they still get it but the school they transfer to has use whatever schollie money they give as part of the 12.6 yearly amount, they can't be part of the one year financial waiver.

Will always wonder what 2020 would have been.

Pandemic has altered the lax environment..

Gonna be departures and transfers , some programs are going to take advantage.

Shame.

Will always wonder what 2020 would have been.

Pandemic has altered the lax environment..

Gonna be departures and transfers , some programs are going to take advantage.

Shame.

Agreed, was shaping up as a potential special season, will never know for sure how it would have played out. Definitely going to be a lot of movement and transfers and teams with schollie money and needs could really make out well. Hopefully we will be one of those programs that can take advantage but your earlier post leads me to believe we may have some departures were not gonna thrilled about.

Uh oh I don't like that last sentence at all. Can you clarify that at all. Current player or someone incoming? Please not Hiltz.

yeah can you expand on this more Laxsummit? No need for specifics. I imagine Desko will have to get creative with some things.

yeah can you expand on this more Laxsummit? No need for specifics. I imagine Desko will have to get creative with some things.

Not to speak for Laxusummit but this feels like a transfer or two is headed our way and ones we won't be thrilled about.

They're full of inconsistencies. Hoops can play in the NCAA tournament, but football can't play in the FBS playoffs. :rolleyes:
Almost like March Madness revenue has something to do with it....

if the IVY just got rid of the stupid 4 yr rule most of this goes away as an issue.

but still if you are a 3rd yr who RS yr 2 do you get 6 now is still out there as a question.
College lacrosse could have 25 year old seniors playing for the next four years.

I'm not one to rail on the "every kids gets a trophy" generation (I basically am one), but the knee jerk reaction from NCAA, fans, players, etc. was text book "every kids gets a trophy" stuff. Then, once the statement was made, nobody but the Ivies had the intestinal fortitude to roll it back. In life, terrible things happen - you just dont get do overs, resets, or act like time is frozen. Every single action has a consequence.

They should have only allowed redshirts under standard redshirt rules. Now, they should only allow transfers under standard transfer rules. What a cluster f#@%! the NCAA created.

So what do all the Junior College kids do who missed their 2nd season? I can't imagine being a JUCO kid who had this one season to show out and latch on with a team.

Appears that Sowers did not, in fact, unenroll from Princeton.

So many balls in the air, and it seems like people are on different timelines. Can't imagine trying to transfer to another school right now with so much uncertainty.

Sounds like his career is over then

I still think the Ivy's will find a way to make this work at the last minute.

Without the dog and pony show of withdrawing from school and getting readmitted next January.

I still think the Ivy's will find a way to make this work at the last minute.

Without the dog and pony show of withdrawing from school and getting readmitted next January.

Ya I would tend to agree, their gonna have a riot from their respective fan-bases if they don't.

I find it interesting that people like us are having these discussions but in talking some Athletic people they had very little insite into the votes that were taking place.

Not sure about deadlines for declaring but think the PLL college draft was originally scheduled for April 21st with season starting early June . Draft was going to be televised on NBCSN

Current happenings has everything up in air but PLL is a real option for these top tier player to move on from college if careers available while competing with and agaisnt the best .

Rabil is the face of league but some serious backers are behind such as Tsai. From a marketing and timing standpoint, these talents would certainly boost the league's following and perhaps mark a real turn for PLL vieewership given the absence of college lax till February 21.

Hazy days but won't be surprised if some elect to go that route

Not sure about deadlines for declaring but think the PLL college draft was originally scheduled for April 21st with season starting early June . Draft was going to be televised on NBCSN

Current happenings has everything up in air but PLL is a real option for these top tier player to move on from college if careers available while competing with and agaisnt the best .

Rabil is the face of league but some serious backers are behind such as Tsai. From a marketing and timing standpoint, these talents would certainly boost the league's following and perhaps mark a real turn for PLL vieewership given the absence of college lax till February 21.

Hazy days but won't be surprised if some elect to go that route

It is hard to know how things will play out in the next few months, but part of me wonders if the opposite will hold true - Virginia already has a stay at home order in effect till early June, I imagine other states will follow. If thats the case then I can't imagine the PLL will start on time, or if they'll play the season at all. Seniors might decide the job market is too fraught right now and decide returning to school to further their education is a better idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom