Clemson Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Game Thread

Yeah Cooney missed an open look, but the only reason we were in the game was because of the he and Richardson hitting shots down the stretch. We lost this one at the line and inside. We could write a book on how to lose games in crunch time.

Questionable strategy with 1.0 on the clock in OT. Long shot but why no dead ball foul before Clemson inbounds the ball? Granted it would of been a miracle to possibly hit a full or 3/4 shot if Cuse even got the opportunity but geez to let them throw a rodeo pass inbounds with a second left makes no sense. Put someone on the line at least with 1.0 left. I know the issues are much deeper and although fouling probably would not have changed the outcome at least extend the game. I'm going to crawl back under my rock!

Yeah Cooney missed an open look, but the only reason we were in the game was because of the he and Richardson hitting shots down the stretch. We lost this one at the line and inside. We could write a book on how to lose games in crunch time.

Quite fair - I think that, more than any other time, is when you hope you're 5th year Senior doesn't implode. Steal, bad pass, missed wide open three. I don't know. He did hit some big shots though - good to see, maybe this will set him off on a run. We're going to need it against UNC! G should have taken that all the way to the rim though too IMO. Horrible ending.

I have not and will not give up on the season. I try to keep people calm don't make knee jerk reaction posts.

BTW, Team is gonna be loaded next year so maybe some of you should stop watching and come back next year.

Still in absolute shock of the lack of coaching the last twenty seconds. Hop has two timeouts. If he wants to play zone, regardless if Mal misses the second free throw, wouldn't you get the bigger lineup in the game? Put in Chino? Why not play a switching man to man? Why not tell your team if you're gonna play zone, for them to not be concerned about a 2. We had like two guys just sitting down low. Baffling late game mistakes made there.

Last possession really summed up TC. Fantastic play followed up by a What miss off the iron. I love the kid's heart but damn son .. got to hit that.
What from 3 ??????? Ok

This is the worst defensive SU team in decades. Open 3s. Can't stop anyone inside. Can't rebound, although we weren't bad tonight in this area of the game. Guards allow opposing guards to drive into the middle. This simply did not happen when SU was winning.

Least I'm a fan. A positive fan. I don't give up. If we lose I move onto to the next game. I don't give up on the season.
GRob had that same philosophy with football. I think I can, I think I can...choo choo.

Quite fair - I think that, more than any other time, is when you hope you're 5th year Senior doesn't implode. Steal, bad pass, missed wide open three. I don't know. He did hit some big shots though - good to see, maybe this will set him off on a run. We're going to need it against UNC! G should have taken that all the way to the rim though too IMO. Horrible ending.

I'm more disappointed about how we continually get blasted inside. We are flawed. All we do is shoot jumpers and we have no half court offense. Too many people expect Cooney to be dion waiters and Andy rautins all in one. It's not realistic. Blaming this on one player who played a good game otherwise is just foolish IMO.

We got really slaughtered inside. I don't ever remember seeing so many dunks and layups. I don't know what the numbers were but Blossomgame, the Cameroonian dude who fouled out, and the other guy were living inside.

Playing a 6'8", 200 lb freshman in the middle of the zone simply isn't feasible in ACC play. Brice Johnson might score 50 on Saturday.
Totally agree. Lydon just is not a 5. Barely a 4.

We got really slaughtered inside. I don't ever remember seeing so many dunks and layups. I don't know what the numbers were but Blossomgame, the Cameroonian dude who fouled out, and the other guy were living inside.
No according to the experts that's what happens when we play m2m the jimmy be zone is the only way to go,what a laugh

If G could shoot better than 50 percent from the line, we win 2 or 3 more games and don't go into overtime tonight and against Wisconsin.

I'm more disappointed about how we continually get blasted inside. We are flawed. All we do is shoot jumpers and we have no half court offense. Too many people expect Cooney to be dion waiters and Andy rautins all in one. It's not realistic. Blaming this on one player who played a good game otherwise is just foolish IMO.

No other options really. I hear ya. It's on the staff for some of these recruiting (guard especially) misses. '13/'14 classes have been not good as Francis recently pointed out and Cooney isn't Marcus Paige.

It was a What miss. Cannot be a shooter of his level and clank that shot.
It wasn't a 3 foot putt. Best 3 point shooters in the world are less than 50 percent

Playing a 6'8", 200 lb freshman in the middle of the zone simply isn't feasible in ACC play. Brice Johnson might score 50 on Saturday.

I know we keep beating the same dead horse but geez Louise. Unbelievable.

Lots of questionable coaching decisions, but the worst was not calling TO with 5.5 secs left in regulation. That's a ton of time to get a good look. Instead we get a 30 ft off balance 3...

It wasn't a 3 foot putt. Best 3 point shooters in the world are less than 50 percent

I think he's saying because it's an uncontested, wide open, feet set, spot up three. Good shooters hit over 50% of those fwiw - not 100% obviously. :)

That being said, we didn't lose because of Cooney's late game play. I don't think anyone is pinning it solely on him. That was just a HUGE shot on a team that desperately needed it to go down. You have to hit that at home, 0-2 in the ACC...if you have any hopes for a good season with UNC coming up next.

No other options really. I hear ya. It's on the staff for some of these recruiting (guard especially) misses. '13/'14 classes have been not good as Francis recently pointed out and Cooney isn't Marcus Paige.

The class of 2013 has been just brutal, but the one before and after haven't been hit either.

I think he's saying because it's an uncontested, wide open, feet set, spot up three. Good shooters hit over 50% of those fwiw - not 100% obviously. :)

That being said, we didn't lose because of Cooney's late game play. I don't think anyone is pinning it solely on him. That was just a HUGE shot on a team that desperately needed it to go down. You have to hit that at home, 0-2 in the ACC...if you have any hopes for a good season with UNC coming up next.
Well blame our free throw shooting then because we can't hit 50 percent from there.

They have a guy who shoots 55%! And he drains 4 in a row we on the other hand dont, but what seems like dozens of lay ups and a lot of dunks didn't help either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom