Baseball Hall of Fame voting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Baseball Hall of Fame voting

I'm not someone who believes 100 percent of guys from that era took steroids, because that is false as well.
I don't believe that either, but I will not with any certainty declare that a player was clean just because he was never exposed.

Last edited:
I'm not being naive. That entire team had the microscope on them regarding steroids. Sheff, Clemens, Pettite, Arod etc. The media coverage this story was heavy and was the biggest sports scandal story of the early oughts. Tons of players were implicated, some stars and others that were role players. If a guy wasn't implicated in any of the stories I give them the benefit of doubt. I'm not someone who believes 100 percent of guys from that era took steroids, because that is false as well.

They had a microscope on them, because they did steroids and hgh, no one was out to get them, they did it to themselves.

They had a microscope on them, because they did steroids and hgh, no one was out to get them, they did it to themselves.

You think the entire late 90's early oughts Yankees took Steroids?

I stopped watching baseball when the Expos were robbed of the 84 WS because of the strike. They were the best team in baseball

By...the Padres?! Damn you Steve Garvey and that cleft chin!! ;)

Question for non-Yankee fans who do you think with is more of a Hall of Fame pitcher Curt Schilling or Mike Mussina?

Question for non-Yankee fans who do you think with is more of a Hall of Fame pitcher Curt Schilling or Mike Mussina?
Mussina is an Oriole, so I will answer.

very good question.

if both get in, I wouldn't have a problem.

mussina pitched in the AL, in the AL East no less...and had better regular season stats.

schilling, put up decent regular season #s, but was an absolute stud in the postseason.

better question is, what do we do about Jack Morris??

Mussina is an Oriole, so I will answer.

very good question.

if both get in, I wouldn't have a problem.

mussina pitched in the AL, in the AL East no less...and had better regular season stats.

schilling, put up decent regular season #s, but was an absolute stud in the postseason.

better question is, what do we do about Jack Morris??
Jack Morris doesn't have the black on Baseball reference that Schilling has.
Mussina and Schilling both are better candidates.
Schilling isn't getting in because the media hates his conservative politics.
I think with more writers understanding the wins are overrated Schilling should be a HoFer.
Mussina has some black on baseball reference but seems like a guy who will get close.
My ballot for 2017
1. Raines
2. Guerrero
3. Pudge Rodriguez
4. Bonds
5 . Clemens
6. Hoffman
7. Edgar Martinez
8. Schilling
9. Mussina

I don't think Bagwell should be a HOFer.
Steroids made him a HOFer in my mind. Manny should.be a HOFer but he was caught with the Dodgers.
Bonds and Clemens were HOFers before cheating.
Pudge as well.

I think with more writers understanding the wins are overrated Schilling should be a HoFer.
Mussina has some black on baseball reference but seems like a guy who will get close.
My ballot for 2017
1. Raines
2. Guerrero
3. Pudge Rodriguez
4. Bonds
5 . Clemens
6. Hoffman
7. Edgar Martinez
8. Schilling
9. Mussina

Steroids made him a HOFer in my mind. Manny should.be a HOFer but he was caught with the Dodgers.
Pudge as well.
quick take...

I think pudge always cheated, I would put him with Sosa, McGwire and Palmiero.

ill drop a ballot here in a bit.

My ballot for 2017
1. Raines
2. Guerrero
3. Pudge Rodriguez
4. Bonds
5 . Clemens
6. Hoffman
7. Edgar Martinez
8. Schilling
9. Mussina

Pudge as well.

What do you mean by "black". You used it twice and I have no idea what you mean.

What do you mean by "black". You used it twice and I have no idea what you mean.
league leader.

the players # in the category will be in black if he lead the league.

Pudge as well.
I wish people would stop pretending to know when a player began cheating.

I wish people would stop pretending to know when a player began cheating.
Bagwell was a twig in the Red Sox organization. They traded him because he didn't have power.
He went to Houston for Larry Anderson and got huge.
I think he was a steroid guy.

Bonds and Clemens we know when they started. Clemens was in 1997 after Dan Duqette said he was in the twilight of his career and he went to Toronto. Brian McNamee

Bonds started in 1999 after watching McGuire and Sosa. Balco testimony shows this.

Both of these guys were HOFers without the steroids. They just put numbers that made them statistically the greatest HR hitter and RHP of alltime.

Bagwell IMO doesn't hit 500 HR without steroids. I think he shouldn't make it.

Yup, Bags could never have the body he had or career without steroids, just no way he could do that without them

original_zpsbcaf983d.gif

Bagwell was a twig in the Red Sox organization. They traded him because he didn't have power.
He went to Houston for Larry Anderson and got huge.
I think he was a steroid guy.

Bonds and Clemens we know when they started. Clemens was in 1997 after Dan Duqette said he was in the twilight of his career and he went to Toronto. Brian McNamee

Bonds started in 1999 after watching McGuire and Sosa. Balco testimony shows this.

Both of these guys were HOFers without the steroids. They just put numbers that made them statistically the greatest HR hitter and RHP of alltime.

Bagwell IMO doesn't hit 500 HR without steroids. I think he shouldn't make it.
Of course all of these guys did PEDs, but when they began using them is just speculation.

jeff_bagwell1.jpg
Bagwell in 1999

I think the roids made a good career a freaking HOF career.

I like the Baseball HOF being the smallest and only the elite of the elite. I don't want very good in.

Tim Raines is the 2nd best leadoff guy of alltime. Just because he isn't Rickey Henderson good he has been kept out.

jeff_bagwell1.jpg
Bagwell in 1999

I think the roids made a good career a freaking HOF career.

I like the Baseball HOF being the smallest and only the elite of the elite. I don't want very good in.

Tim Raines is the 2nd best leadoff guy of alltime. Just because he isn't Rickey Henderson good he has been kept out.

Good find, we don't know for a fact he did them, but those pictures say 1,000 words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom