Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cisco led the ACC in picks and missed long portions of 3-4 games

He's a preseason AA again this year

Hes a good player but hes hardly an every down presence like a Grant Delpit at safety. There is some frustration there I'm glad he ended the year with 5 picks after the injury. Just trying to make a point that we might have been BADLY wrong about wanting to go 3-3-5.

Only because he left. If he was still here nobody would dare say that yet he’s still the same guy.
No he didn’t, You can’t leave someplace you have never been.

He went through the Craig James ordeal there. Doesn't really get much worse than that.
You can't use that as an accurate comparison with regard to the booster culture.

Do they have any good private schools in Mississippi? Seems that that'd be a hell of a tough lift in hiring good teachers and administrators (who don't make too much at the good private schools in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic and sure wouldn't be insulated from everyday Mississippi problems in the way that the Delicate Genius Footbal Man might).

To be fair, Oxford's got that good literary history. But it's my hunch that the problems in the state run deeper than public schools for people in every income bracket.
I wouldn't be surprised if their better than private schools CNY. I live in Knoxville. Tennessee public schools aren't all that good. The rich people don't care. Since they pay low land taxes and no school tax, they have no problem paying tuition for well funded private schools that pay teachers better than the public schools, so they have no problem drawing good teachers. You don't see it in CNY because the public schools are so good private schools are unnecessary unless you have a religious reason.

When I traveled to the Caribbean, you get two blocks inland from your hotel and you see abject poverty. Didn’t like it. Of course Syracuse has its share of poverty but there is a middle class and it’s not so prominent and people have running water.
I imagine Mississppi is better than the Caribbean. His income doesn't put him in the middle class, and the number of people above middle class income are probably plentiful enough. Old money is a real thing in the deep south.

Hes a good player but hes hardly an every down presence like a Grant Delpit at safety. There is some frustration there I'm glad he ended the year with 5 picks after the injury. Just trying to make a point that we might have been BADLY wrong about wanting to go 3-3-5.

Well, the defense we’te using now certainly isn’t working. Maryland torched us, BC ran through us and Louisville ran past us. Without a change, it’s not going to change.

I don’t think football coaches are anywhere near the real world when it comes to this stuff.

These guys have nine lives. Someone will always hire them no matter how bad they performed or who they p!ssed off along the way.

Well paid nomad robots, with unlimited job security.

Too true.

They could cheat on Millhouse and/or PeteCalvin’s mother and still be welcomed with open arms in the SEC (or many other P5 schools).

Carte blanche.

Edit - I would never classify a P5 assistant coach making $300k+ as “stuck in a crappy job getting paid peanuts.”

Last edited:
I mean the guy before him got fired coming off a 10 win season he jumped at the chance to not coach the players that got shredded by BC minus 2 draft picks on the DL. Our promising secondary was beat like a drum last year.

At SDSU he had the most talent in the conference. Maybe he wasn’t a good fit to coach our guys. Cisco is only good at cheating for picks and last year he wasn’t even good at that maybe it was not a good idea to go 3-3-5 and have him assume linebacker responsibilities which would have happened with his size.

What sucks isn’t losing Arnett its the timing. Your prom date dumped you an hour before prom but guess what she had a pen1s under her dress and it was a good thing. Who are some older guys wanting to hop back in? Dom Capers or something similar.

This Cisco take is so bad I can’t post a reaction

This Cisco take is so bad I can’t post a reaction
Sorry to say but it’s really not. Well, saying he cheats for picks is a bit of an overstatement but his pursuit angles and tackling ability are weak

Im glad that this kid took another job. Dino is very loyal and by all accounts an excellent person. He certainly understands moving to get ahead but never like the move this guy pulled. I expect that he will take his time and end up with an excellent coach. Im sure that this has been a difficult but great learning experience for both him and JW. SU will end up better as a result.

National Signing Day is February 5th (a little under two weeks away).
SU probably isn't going to have a new DC until after that, right?

I don't think there are many coaches who will switch jobs until after the recruits have been contractually obligated into attending their schools.

Sorry to say but it’s really not. Well, saying he cheats for picks is a bit of an overstatement but his pursuit angles and tackling ability are weak

I don't want to hate on a player getting some pub whos one of the bright spots would have rather just left him out of that post though.

We play a lot of run first teams with average/bad QBs this year 3-3-5 might have been a disaster.

Im glad that this kid took another job. Dino is very loyal and by all accounts an excellent person. He certainly understands moving to get ahead but never like the move this guy pulled. I expect that he will take his time and end up with an excellent coach. Im sure that this has been a difficult but great learning experience for both him and JW. SU will end up better as a result.
Agree!

That’s one of those “people said it a lot on a message board so it must be true” things. Sometimes he takes bad angles. A few times late in blowouts he’s been a less that excited tackler. On the whole the guy has been very good for us.

I think someone hacked your account.

... and then coach Babers invites Arnett back up to SU to interview for a job, gives him an offer, and then says, “Just kidding, Big Guy! See ya! Ohana!”
Yeah, that's leader of men

That’s one of those “people said it a lot on a message board so it must be true” things. Sometimes he takes bad angles. A few times late in blowouts he’s been a less that excited tackler. On the whole the guy has been very good for us.

We finally get a kid who has been chosen as first team All American (ESPN has him on their early 2020 team too) and people tear him apart like he is some stiff

Nah, I watch every game and see it with my own eyes.

We finally get a kid who has been chosen as first team All American (ESPN has him on their early 2020 team too) and people tear him apart like he is some stiff
Being objective about a player isn’t “tearing him down”. I think he’s great. He just has some work to do to be a all around AA player.
Sheesh.

Am I wrong in thinking you always have a “list” of potential hires when things happen...people get fired, promoted, quit...

I would think Dino and every other College and NFL coach have this...the timing the first hire took and now this debacle isn’t good for recruiting, spring ball and getting ready for the 2020 season

we can take patience all we want but to be a Power 5 school and not have a key position coordinator in place is scary

Am I wrong in thinking you always have a “list” of potential hires when things happen...people get fired, promoted, quit...
We do know that he had at least 3 coaches on his list; Rocky, Arnett and Newberry.

Lol. Comparing him to the #1 safety in the NFL draft from the top school in the country. Not to mention if you actually watch Delpit you'll see that is tackling is a mess too and the reason he's fallen from possible top 5 pick to 2nd half of the 1st rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom