Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we get an idea on how Mcneese St felt when their HC left to be SU's OC. This stinks no doubt and it also tells me Dino knows how to evaluate coaches as well, maybe he's keeping this quiet from here on too.

Well we get an idea on how Mcneese St felt when their HC left to be SU's OC. This stinks no doubt and it also tells me Dino knows how to evaluate coaches as well, maybe he's keeping this quiet from here on too.
Not even close to the same thing.
Gilbert coached one year at McNesse State.
He didn’t take the job and then 2 weeks later left.
Any coach can leave after coaching a job and realizing a better opportunity comes.
That is the coaching industry.

Arnett gave a commitment and clearly was looking for other jobs before even coaching 1 game.

That isn’t Gilbert at all.

Any coach can leave after coaching a job and realizing a better opportunity comes.

Arnett gave a commitment and clearly was looking for other jobs before even coaching 1 game.

He has a contract and left after one year to go to a lower coaching position. The sting McNeese St fans felt was easily or harder to understand than Arnett picking Miss St after agreeing to coach SU after 2 weeks. Put yourself in their position...heck...people here went ballistic when Marrone left for the NFL.

He has a contract and left after one year to go to a lower coaching position. The sting McNeese St fans felt was easily or harder to understand than Arnett picking Miss St after agreeing to coach SU after 2 weeks. Put yourself in their position...heck...people here went ballistic when Marrone left for the NFL.
McNesse HC is not a downgrade to becoming OC at Syracuse.

Joe Moorhead resigned as HC of Fordham to become OC at Penn State.
Dan Enos resigned as HC of Central Michigan to become OC at Arkansas.

Coaches leave low level HCs to become coordinators at P5 schools.

Coaches leave a school after one season.
Taggert left Oregon after one year for Florida State.

It’s common.

What Arnett did isn’t common. It’s low class.

Leaving after one year is mercenary but it’s not low class.

I wouldn’t do what Arnett did. I wouldn’t take a job and then look for another one.
Marrone left for the NFL. People who ripped him I can’t help their stupid.
Arnett’s word means nothing.

If he changed his mind and went back to old job it wouldn’t be a big deal but taking a job then taking another job is bad character.

You're wrong in this case. It wasn't a disparity in pay.

On paper it is the same but there very well be some additional under the table funds and perks from boosters. The dirty south loves them some football and Mississippi is all fired up about the program again.

McNesse HC is not a downgrade to becoming OC at Syracuse.

Joe Moorhead resigned as HC of Fordham to become OC at Penn State.
Dan Enos resigned as HC of Central Michigan to become OC at Arkansas.

Coaches leave low level HCs to become coordinators at P5 schools.

Coaches leave a school after one season.
Taggert left Oregon after one year for Florida State.

It’s common.

What Arnett did isn’t common. It’s low class.

Leaving after one year is mercenary but it’s not low class.

I wouldn’t do what Arnett did. I wouldn’t take a job and then look for another one.
Marrone left for the NFL. People who ripped him I can’t help their stupid.
Arnett’s word means nothing.

If he changed his mind and went back to old job it wouldn’t be a big deal but taking a job then taking another job is bad character.

It's also common for coaches to do what Arnett did. SU/Dino lost an assistant his first year almost as quickly.

A commitment is a commitment. Whether after 1 week or 1 year.

McNeese is no doubt in worse shape. He’s the head coach! Arnett probably didn’t even step on campus.

A commitment is a commitment. Whether after 1 week or 1 year.

McNeese is no doubt in worse shape. He’s the head coach! Arnett probably didn’t even step on campus.
By this logic no coach should ever get fired before their contract expires.

Commitment is a commitment.

Don't think thats quite accurate. I think he usually has inferior talent which he can mold and succeed with in the air raid. While they'll average 40ppg they are also going to be fielding a defense likely with inferior talent that will be starting a lot of possessions on a short field and/or with little rest and that starts to negate the offensive advantage and creates a lot of 45-42 games where a big turnover can be the difference either way.
That could be right. I was just repeating what I've seen Leach fans on say on this board.

Are there any up and comers in FCS that are worth looking at? Maybe a rising star who is doing something innovative with defense at that level is a better get than a FBS retread? I know the James Madison guy had an amazing D this year but it was just his first year so I don't think he's got enough of a track record...

I feel better now that Elijah put down the Leprechaun.

Dino and JW will salvage the situation with an inspiring hire, I am sure of this.

Yep, it ain't checkmate yet as they just took SU's queen... so Dino and JW will have to regroup and scour the field and find a replacement that wants to be here. This might be a big step back punch in the groin right now but it certainly is possible if not probable they will find somebody who might be a better fit in the big picture.

Yep, it ain't checkmate yet as they just took SU's queen... so Dino and JW will have to regroup and scour the field and find a replacement that wants to be here. This might be a big step back punch in the groin right now but it certainly is possible if not probable they will find somebody who might be a better fit in the big picture.

Shoooooop.

Leach is going to flame out, IMO. The beauty of Wazzu was that it was in a media wasteland. He could get away with his antics in relative obscurity. The SEC is a different level of scrutiny. You got to butt kiss a lot of boosters.

And then there’s winning. Implementing systems take time. The last offensive guru lasted 2 years, but was on the hot seat after one.

Leach + scrutiny + crazy SEC boosters + lack of time = boooom

Subtle shade from Neil?? I think so haha. Fully warranted IMO ;)

View attachment 175703

This is why the situation is so disgraceful: these are impressionable kids who are learning from these jackasses. And in so many instances they are learning the wrong thing.

Trustees and university presidents are to blame; it's a corruption of the institution's mission to pay $900,000 for an unprofessional manchild who a) is essentially a gym teacher minus the graduate degree and b) has never recognized that he's an educator with an obligation to his pupils.

Last edited:
Leach is going to flame out, IMO. The beauty of Wazzu was that it was in a media wasteland. He could get away with his antics in relative obscurity. The SEC is a different level of scrutiny. You got to butt kiss a lot of boosters.

And then there’s winning. Implementing systems take time. The last offensive guru lasted 2 years, but was on the hot seat after one.

Leach + scrutiny + crazy SEC boosters + lack of time = boooom

His track record would prove otherwise. Do I think he will win a national championship? absolutely not but highly doubtful he flames out. He's also at MSU not LSU or Bama. He will cause a lot of problems for SEC Teams and will get some upsets for sure. He goes through D Coordinators like underwear though.

I believe MSU knew they had a good shot at Leach prior to letting Moorhead go as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom