Zion got paid to go to Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zion got paid to go to Duke

Coach K and John Wooden have another reunion to make. Both will be tarnished when all things come to light, as they inevitably will. Both were the epitome of clean programs while they gathered all the accolades, and both will be revealed for what they truly were, anything but clean … Somehow, Joe Paterno also comes to mind.

Great read. Duke will probably settle with Ford on Williamson‘s behalf. Zion will never admit, so Duke will escape again. The NCAA is arrogant, self-serving and gutless when investigating certain schools. I’m sure it pains them to investigate Kansas. If LSU, Arizona, Auburn, Louisville and Kansas escape anything without loss of scholarships, vacated wins, suspended coaches, show cause, probation and suspension from NCAA Tournament(s) the NCAA is a complete joke.

Great read. Duke will probably settle with Ford on Williamson‘s behalf. Zion will never admit, so Duke will escape again. The NCAA is arrogant, self-serving and gutless when investigating certain schools. I’m sure it pains them to investigate Kansas. If LSU, Arizona, Auburn, Louisville and Kansas escape anything without loss of scholarships, vacated wins, suspended coaches, show cause, probation and suspension from NCAA Tournament(s) the NCAA is a complete joke.
Exactly - this move was made to force a settlement. Zion knows the drill and the pay outs he got - he just doesn't want to pay 100 million. This goes away in a few weeks with a sealed settlement. Nothing is going to happen to Coach K and if it did the commentary after will be totally faux outrage. We all know what the system is like.

Exactly - this move was made to force a settlement. Zion knows the drill and the pay outs he got - he just doesn't want to pay 100 million. This goes away in a few weeks with a sealed settlement. Nothing is going to happen to Coach K and if it did the commentary after will be totally faux outrage. We all know what the system is like.

Duke fans would have you believing differently...

I really, really, really hope this kid is dumb enough to answer the questions. But alas, this will be settled out of court and the real perpetrators will pay for the settlement to keep their game hidden.

How could this be????? Duke conducted an "exhaustive" internal investigation that found no evidence of wrong doing. Exhaustive! That book is now closed.

I think that Coach K is about as close as you could possibly come to Pete Bell from Blue Chips with respect to all of this unsavory crap. He might fancy himself pure and may not have direct involvement, but like Bell he is by association / tacit knowledge 100% guilty.

I'm just tired of the media narrative about the Duke program being "clean" and above the fray. They did the same thing artificially hailing Ped State as "the great experiment."

If this serves to demonstrate anything, it's just how deep the corruption is, and just how hard it is to compete as a clean program. I may be a newbie, but I have read tons of posts with people complaining about how hard it is for Syracuse to recruit these days. Well... um... I think there is a reason for that. It's pretty hard to get five star guys to come when we can't pay without getting caught, and other schools get away with murder.

It's so totally bullshit. I admire JB's tenacity and refusal to lay down to the tyrants of the NCAA. It's utterly absurd how deep the corruption is. I think we should all give JB a round of applause that he has managed to keep the program relevant without cheating. It's almost amazing when you think about it.

I mean we may lose another recruit (Frank Anselem) to Western freaking Kentucky!!! And not one bit of it will be JB's fault. Just wanted to say that now... before FA's decision, and everyone freaks out.

Last edited:
If this serves to demonstrate anything, it's just how deep the corruption is, and just how hard it is to compete with a clean program. I may be a newbie, but I have read tons of posts with people complaining about how hard it is for Syracuse to recruit these days. Well... um... I think there is a reason for that. It's pretty hard to get five star guys to come when we can't pay without getting caught, and other schools get away with murder.

It's so totally bullshit. I admire JB's tenacity and refusal to lay down to the tyrants of the NCAA. It's utterly absurd how deep the corruption is. I think we should all give JB a round of applause that he has managed to keep the program relevant without cheating. It's almost amazing when you think about it.

I mean we may lose another recruit (Frank Anselem) to Western freaking Kentucky!!! And not one bit of it will be JB's fault. Just wanted to say that now... before FA's decision, and everyone freaks out.
Syracuse is the only major program who's name didn't show up on the fed spread sheets. In neither of the previous 2 NCAA investigations was there any solid evidence of them paying players to play at SU. Those are actual facts, and yet that blogger smears SU again saying they pay players to play.

I really, really, really hope this kid is dumb enough to answer the questions. But alas, this will be settled out of court and the real perpetrators will pay for the settlement to keep their game hidden.
If he was bought and sold by the shoe companies, then why can't someone else buy his testimony? For $20M will you just answer the questions for the public record and expose the rat to the light of justice.

I think the big boi programs just buy better bags than we do.

money-falling-from-a-sack.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom