Does Dungey start this Saturday | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Does Dungey start this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
shut him down, i don't care whether they're concussions or not. nothing to gain, he's shown enough, let him get healthy and next year he can learn a new offense. when where he's never running the speed option

If the Dr.'s say he's healthy, he should play. I know I'd want to if I were him. Why not?

I never have any sources on anything - but on this one I do. If this turns out to be a concussion - (and I'm not sure it is), it will be his first of the season. The idea that he was out cold vs. Pitt is laughable. He's apparently laid still on the field like that (ala Joe Morris) for a few moments after the tackle since he was in pee wee football.

If the Dr.'s say he's healthy, he should play. I know I'd want to if I were him. Why not?

I never have any sources on anything - but on this one I do. If this turns out to be a concussion - (and I'm not sure it is), it will be his first of the season. The idea that he was out cold vs. Pitt is laughable. He's apparently laid still on the field like that (ala Joe Morris) for a few moments after the tackle since he was in pee wee football.

If this turns out to be a concussion, it will be his 1st of the season?

Its laughable to think he was out cold?

Tell that to the two kids - including an ESPN 300 WR - who have already committed in the class of 2017.

Not saying I agree with Alsacs but lets be honest the chances of that Florida WR staying committed until Feb 2017 is pretty slim. Not saying we shouldnt be thrilled about the commit but I think most people expect Miami or one of the big boys to come calling at some point.

Not saying I agree with Alsacs but lets be honest the chances of that Florida WR staying committed until Feb 2017 is pretty slim. Not saying we shouldnt be thrilled about the commit but I think most people expect Miami or one of the big boys to come calling at some point.
Obviously things can always change with any recruit. But why do we always choose to focus on the pessimistic side of things? Why can't we just enjoy having him committed and thinking he might actually, ya know, stick with us?

Better talent .. where, 2 spots? Sure, we have a promising new QB and a couple of nice looking H-backs. Otherwise, we lack size, speed and skill all over the field on Offense, including WR, TE and almost the entire O-Line.

We're "not going forward" because Dunge often has no one to throw to, and the talent we do have at RB can't get out of the backfield.

Agree with that but Shafer didnt take over this fall, some of the recruits or more importantly the recruiting misses are on him. Cooper, KJ and others either never made it to SU or left shortly after getting here. The lack of skill at the WR and TE position is abominable, take away Ishmael and its D3 esque bad at this point. People keep saying its not all on the staff but the lack of talent. While that maybe true last time I checked we didnt have a seperate staff that recruited and one that coached. This staff decided to bring in one WR recruit and one TE recruit in 2 years and the one WR recruit is a 2 star with no other offers.

Agree with that but Shafer didnt take over this fall, some of the recruits or more importantly the recruiting misses are on him. Cooper, KJ and others either never made it to SU or left shortly after getting here. The lack of skill at the WR and TE position is abominable, take away Ishmael and its D3 esque bad at this point. People keep saying its not all on the staff but the lack of talent. While that maybe true last time I checked we didnt have a seperate staff that recruited and one that coached. This staff decided to bring in one WR recruit and one TE recruit in 2 years and the one WR recruit is a 2 star with no other offers.
Palmer has been bumped up to a 3-star, but I do agree we needed to bring in more guys, especially when we were in it with a guy like Donald Stewart but have apparently put on the brakes.

Obviously things can always change with any recruit. But why do we always choose to focus on the pessimistic side of things? Why can't we just enjoy having him committed and thinking he might actually, ya know, stick with us?

history.

I don't think we have to always think pessimistically but I have been following this program for many years and I have see this movie many times before. Its not over the top to think a top 300 recruit who lives in the heart of South Florida who was openly pinning for a Miami offer and had a really good season this fall probably isn't going to stay committed to a 3-9 4-8 Syracuse program with a coach under serious fire. Its the same reason why myself and a few others laughed off when people were saying if we let Shafer go we were going to lose Clark's commit. Anyone who has followed this program knew there was zero chance this kid was going to still be in school at SU in 2017 less on the team.

jekelish said:

Given the two most recent high profile commits?

I'm not saying we did the wrong thing with either, but it makes it hard to stay optimistic about recruits.

And that doesn't even account for the academic qualifying part that often seems to creep up with our more high profile recruits.

Palmer has been bumped up to a 3-star, but I do agree we needed to bring in more guys, especially when we were in it with a guy like Donald Stewart but have apparently put on the brakes.

It makes zero sense, none. Especially when you consider the fact that both Ishmael and Estime (playinjg WR out of necessity) and Lewis will all be upper classmen two of which will be seniors. The TE position is somehow in even worse shape. Its a shame because Dungey is the real deal if he can stay healthy. Its another reason why I want to get another staff in here as soon as possible.

It makes zero sense, none. Especially when you consider the fact that both Ishmael and Estime (playinjg WR out of necessity) and Lewis will all be upper classmen two of which will be seniors. The TE position is somehow in even worse shape. Its a shame because Dungey is the real deal if he can stay healthy. Its another reason why I want to get another staff in here as soon as possible.

There are multiple spots left in the class to fill though. we have no idea who they may be taking with those. So its premature to say...

There are multiple spots left in the class to fill though. we have no idea who they may be taking with those. So its premature to say...

Could they bring in another WR or Te of course, but outside of a longshot like Stewart who are they going to bring in that could make an impact next year? We have plenty of projects already at WR and TE we need some impact guys. Also at this point it seems someone else will likely be filling out the class save for an NC State and BC win

Could they bring in another WR or Te of course, but outside of a longshot like Stewart who are they going to bring in that could make an impact next year? We have plenty of projects already at WR and TE we need some impact guys. Also at this point it seems someone else will likely be filling out the class save for an NC State and BC win

Well we will agree to disagree. You have no idea who or when a recruit is available. i.e. Keneterius Womack. As for the coach comment - no comment.

syracuse is still working a couple of WR's but at this point it doesn't matter.

Well we will agree to disagree. You have no idea who or when a recruit is available. i.e. Keneterius Womack. As for the coach comment - no comment.

I follow recruiting pretty closely I have a pretty good idea who is available at WR and TE that SU has a realistic shot at. Womack has played 4 snaps at WR and some special teams work were going to need someone who can be a little more impactful then that. He should have redshirted.

Please if your aware of some 4 or high 3 star WR or TE recruits were going to flip or have a shot at on signing day I am all ears.

I follow recruiting pretty closely as well.

First off I didn't say that. I simply said you and I have no idea who may become available. There are multiple coaches that are being replaced that may have playersrecruits that become available, or someone not evaluated properly, or as I said with Womack - not even seen. At no point did I say he was an "impact" but he was obviously regarded highly once his tape became available and proves that evaluations and stars don't mean stuffe anyways and you know that. To answer that.

You are the one who extrapolated out that you now know what is the best way to use players is. I would argue he should have been taking snaps at QB all year. But then again, This staff has forgot more about football than I (or you) know. So that's why I responded that way.

Please if your aware of some 4 or high 3 star WR or TE recruits were going to flip or have a shot at on signing day I am all ears.

Agreed because a program who has a head coach that looks like a dead man walking is always in the business of flipping kids.

Kid flips then calls a number that's out of service the next day

Agreed because a program who has a head coach that looks like a dead man walking is always in the business of flipping kids.

Kid flips then calls a number that's out of service the next day

Meanwhile a Florida Commit is visiting this weekend.

I follow recruiting pretty closely as well.

First off I didn't say that. I simply said you and I have no idea who may become available. There are multiple coaches that are being replaced that may have playersrecruits that become available, or someone not evaluated properly, or as I said with Womack - not even seen. At no point did I say he was an "impact" but he was obviously regarded highly once his tape became available and proves that evaluations and stars don't mean stuffe anyways and you know that. To answer that.

You are the one who extrapolated out that you now know what is the best way to use players is. I would argue he should have been taking snaps at QB all year. But then again, This staff has forgot more about football than I (or you) know. So that's why I responded that way.

I don't disagree that we don't know who could become available with coaching changes etc but with our own team/program in dissary its highly unlikely a higher end guy who becomes available is going to pick Syracuse. Also as someone who follows recruiting closely you know that were not exactly in the running at this point at least for any high end guys right now at TE or WR.

Second my original post was about how this team needs some impact players at WR and TE because the talent right now is sorely lacking. My counter point to you was that a player like Womack right now isn't much help because Syracuse needs a player who can contribute immediately we don't have time for a 2-3 year project that may never work out ie Corenlius, Avant etc. i dont have any issue with the staff having Womack move to WR my point was getting another similar player at this point doesn't really do much.

Thirdly I have no idea what you mean by "You are the one who extrapolated out that you now know what is the best way to use players is". If that was in reference to me saying that I think it was pretty pointless for the staff to blow Womacks redshirt for him to take 5 garbage snaps at WR and then run around a few times a game on kick coverage then I stand by that. Otherwise you lost me.

Lastly Im sure this staff knows more about football then I could ever hope but some of the mistakes they have made recently makes that statement hard to swallow because 99% of the people on this board understand clock management better then our current HC and thats not an exaggeration.

Alsacs said:
Seriously I wish I could put you on ignore. Consider making an exception. It is not fair. I am not going to say anymore so I don't get banned.

Lol. Yea my post was so bad. You love having an opinion on everything and hate it when others have a counter opinion. Tell me exactly what in my post you're upset about.

Unless we swung and missed on a bunch of WRs (which would be bad - but OK), the lack of recruiting emphasis is baffling. It's not like you're trying to recruit 4 star linemen.

I believe it is a 4 year turnaround of process.

Good coaches don't need 4 years. And we weren't trying to turn things around, we were trying to maintain and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom