friggin uconn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

friggin uconn

It just seems I only see him making commentary on other posters. I've never seen him say anything positive about the Orange. It's just anecdotal but it just seems that way.

I respect you as speaking your honest opinions, which I appreciate. You also are a forced victim of s**f c*******ip like myself, so I can appreciate and try to learn how to be a survivor like you while I teeter on the edge of annihilation of the t****er f***er. rock n roll aint noise pollution bro! hey all you middlemen!!

I used to be a victim of that on here... a very long time ago ;)

I've never seen him comment on my posts. I was just reading the last few he posted. I'll keep an open mind. Let me know if he says anything positive about our team.

It just seems I only see him making commentary on other posters. I've never seen him say anything positive about the Orange. It's just anecdotal but it just seems that way.

I don't think you really read my posts then.

The last two post were by you before their last NC run, but since they've won a NC and coming in with a top 10 class. I don't know what the future holds for them but it seems way off that they're going away any time soon. Title is a title and we all know that, our fan base should know that more than any other out there, we hold onto our title soooooo tightly and it was an amazing run with a lifetime of memories built from a few magical weeks. It would be ecstasy to feel that FOUR times? I think so.

Their last win was so improbable, I can't believe I have to point that out.

Again, they won them. Hats off. But that is the past. Their program's future is far more uncertain. San Francisco won titles, too. Cornell, Colgate and Army used to be national championship contenders in football. But the landscape changed.

The college basketball landscape has changed, and they are on the wrong side.

Their last win was so improbable, I can't believe I have to point that out.

Again, they won them. Hats off. But that is the past. Their program's future is far more uncertain. San Francisco won titles, too. Cornell, Colgate and Army used to be national championship contenders in football. But the landscape changed.

The college basketball landscape has changed, and they are on the wrong side.

Yes but 2 years ago is quite recent for it to wear off as quick as San Franciscos or Army. May be on the wrong side but bringing in a top class is a quick way of staying relevant.

I respect you as speaking your honest opinions, which I appreciate. You also are a forced victim of s**f c*******ip like myself, so I can appreciate and try to learn how to be a survivor like you while I teeter on the edge of annihilation of the t****er f***er. rock n roll aint noise pollution bro! hey all you middlemen!!

My Torrets is definitely getting worse as I get older. Speaking of rock n roll, I can't get this Motorhead song out of my head:

I appreciate that. While we disagree a little bit you probably have a crap ton of likes from me with your posts. I don't hold our personal disagreements against you and usually agree with you 80% of the time. I also think we both want exactly the same thing year in and year out from the team.

Agreed. Even when we "argue," I think there's a lot of humor underlying the posts, which is why I give you a ton of likes, as well. There have been numerous posts where we disagree, and you'll say something like "how can I take your opinion seriously..." and it makes me smile regardless, because it comes across as good natured. All in good fun, and never take it personally [which hopefully comes across in my return posts].

Their last win was so improbable,

We've had improbable wins too...they count... like the 6 ot or the comeback this year with some deep threes... or what about improbable losses too? This improbable stuff needs to stop. Teams either do it or they dont. Their post season runs were incredibly improbable...but they did them. I mean we've had probable post seasons...that we didnt win. I mean i dont think Duke fans felt ashamed after Grant Hill threw that pass to Laetnner because the play was improbable... or if we have to do SU, Pearl's shot. Winners find a way to win, and the inverse is true as well.

Last edited:
RF, spot on and I'm in complete agreement when you say you wouldn't want to change places with them. Perhaps most prescient in the argument you advanced is the increasing chasm in revenues on account of the conference affiliation. That is a point that admittedly, hadn't considered.

I will still say this though, Uconn is still dangerous and they aren't going to fall off the planet anytime soon. A good recruiting class could infuse the program with some instant-relevance.

RF, spot on and I'm in complete agreement when you say you wouldn't want to change places with them. Perhaps most prescient in the argument you advanced is the increasing chasm in revenues on account of the conference affiliation. That is a point that admittedly, hadn't considered.

I will still say this though, Uconn is still dangerous and they aren't going to fall off the planet anytime soon. A good recruiting class could infuse the program with some instant-relevance.

I wouldn't change places with them either, that's not the debate.

Yes but 2 years ago is quite recent for it to wear off as quick as San Franciscos or Army. May be on the wrong side but bringing in a top class is a quick way of staying relevant.

That's what I meant earlier about just because they didn't fall off of a cliff, that the slippage has been tangible. Ollie's a good coach, they recruit well. There are lots of mid majors who contend for the top 25, and uconn could certainly continue to do that. But that's a different spot than where they were as members of the Big East.

They play in a mid-major conference, and still finished 6th. Put our team this year [i.e., one of the worst teams in our program's last 20 years] in the AAC, and where do you think we finish in the standings?

We've had improbable wins too...they count... like the 6 ot or the comeback this year with some deep threes... or what about improbable losses too? This improbable stuff needs to stop. Teams either do it or they dont. Their post season runs were incredibly improbable...but they did them. I mean we've had probable post seasons...that we didnt win.

Great speech, but I was talking about their title win as a low seed.

That's why I think a lot of this comes down to splitting hairs about what "irrelevant" and "mid major" means. And let's be honest--there are a lot of posters [self included] who don't like that program or their fanbase, so you have to take the schadenfreude with a grain of salt.

That's what I meant earlier about just because they didn't fall off of a cliff, that the slippage has been tangible. Ollie's a good coach, they recruit well. There are lots of mid majors who contend for the top 25, and uconn could certainly continue to do that. But that's a different spot than where they were as members of the Big East.

They play in a mid-major conference, and still finished 6th. Put our team this year [i.e., one of the worst teams in our program's last 20 years] in the AAC, and where do you think we finish in the standings?

I think we finish around the same spot they did in all honesty. There are some good teams in the league and as the BE may not be close competition wise the bottom of the ACC in basketball would probably finish at the bottom of the Patriot league, I'm only half kidding.

That's why I think a lot of this comes down to splitting hairs about what "irrelevant" and "mid major" means. And let's be honest--there are a lot of posters [self included] who don't like that program or their fanbase, so you have to take the schadenfreude with a grain of salt.

Is mid major > than 4 national titles? **** labels and those who are ruled by them. Im hulkin', m*fos! I should be out already but youre getting the benefit of what was meant for something else. Id take ONE more title for my beloved Boeheim if you could label me a low major. Goodness, some of you live in a different universe!

Last edited:
My Torrets is definitely getting worse as I get older. Speaking of rock n roll, I can't get this Motorhead song out of my head:

great tune: "Get a sweet thing on the side.' Home cookin, homicide. Side order, could be your daughter. Finger lickin' good... Sittin' here in a hired tuxedo. You wanna see my bacon torpedo." Lemmy was such an underrated wordsmith.

Last edited:
Is mid major > than 4 national titles? **** labels and those who are ruled by them.

Moving forward? I'd say yes.

Again, nobody can take those titles away. But will their future be contending for national championships out of the AAC? Highly unlikely.

People point to their past success as if that guarantees future performance. Meanwhile, those days of contending for a national championship grow more distant in the rear view mirror with each passing year.

great tune: "Get a sweet thing on the side.' Home cookin, homicide. Side order, could be your daughter. Finger lickin' good... Sittin' here in a hired tuxedo. You wanna see my bacon tuxedo." Lemmy was such an underrated wordsmith.

His cover of Sympathy for Devil is very good.

I've never seen him comment on my posts. I was just reading the last few he posted. I'll keep an open mind. Let me know if he says anything positive about our team.

I have a Danny Schayes autograph, I've sat in Archibold, because of those things and those things only my fanhood should never be questioned.

great tune: "Get a sweet thing on the side.' Home cookin, homicide. Side order, could be your daughter. Finger lickin' good... Sittin' here in a hired tuxedo. You wanna see my bacon tuxedo." Lemmy was such an underrated wordsmith.

I remembered this youtube of Lemmy being Ive been on a Beavis kick lately! ;)

I have no idea what you are saying in this post. But this guy doesn't seem like fan to me:

http://syracusefan.com/search/15634244/

You can't make 5000 posts never saying anything positive and also call yourself fan. I'm sorry. This guy is some kind of troll. If this is his personality I feel sorry for his wife.

I have no idea what you are saying in this post. But this guy doesn't seem like fan to me:

http://syracusefan.com/search/15634244/

You can't make 5000 posts never saying anything positive and also call yourself fan. I'm sorry. This guy is some kind of troll. If this is his personality I feel sorry for his wife.

I guess you missed the topic I started a few days back defending Cooney for about 5 pages. Or does that not count because he's hated?

His cover of Sympathy for Devil is very good.

Yes it was. ...GNR's cover was going to kick @$$ until Axl forced Slash to make his guitar work sound just like the original(and Slash has that trademark recognizable style that shouldnt be messed with)... like them or not, it is known to be the song that broke up the band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom