YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD

Without Ennis, and his patience, and his lack of turnovers, and his basketball IQ, and his ability to masterfully run a deliberate half court offense when other teams take away the option to run, this team would struggle to score even more than we have seen. I suspect you would find that outcome more boring what we have now.

Ennis is the perfect PG for this team, and could well be the among the best to ever play here.
I am not ragging on the kid's talent, it is just that I love up tempo game.

Ennis is a slow tempo guard. I am confused by the rest of the jibberish in the OP.

I am not ragging on the kid's talent, it is just that I love up tempo game.

I understand you prefer an up tempo game. It is difficult to argue against just how effective Ennis has been on this, you know, undefeated team.

Today's game was awful. UNC is lethargic at best. Fair and Ennis each turned the ball over 4 times. And with 15 mins left in the game we slowed way, way down to not run up the score. The Tar Heels should be embarrassed and Louisville, Kentucky, and Michigan State should be embarrassed for losing to them.

Today's game was awful. UNC is lethargic at best. Fair and Ennis each turned the ball over 4 times. And with 15 mins left in the game we slowed way, way down to not run up the score. The Tar Heels should be embarrassed and Louisville, Kentucky, and Michigan State should be embarrassed for losing to them.

This seems to be a different team than the one that beat Louisville, Kentucky and MSU. Very strange.

It's gotta take an awful post not to get tee'd up. That post ain't getting tee'd up.

The only way Carolina could win this game is if it turned into a run and gun fast break shootout. Ennis made sure that didn't happen.
He'll get Tee'd up, but in the opposite way.
Thumbs down Tee.jpg

Holy Ship you are a whining b!tch to complain about Ennis' play.

At least you knew so based on the title of your post.

Sorry you cannot enjoy a rather dominaint 16-0, #2 in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA run thus far.

But Ennis is a big ten guard playing for Syracuse.

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.

i havent read any response yet... but im not sure why anyone would blast you.

you are correct. Ennis never wants to push the ball. EVER. That is a fact at this point.

But we are 16-0 and Ennis is a great PG.

when you play like he does its because you have some court brains- if he brings it up slow there is a reason

have you seen our transition game at all this season?

neither have I.

have you seen our transition game at all this season?

neither have I.

We are more of a halfcourt team than we've been in recent years. That's due to having (1) a pretty good primary offensive weapon [CJ] who we can toss the ball to and get production, and (2) having our best inside scorer [Grant] in recent years.

We run situationally, and quite effectively. No, this isn't the 2012 team in terms of transition offense.

Odd thing to nitpick.

We are more of a halfcourt team than we've been in recent years. That's due to having (1) a pretty good primary offensive weapon [CJ] who we can toss the ball to and get production, and (2) having our best inside scorer [Grant] in recent years.

We run situationally, and quite effectively. No, this isn't the 2012 team in terms of transition offense.

Odd thing to nitpick.

I certainly didnt nitpick. Was that meant to me?

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.

th

think tortoise and hare. we all remember how that fable ends. ennis has far surpassed my expectations.

Part of the slow-down is from the coaches.

Why would JB rush when he has Cooney, Fair and Grant for Ennis to find? It doesn't matter how many possessions are in the game, just as long as you score on more of them than the opponent. (Related to another thread about the recent success) The coaches may be more analytical than past years, i.e. recognizing teams that have less turnovers than the opponent are X % more likely to win, etc. I think JB is telling Ennis and the rest of the team to protect the ball at all cost and don't rush a possession.

A big ten point guard? you mean like Isiah Thomas, Deron Williams, Mike Connely? sounds good to me

Look at the title of the post and then tell my why you are surprised that people are calling you on your statement. If you are looking for someone that thinks that statement has merit than I am not your guy.

Syracuse the last 5 years were 2010 no. 55 '11 no.177 '12 no.209 '13 no.252 '14 no. 342 strong trend has developed in the last 5 years

And this year you have 6 ACC teams lower than 303 and the big 10 has 3 teams

When average the two leagues out the ACC IS 192 and the Big Ten is 196.

When you subtract Syracuse and Pitt no. 303 the ACC average drops to 171 per team. Both Syracuse and Pitt has a big impact on the tempo of the games in the ACC and Syracuse fans here are always slamming how slow the Big ten is. Numbers here tell a different story.

And by us playing at such a slow tempo it is also bringing the others ratings down as well.

in 5 years we have gone from no. 55 to no. 342 that's freaking 287 teams and when opposing coaches figure this out they will be using this slow tempo against us in recruiting.

Tyler Ennis is all that is right with the world.

Syracuse the last 5 years were 2010 no. 55 '11 no.177 '12 no.209 '13 no.252 '14 no. 342 strong trend has developed in the last 5 years

When you subtract Syracuse and Pitt no. 303 the ACC average drops to 171 per team. Both Syracuse and Pitt has a big impact on the tempo of the games in the ACC and Syracuse fans here are always slamming how slow the Big ten is. Numbers here tell a different story.

And by us playing at such a slow tempo it is also bringing the others ratings down as well.

in 5 years we have gone from no. 55 to no. 342 that's freaking 287 teams and when opposing coaches figure this out they will be using this slow tempo against us in recruiting.

My brain hurts.

under Pomeroy's data we are 343 out of 351 teams for tempo and that is including 15 out of 135 games for today. Even Princeton is 50 spots ahead of us.

one or two games does not put us in this territory, a season long trend does

http://kenpom.com/

We are also 16-0. I'll take that and a deliberate offense over 10-5 and run and gun. Remember when we used to score 100 and give up 110? Enough said!

Last edited:

Nonsense. If this happens I'll buy you a beer.

render.jpeg

I have noticed that the team seems to relie less on fast breaks than usual. The defense gets steals / turnovers but doesn't push the ball as much as they have in the past. Fewer outlet passes to midcourt. Of course there are far fewer turnovers by SU as the result. No bad passes to streaking players.

Holy Ship you are a whining b!tch to complain about Ennis' play.

At least you knew so based on the title of your post.

Sorry you cannot enjoy a rather dominaint 16-0, #2 in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA run thus far.
I've said it before - there are some on this board that are not happy unless they are unhappy. If you can't be happy at 16-0, you can't be happy.

Any chance you are misinterpreting what these stats imply? There is a big difference between adjusted tempo and adjusted offensive efficiency. SU is the 4th ranked team in the country based on Ken Pom's stats (those are the ones you are using, right?).

And even if you are not, are you still maintaining that Tyler Ennis is the cause of the trending "decline" over the last 5 years??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom