YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD

We have been winning with defense the last two years (and longer, but that's another thread). I think I get your point, yes, the game has slowed down. General's pre-game post was right on the mark --there is no reason to get in a track meet with Carolina. If you are bored, maybe a few losses will make it more exciting for you. If you are tired of winning, this isn't the team to follow.
Well said.

Your opinion is your opinion. You are known to complain a lot. If we continue winning and playing good defense, I will take 50-60 points any day. As far as Ennis not translating to the pro level, maybe we will have him for a few more years. That would be a good thing.
should I be expecting another PM from you complaining about my post...you seem to be good at that

so should I never expect another post from all you people complaining about how the slow the big ten is for your likes

should I be expecting another PM from you complaining about my post...you seem to be good at that

I'm not complaining. I'm just stating facts.

Go Cuse!

I'm not complaining. I'm just stating facts.

Go Cuse!
so am I...will I be getting a pm message

I am just a fan who loves the up tempo game, does that make evil or less of fan.

Pretty sure he's running the offense the way the coach wants him to run it, and there was no reason to push the tempo against UNC. I don't think this SU team is built to outscore teams, it's built to win with defense.
Bingo ... I don't think JB wanted us to hoist up quick shots and have UNC start running, which was basically their only path to a win in the Dome.

so am I...will I be getting a pm message

I am just a fan who loves the up tempo game, does that make evil or less of fan.

Good day. I'm not feeding into your weak game.

CorduroyG said:
It's gotta take an awful post not to get tee'd up. That post ain't getting tee'd up. The only way Carolina could win this game is if it turned into a run and gun fast break shootout. Ennis made sure that didn't happen.

As did our offensive rebounding.

Show me a Big 10 guard getting nearly 6 assists to a TO - Ennis is outstanding - he's the best player on our team - without him we would be in a lot of trouble

But Ennis is a big ten guard playing for Syracuse.

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.

Because having an organized offense once in 20 years is awful.

Seriously? So this board.

44cuse

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.

Josh Wright isn't walking through that door. Deal with it.

44cuse

44cuse said:
Josh Wright isn't walking through that door. Deal with it. 44cuse

Nor is Deshaun Williams. :eek:

I was being a gentleman, by correcting you behind closed doors. I often see posts by you that would be embarrassing to most posters on this board. If you would have taken my advice, maybe you wouldn't post a silly post like the one that started this thread. Someday, when you are no longer a teenager, you will look back and appreciate my kindness. Until then, slow down and enjoy High School.

Go Cuse!

Personally speaking, it is my belief that anyone who has complaints about the way Ennis is performing and the job he is doing as a lead guard for this team is out of their freaking mind.

In no way am I suggesting that he is perfect. Pretty freaking close, though--and that isn't much of an exaggeration.

so should I never expect another post from all you people complaining about how the slow the big ten is for your likes

The ACC is one of the slowest conferences this year - slower than the Big Ten (according to Ken Pomeroy's data). From all conference games so far this year, the ACC is in 30th place averaging 63.3 possessions per game while the Big Ten is in 19th place averaging 66.7 possessions per game. The ACC has four teams in the bottom 15 for tempo - Virginia, Clemson, Syracuse and Miami, who is last.

I was being a gentleman, by correcting you behind closed doors. I often see posts by you that would be embarrassing to most posters on this board. If you would have taken my advice, maybe you wouldn't post a silly post like the one that started this thread. Someday, when you are no longer a teenager, you will look back and appreciate my kindness. Until then, slow down and enjoy High School.

Go Cuse!
correcting me behind closed doors...lol.. you even admitted behind closed doors you totally misunderstood my posts.

The ACC is one of the slowest conferences this year - slower than the Big Ten (according to Ken Pomeroy's data). From all conference games so far this year, the ACC is in 30th place averaging 63.3 possessions per game while the Big Ten is in 19th place averaging 66.7 possessions per game. The ACC has four teams in the bottom 15 for tempo - Virginia, Clemson, Syracuse and Miami, who is last.
you just proved my point whether you intended or not.

I am not slamming the kid's talent like many here do on Rak/Coleman/Cooney, all I said was he was the general who is leading a big ten style offense. Is that observation totally wrong?

I think what Q'69 posted is correct information, then there is a lot of thin skinned posters here.

correcting me behind closed doors...lol.. you even admitted behind closed doors you totally misunderstood my posts.

Maybe I misunderstood this post along with all of the other people that responded. Let us know if you were kidding and it was our fault we didn't recognize this.

under Pomeroy's data we are 343 out of 351 teams for tempo and that is including 15 out of 135 games for today. Even Princeton is 50 spots ahead of us.

one or two games does not put us in this territory, a season long trend does

http://kenpom.com/

Last edited:

Without Ennis, and his patience, and his lack of turnovers, and his basketball IQ, and his ability to masterfully run a deliberate half court offense when other teams take away the option to run, this team would struggle to score even more than we have seen. I suspect you would find that outcome more boring what we have now.

Ennis is the perfect PG for this team, and could well be the among the best to ever play here.

RF2044 said:
Personally speaking, it is my belief that anyone who has complaints about the way Ennis is performing and the job he is doing as a lead guard for this team is out of their freaking mind. In no way am I suggesting that he is perfect. Pretty freaking close, though--and that isn't much of an exaggeration.

Agreed, I'd like to see a few things from him but know if he did those things I wanted he probably wouldn't be the player he is, like pushing the ball up for a fast break, I get frustrated for just a millisecond when he pulls back, but realize we still have the ball and this is probably the best half court offense we've had in many years. Wouldn't trade Ennis for anybody with this team, not even my personal favorite MCW who I think was a perfect fit for last years team.

under Pomeroy's data we are 343 out of 351 teams for tempo and that is including 15 out of 135 games for today. Even Princeton is 50 spots ahead of us.

one or two games does not put us in this territory, a season long trend does

http://kenpom.com/

Using those same stats, SU has the 4th best adjusted offensive efficiency in the country - Adjusted offensive efficiency - An estimate of the offensive efficiency (points scored per 100 possessions) a team would have against the average D-I defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom