Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“My family and I would like thank Coach Babers for this tremendous opportunity,” Arnett said in a statement. “He’s someone I have the utmost respect for and his philosophy of developing the whole student-athlete – not just the football player – is one I believe in strongly. Syracuse is an outstanding place with a great football tradition. I’m excited to be part of it. I can’t wait to get to Central New York and get started.”

There isn’t an ounce of professionalism in this industry anymore.

If the money went to more than the coaches, it might be a different story.

None of us will probably never know the exact reason he decided to leave. Could be money, easier recruiting location, unable to bring in assistants he wanted etc.
The only thing now is for HCDB to decide on the next best option. I agree with others. Do not rush the decision. Take his time and find the best coach.

I expect us to pay what a mid level sec school pays so this crap doesn’t happen. Syracuse does everything and I mean everything on the cheap and this crap happens because of it.
So you'd like us to bid against ourselves? This job wasn't on the market when he was excited and happy to sign on as our DC but we didn't pay market value.

Hot take.

Why are some of y'all changing your evening plans just to refresh this page? It's more or less official. I don't like staring bad news in the face more than I have to.

When will Syracuse pay SEC type money to any coach or their staff? The answer is quite simply, never.
SEC schools are willing to take money from the academic side for sports. i never want to be in a spot where we prioritize athletic spending like that.

None of us will probably never know the exact reason he decided to leave. Could be money, easier recruiting location, unable to bring in assistants he wanted etc.
The only thing now is for HCDB to decide on the next best option. I agree with others. Do not rush the decision. Take his time and find the best coach.

sorry, this post is way too rational and intelligent, bring on the venom and H0T Takes!!

One thing he prob didn’t think of is that Wildhack is pretty connected. I wouldn’t take his ire lightly. Lots of connected bridges in athletics and TV.

Wildhack has a lot of pull with ESPN and the industry in general but SEC coaches or really any coach or AD at the P5 level isn't going to base their hiring or firing decisions based on the Syracuse AD regardless of who that might be.

Zach Arnett sees snow upon arrival at SU:

tenor.gif

nor does 90% of the schools. gotta love the H0T Takes that su is cheap and it cost us.

I found it odd that a young guy would leave San Diego for Syracuse and not be looking elsewhere at the same time.

maybe we said no to Mattox. maybe MSU says yes to the package deal

edit: ignore my stupidity.

SEC schools are willing to take money from the academic side for sports. i never want to be in a spot where we prioritize athletic spending like that.

They have big money boosters who will do whatever it takes to succeed despite it not always equaling wins.

The way that was worded, sure makes it sound like a contract was signed and agreed upon.

It is better this happens now than in a year when we've implemented and recruited based on the 3-3-5
It's not show much the recruiting the 3-3-5, we can still play that.
It's we look like trash of college football when this stuff happens.

Why are some of y'all changing your evening plans just to refresh this page? It's more or less official. I don't like staring bad news in the face more than I have to.

It’s obvious it’s official. Are some doubting that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom