Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it’s not Rocky Long...

Wait just kidding, this is a better hire. I absolutely love it.

Any doubts I had on Dino after this last season are completely erased.

Everyone is mentioning Cisco in that “Aztec” role. I’m not too sure about that. Don’t know who it will be but I think we leave him alone where he’s at at safety.

Yeah after reading more about the defense I don't see Cisco in that role. Prolly will be someone who can be a S/LB hybrid

How about Geoffrey Cantin-Arku? Wasn't that kind of what he did in HS in Canada?
Clemson has played a lot of 3 man fronts this year with Simmons playing the hybrid. I can see Richards playing a similar role for us next season.

DL: Jonathan, Black, Williams
LB: Wallace, Jones, Kpogba
"Aztec": Cisco
DB: Iffy, Trill, Stritzinger, TBD

Think there's great opportunity for a guy like Kadeem Trotter/Tyrell Richards at DL, and really hoping Cam Jonas/Neil Nunn can step in at DB.

I think we actually have the right personnel to make this work from day 1.

EDIT: Somehow forgot about Bear Williams at DL.
Change Aztec to Otto. The Otto back.

Didn't read through this thread because I'm just getting done with my honey-do list, but here's some initial thoughts...

First off, stoked with this hire. A younger version of Rocky Long is IDEAL. He played under Long and has worked in his system since he graduated. Has a firm understanding of the ins and outs.

This plays to the strength of our roster talent right now, which is the secondary. These dudes will be able to EAT in this scheme and attack like no other. Cisco will be a mutant at the float position, which I think they call the Aztec. Trill, Iffy, Stritz will be fun to watch.

Up front, gotta think it would be Kingsley, Bear, Tyrell. Maybe Josh Black. Harper behind Bear. Will have a nice rotation. The longer, quicker guys like Linton and Goulbourne translate well here, too.

Tyrell Richards is friggin the perfect fit for this type of scheme. Allows him to attack, but also stay in the flat. With 5 DBs on the field, maybe 6 at times, it mainly frees the meat up front the ability to go ham.

I'm pumped. I'm not sure of the recruiting prowess of this guy, but I'm sure Dino wasn't making this hire without some form of a gun. I believe there's one spot left to fill. Need to PAY UP and get a blazer on the recruiting trail. It's worth it's weight in gold.

LFGO!

The timing of both these announcements tells me more changes are coming and we’ll have our new DC and OC in tow to talk to coaches at the convention that starts tomorrow.

Change Aztec to Otto. The Otto back.

OiG? Time to make a decision. I think the Otto back works well. The safeties are called the warriors- there are two of them. You can keep this name based on our history.

I do like the idea of jones as the Otto

Maybe Josh Black goes back to DE with McKinley Williams and Curtis Harper manning the NT spot?

The big winner IMO is Tyrell Richards. Perfect for this scheme.
Elmore fits the nose 300lbs guick and strong, low center. He needs to be full time on defense.

OiG? Time to make a decision. I think the Otto back works well. The safeties are called the warriors- there are two of them. You can keep this name based on our history.

I do like the idea of jones as the Otto
Well, my nicknaming powers don't extend all the way to what coaches call things, but I think Otto works here. We'll see what they do.

The timing of both these announcements tells me more changes are coming and we’ll have our new DC and OC in tow to talk to coaches at the convention that starts tomorrow.
What is this convention? Like a career fair for coaching?

Well, my nicknaming powers don't extend all the way to what coaches call things, but I think Otto works here. We'll see what they do.
Heard the calls for coverages will all be named after supernatural creatures. So...Chupacabra, Bigfoot, Mothman, Jackalope, Yeti...
Yeah...Defense is gonna be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors