zone The game has passed JB by | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

zone The game has passed JB by

No, but Warrick did. And Rautins was over recruited 10 years ago. Think time is passing you by dude.

Who cares when they were recruited? Rautins played 5 years ago. Point remains. See Thompson and Lydon dude.

You can always go root for Kansas or Gonzaga then.

These guys would much prefer to stay here and complain incessantly. Bitching about Boeheim and the failures and shortcomings of the program are fun for these constant critics.

Their retort is that they care so much about the program they can't keep silent.

JB has 1,000 wins and they collectively have zero.

These guys would much prefer to stay here and complain incessantly. Bitching about Boeheim and the failures and shortcomings of the program are fun for these constant critics.

Their retort is that they care so much about the program they can't keep silent.

JB has 1,000 wins and they collectively have zero.

GOOD GOD THATS TOWNIE'S MUSIC

Boeheim doesn't want to do this - it really is a desperation strategy.

It's great that Gillon and White have played well in recent weeks, but Boeheim hates having old guys come in and flounder for three months. If he had his druthers he'd only play upperclassmen who have the system down cold in November.
So a freshman is going to be better??

So a freshman is going to be better??

He thinks so. The whole "they've got habits, but not Syracuse habits" bit. I can understand that he'd rather coach someone who's got fewer habits to unlearn, especially if that person is a little earlier on the learning curve and, hopefully, picking up some pointers during his senior year of high school and then getting to campus for workouts during the summer sessions.

People thought that about Rak until his senior year.

Is this serious? Rak was always a solid defender in the zone and put up a very nice shooting percentage every year. Don't compare his first three year contributions to Frank Howard, that's an insult.

Gillon and White were last second emergencies. Boeheim said so on the pod with Katz and Greenburg. BECAUSE of recruiting misses and Mal leaving early with a late in the process decision. Guards such as Joseph, Buss, now Howard were busts. We had ONE guard (Howard who isn't a PG) on the existing roster late in the summer! That's crazy. So basically no PG. That's crazy! In comes Gillon who has been great. Same with White. I never blamed White/Gillon for any of the struggles. I blamed the staff for mis-managing the roster and recruiting misses. Those two have been awesome and have saved us. It was absolutely a desperation/emergency move by the staff. Fortunately it worked out!

All the top recruits are gone for 2017! Certainly the good ones. We need guards! We probably will need to go the same route as the staff did acquiring Gillon. Maybe the staff gets Duarte for 2017 who does look like a real gem. Who knows about Ayala and his reclassification potential.

Oh come on, never mind JB on that remark, it was just JB's version of alternative facts. Recruiting is on fire! JB really wants SU to be known as 5th year grad U! Just a brilliant new shift in strategy and direction...the sky's the limit! Furthermore, don't pay attention to that man behind the curtain, as he also stated after the FSU win that Hamilton should've only used the 6 guys he solely did in the 2nd half as that was the better remedy for success. We all know it really had nothing to do with what JB said there about the wrong personnel, but rather how in the first half the zone was in total shield mold, a complete force field of repel. ;):)

He thinks so. The whole "they've got habits, but not Syracuse habits" bit. I can understand that he'd rather coach someone who's got fewer habits to unlearn, especially if that person is a little earlier on the learning curve and, hopefully, picking up some pointers during his senior year of high school and then getting to campus for workouts during the summer sessions.
I understand that but the plus side for the grad player is a known quantity/quality. The freshman is a bit of a wild card in comparison.

If you're talking about recruiting, then WHEN they're recruited is pretty relevant, I would think.

The point was the staff has done a great job identifying talent that rankings didn't. when is irrelevant.

I understand that but the plus side for the grad player is a known quantity/quality. The freshman is a bit of a wild card in comparison.

I think that's probably so (I'm a big believer that relying freshman play is a total coin flip - I've been enjoying watching my summertime Duke predictions come to pass), though that difference might be a little less stark at Syracuse, where our system seems to take a few months to sink into kids' muscle memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom