Zion got paid to go to Duke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zion got paid to go to Duke

Still ridiculous what happened to us but I guess self reporting really was our downfall. We took it on the chin pretty badly for a sliver of what these other teams do. That wanted Jimmy to step down, when he didn't I think they made sure they would make us pay. Obviously (forgot his name) but the one guy in NCAA who people overheard at a bar talking about nailing Jimmy to the wall.

It is an absolute disgrace. Didn't Marvin Bagley's family get money too ?

Still ridiculous what happened to us but I guess self reporting really was our downfall. We took it on the chin pretty badly for a sliver of what these other teams do. That wanted Jimmy to step down, when he didn't I think they made sure they would make us pay. Obviously (forgot his name) but the one guy in NCAA who people overheard at a bar talking about nailing Jimmy to the wall.

It is an absolute disgrace. Didn't Marvin Bagley's family get money too ?
Was the person in the bar Oliver Luck? (Father of Andrew Luck and former WVU AD?)

If this serves to demonstrate anything, it's just how deep the corruption is, and just how hard it is to compete with a clean program. I may be a newbie, but I have read tons of posts with people complaining about how hard it is for Syracuse to recruit these days. Well... um... I think there is a reason for that. It's pretty hard to get five star guys to come when we can't pay without getting caught, and other schools get away with murder.

It's so totally bullshit. I admire JB's tenacity and refusal to lay down to the tyrants of the NCAA. It's utterly absurd how deep the corruption is. I think we should all give JB a round of applause that he has managed to keep the program relevant without cheating. It's almost amazing when you think about it.

I mean we may lose another recruit (Frank Anselem) to Western freaking Kentucky!!! And not one bit of it will be JB's fault. Just wanted to say that now... before FA's decision, and everyone freaks out.

Great post.

Go get 'em
SmartSelect_20200511-221704_Brave.jpg

Sports Illustrated reports that Coach K is likely to be Deposed in the Zion lawsuit.

Yeah but 2 kids getting paid 500 dollars for no show jobs at a local YMCA, parents of kids not getting phone calls when their kids failed marijuana tests, and one tutor writing a paper for an ESL student is worth a postseason ban and 12 scholarships lost.

My god how Syverud doesn’t sue the NCAA for the process we got is just mind numbing.
Everyone with a brain knows these kids get paid and if their is no penalty for some schools this crap is garbage.

I was waiting to see something from Pat Forde. Has Thamel written anything? My guess is he too scurred to go after coach K.

Sports Illustrated reports that Coach K is likely to be Deposed in the Zion lawsuit.
It will never get that far. It will be settled before discovery. I like this agent. She plays rough.

Reactions: 007
And btw all of the UK/Calipari and Duke/K apologists who sometimes pop up whenever a “bag” is mentioned need to wake up. Here’s your proof. It’s widespread and includes those programs. It’s up to the NCAA to stop being such a hypocrisy, which I have learned to doubt will ever happen. Maybe Kansas, Louisville, Arizona, and LSU getting hit will start the change hopefully but I doubt it.
Yeah, there’s usually a couple of PayPalCal apologists who remind us the “he doesn’t need to cheat”, and any allusion of him doing so is just sour grapes. Seriously.
SMDH

I respect Calipari more than K. K pretends to be a different version of himself and people buy it. Calipari does not.
Agreed. Cal is a snake, knows it, and after being busted a couple of times, has learned to play the recruiting game better than anyone ever has. Kudos to him.

It will never get that far. It will be settled before discovery. I like this agent. She plays rough.
Agree question is for how much. Zion and his family certainly weren't naive to the system huh?

Serious question, how Zion's injury insurance policy up to 8million if he falls below No.16 in the NBA draft, is NOT improper benefit ??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom