Zeed Status? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Zeed Status?

The JRS situation is confounding. Has to be less than 100%. The guy was a big portal get. I mean he was all-conference last year!
His injury may have prevented him from developing a repoire with McCord. It's hard to trust a receiver when you haven't had many reps with him.

This is where Zeed hurts a lot. He was WR1 with Kyle and perhaps the only deep threat on the roster. Meeks has made the most of that opportunity, but he's no Zeed.

What about Justus Ross Simmons? Wasn't he supposed to stretch the field and challenge for #1?
Challenge for #1? That was all speculation. Any chance of that happening went out the window when he was sidelined by injury. I think he also arrived later than the others.

Re: stretching the field, I wouldn't know about that but others say he is more of a prototypical slot guy. Bigger, stronger kid who we could definitely use against the more physical corners that we'll face. But remains to be seen if he plays up to that rep and if McCord is able to mesh with him. It's sort of late in the season for adding a new piece.

I don't mind push back. I appreciate and respect my fellow Orange fans and we can agree to disagree. I dont like when fans are chastised for speculating on a situation that has a million holes in its story and doesnt appear to make sense. But I can't blame the University here. I don't think fans are owed a thing. But I wont fault them here or anywhere for speculating. its literally human nature to speculate. There is one way to end speculation. Otherwise, its on the fans to be respectful and not assume the worst or rumor monger along the way.
When fans are asked to fund NIL collectives to pay players, they are no longer spectators but active participants.

The Pitt cornerbacks are the most aggressive and physical cornerbacks in the ACC. They commit pass interference all game long but if the WRs they are covering are not also tough and physical and fight to get the ball, the refs will swallow their whistles.

We need big, strong, tough receivers for this game more than any other. Jackson is going to be important here. So will OG. JRS has gotten some snaps the last couple of games and hopefully after a bye week will be 100% or very close. It would be great if he could make some catches next Thursday.

Guys like Pena, Hatcher and Gill are going to have a tough time getting open against their thugs.

It's amazing how loathsome and vile everything associated with Pitt is.

JRS was supposed to also be a deep theat.
So, if Zeed does not come back this year, it is vital that JRS is healthy and gets back up to speed.
We really need a deep threat to truly exploit McCord's total skill set.

His injury may have prevented him from developing a repoire with McCord. It's hard to trust a receiver when you haven't had many reps with him.

This is where Zeed hurts a lot. He was WR1 with Kyle and perhaps the only deep threat on the roster. Meeks has made the most of that opportunity, but he's no Zeed.
Meeks is our best receiver in traffic. If he gets his hand on the ball he catches it. He’s tough and reliable.

This day and age, a college fb player does't just drop off the face of the earth, social media evaporate, and coaches go radio silent, only to then come back and play at the same institution. Zeed is gone and not coming back. It sucks but he gone.
That’s really unfortunate. Hopefully he’s healthy and all, but we just lost out on a potential 3 year contributor. He was the 1 guy that could really take the top off the defense. Strange he seemed like a smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and he had his someone who took him under his wing at Georgia in Meeks.

The Pitt cornerbacks are the most aggressive and physical cornerbacks in the ACC. They commit pass interference all game long but if the WRs they are covering are not also tough and physical and fight to get the ball, the refs will swallow their whistles.

We need big, strong, tough receivers for this game more than any other. Jackson is going to be important here. So will OG. JRS has gotten some snaps the last couple of games and hopefully after a bye week will be 100% or very close. It would be great if he could make some catches next Thursday.

Guys like Pena, Hatcher and Gill are going to have a tough time getting open against their thugs.
Terrible terrible flashbacks to the Fiesta Bowl against K State and their band of thugs, and their enablers in black and white.

Terrible terrible flashbacks to the Fiesta Bowl against K State and their band of thugs, and their enablers in black and white.
Flashbacks would imply that was a recent event, not something from the previous century.

Zeed to me...is gone. If he makes it back great.
Yep. And the unspoken message, and the reason there is so much speculation, is because of how important he was to the offense, and the team in general. Great that he's taking care of things. As a fan, I mostly care about the impact on the team.

Think Fran is going to have to go shopping in the portal for guys that flat out have breakaway speed. Must-have attribute, all others need not apply.

The JRS situation is confounding. Has to be less than 100%. The guy was a big portal get. I mean he was all-conference last year!
I think he has a good game next week kids a stud

They’re basically employees now, it kind of is. We don’t need specifics but you can’t just tell your employer “I’ll see you when I see you” and expect no questions
You are adding your spin to that. It's abundantly clear that Fran knows exactly what is going on as the HC. No one else needs to know. If the player makes it public, then all good. Until then Fran knows. That's enough.

You are adding your spin to that. It's abundantly clear that Fran knows exactly what is going on as the HC. No one else needs to know. If the player makes it public, then all good. Until then Fran knows. That's enough.
I think he’s saying players are employees of the fan base.

crazy

They’re basically employees now, it kind of is. We don’t need specifics but you can’t just tell your employer “I’ll see you when I see you” and expect no questions
Even if they were, you’re saying you’d be cool with taking leave from your job for personal family reasons and your boss holding a press conference on national television where he airs out the specifics of your personal family leave?

Let’s be real, you’re just curious… which is OK - it’s what we do as fans… but there’s really no justification for giving specifics beyond that people are curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom