Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool story - that behavior works in the building trades but not so much in corporate America.

Nobody in their right mind tries to re-negotiate salary after they've signed an offer letter the week before their start date.

I was simply the hiring manager - the HR colleagues who vetted and on-boarded him were 5 times more ticked than I was.

I moved on to my second choice who started 3 weeks later.

And the additional $2k that fool got came at the expense of having both the Finance and HR departments at one of WNY's largest employers remember his name (and not fondly).

You may be able to get away with that stuff in larger cities but smaller communities, and niche job markets within those communities, tend to remember that stuff.
And the guy who used your offer to leverage a $5K raise from his current employer has an employer who might have some mixed feelings about him now (and if you guys had ponied up the extra two grand, you wouldn't have been in love with him either). It's fun to be a terrorist until you've burned all of your bridges out.

And the guy who used your offer to leverage a $5K raise from his current employer has an employer who might have some mixed feelings about him now (and if you guys had ponied up the extra two grand, you wouldn't have been in love with him either). It's fun to be a terrorist until you've burned all of your bridges out.

Exactly - your last sentence is a great way to summarize it.

Some people foolishly exclude relationship dynamics when calculating their leverage in salary negotiation.

And then they wonder why their stuck in a crappy job getting paid peanuts.

Wow this guy is a freaking douche... who leaves after 11 day? And Mississippi State isnt much better why would a program even try to hire a coach that was just hired else where... that is one slimy program and should probably get in trouble for tampering. Arnett signed and offer sheet... not a contract but i dont think other teams should have the right to talk to our coaches once they put pen to paper. Hope Arnett likes being a 2nd choice... dude has no pride. Why would he want to go there when it was clear they would rather have the Navy DC om their staff instead...

The suggested replacements on this thread reminds me of the movie Cool Runnings when they needed a sled that “just worked.” She was a beauty of I recall.

Wow this guy is a freaking douche... who leaves after 11 day? And Mississippi State isnt much better why would a program even try to hire a coach that was just hired else where... that is one slimy program and should probably get in trouble for tampering. Arnett signed and offer sheet... not a contract but i dont think other teams should have the right to talk to our coaches once they put pen to paper. Hope Arnett likes being a 2nd choice... dude has no pride. Why would he want to go there when it was clear they would rather have the Navy DC om their staff instead...
its the sec and the money will likely be better assumuing he will get money from boosters

How so? He took a better offer, in a far better conference, with a guy that he deeply respects. It just so happen to occur shortly after agreeing to become DC here.

Syracuse said they matched his offer, but I'm sure there were several other considerations/fringies he took into account that he favored.

The timing of all of it is lousy, but it is what it is.
He is making no more there then he would here. I’ll give you a better conference but also more expectations. Better hope he succeeds there quickly

How so? He took a better offer, in a far better conference, with a guy that he deeply respects. It just so happen to occur shortly after agreeing to become DC here.

Syracuse said they matched his offer, but I'm sure there were several other considerations/fringies he took into account that he favored.

The timing of all of it is lousy, but it is what it is.

1000% agree.

And it sucks.

But we will be fine.

its the sec and the money will likely be better assumuing he will get money from boosters

Yes its the SEC... good luck losing to Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Texas A&M every weekend... this coaching staff will just be fired in a few year. I think Dino at Syracuse has better stability.

Exactly - your last sentence is a great way to summarize it.

Some people foolishly exclude relationship dynamics when calculating their leverage in salary negotiation.

And then they wonder why their stuck in a crappy job getting paid peanuts.

I don’t think football coaches are anywhere near the real world when it comes to this stuff.

These guys have nine lives. Someone will always hire them no matter how bad they performed or who they p!ssed off along the way.

Well paid nomad robots, with unlimited job security.

If he’s really good no one will care. But if he’s so-so - Dino has coached a lot of places and has been around a long time. This kind of stuff will stick to him for awhile.

I mean the guy before him got fired coming off a 10 win season he jumped at the chance to not coach the players that got shredded by BC minus 2 draft picks on the DL. Our promising secondary was beat like a drum last year.

At SDSU he had the most talent in the conference. Maybe he wasn’t a good fit to coach our guys. Cisco is only good at cheating for picks and last year he wasn’t even good at that maybe it was not a good idea to go 3-3-5 and have him assume linebacker responsibilities which would have happened with his size.

What sucks isn’t losing Arnett its the timing. Your prom date dumped you an hour before prom but guess what she had a pen1s under her dress and it was a good thing. Who are some older guys wanting to hop back in? Dom Capers or something similar.

I mean the guy before him got fired coming off a 10 win season he jumped at the chance to not coach the players that got shredded by BC minus 2 draft picks on the DL. Our promising secondary was beat like a drum last year.

At SDSU he had the most talent in the conference. Maybe he wasn’t a good fit to coach our guys. Cisco is only good at cheating for picks and last year he wasn’t even good at that maybe it was not a good idea to go 3-3-5 and have him assume linebacker responsibilities which would have happened with his size.

What sucks isn’t losing Arnett its the timing. Your prom date dumped you an hour before prom but guess what she had a pen1s under her dress and it was a good thing. Who are some older guys wanting to hop back in? Dom Capers or something similar.

Hey who told you about my prom date? That was a secret!!!

Cisco led the ACC in picks and missed long portions of 3-4 games

He's a preseason AA again this year

Screenshot_20200123-203738.png

I firmly believe this. I think he woke up one day late last season — probably after the Louisville game — and realized the program cant succeed without evolving. I don’t think we can recruit properly to fill the needs in our current defense or anything similar.
Green and growing Red and rotten. Ohana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom