friggin uconn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

friggin uconn

I guess you missed the topic I started a few days back defending Cooney for about 5 pages. Or does that not count because he's hated?

Moving forward? I'd say yes.

Again, nobody can take those titles away. But will their future be contending for national championships out of the AAC? Highly unlikely.

People point to their past success as if that guarantees future performance. Meanwhile, those days of contending for a national championship grow more distant in the rear view mirror with each passing year.

Ok, how many decades or centuries do you honestly think it will take til our ACC status catches us up to their national titles? ****, I'm not even talking about the women either. The mid major on stupid message boards doesnt seem to bother them either!

I guess you missed the topic I started a few days back defending Cooney for about 5 pages. Or does that not count because he's hated?

I dd miss it. What do you like about Cooney just out of curiosity?

Youre two of my favorite posters. I dont know if my opinion means much, but I vouch for both of you. Give him a chance brother. He hasnt had to survive ****ing like us, but it isnt for lack of taking unpopular views. He's the real deal. Just give him some time. It's like when youre a young lad and learning to enjoy the taste of coffee or puerto rican rum.

His effort, he's the only guy on the court that I've seen that has given his 100% all of the time since Gmac. I'm a firm believe if he played 20-30 minutes a game he'd be far far more productive.

Yes it was. ...GNR's cover was going to kick @$$ until Axl forced Slash to make his guitar work sound just like the original(and Slash has that trademark recognizable style that shouldnt be messed with)... like them or not, it is known to be the song that broke up the band.

I thought I heard GNR might do something together this year.

Ok, how many decades or centuries do you honestly think it will take til our ACC status catches us up to their national titles? ****, I'm not even talking about the women either. The mid major on stupid message boards doesnt seem to bother them either!

And yet, they didn't get a bid last year despite making their conference championship game. In that regard, playing in a mid major conference certainly DID seem to bother their cause. What more objective evidence do you need?

I have no idea what you are saying in this post. But this guy doesn't seem like fan to me:

http://syracusefan.com/search/15634244/

You can't make 5000 posts never saying anything positive and also call yourself fan. I'm sorry. This guy is some kind of troll. If this is his personality I feel sorry for his wife.

Would a non true fan create this wonderful piece for the community?

Yes it was. ...GNR's cover was going to kick @$$ until Axl forced Slash to make his guitar work sound just like the original(and Slash has that trademark recognizable style that shouldnt be messed with)... like them or not, it is known to be the song that broke up the band.

G n' R was long done before they did Sympathy. Axl hiring Paul Huge,his good buddy, as the 2nd guitarist, didn't help matters. The bottom line was once Axl took over the band in the early 90s, they'd never be the Appetite world-beaters they were. IMO G n' R was in trouble when Izzy got sick of the bs and left.

And yet, they didn't get a bid last year despite making their conference championship game. In that regard, playing in a mid major conference certainly DID seem to bother their cause. What more objective evidence do you need?

Theyve had a NATIONAL title belt as a mid major. I'd take that over the 10,000,0oo message board posts about why a mid major is worse than that. I'd think most reasoning people would too, if they were honest. I used to have an an anti-UConn avatar... maybe my first one as a member of whatever board ($c0ut [**** these censors!] or whatever), but some of the anti UConn crap on here repulsed my common sense more than they did! It looks like I am not alone anymore.

G n' R was long done before they did Sympathy. Axl hiring Paul Huge,his good buddy, as the 2nd guitarist, didn't help matters. The bottom line was once Axl took over the band in the early 90s, they'd never be the Appetite world-beaters they were. IMO G n' R was in trouble when Izzy got sick of the bs and left.

I'm seeing gnr on the 9th here at the new T-Mobile arena. So Fing pumped.

NKR1978 said:
Fully expect them to beat Kansas. They have a system that works and I kind of wish we would emulate.

Playing real basketball?!

Theyve had a NATIONAL title belt as a mid major. I'd take that over the 10,000,0oo message board posts about why a mid major is worse than that. I'd think most reasoning people would too, if they were honest. I used to have an an anti-UConn avatar... maybe my first one as a member of whatever board ($c0ut [**** these censors!] or whatever), but some of the anti UConn crap on here repulsed my common sense more than they did! It looks like I am not alone anymore.

Oh for pete's sake, they had a national championship their first year out of the Big East, with Calhoun's players. What part of that aren't you connecting with, since we're being intellectual honest here? Since then?

Sounds like you're taking this too personally. If you want to wave pom-poms for uconn, by all means be my guest.

That may be true, but I not toooooo long ago read a pretty good article explaining how that song was the final nail in the coffin. You have good rock knowledge that I respect for sure though. Axl was a jerk at the time. Like Mike Tyson, I think he's mellowed out and become a bit more humble with age(and not coincidentally the magic from each has been lost). He probably hasnt been able to do that trademark voice in a long while either. Even though he was a jerk, he had a voice as recognizable as Slash's guitar. Even though totally different, the split was even worse than Waters leaving Pink Floyd. The GNR breakup didnt allow for much good music afterward, other than a couple of serviceable songs from Velvet Revolver. Ego can pull teams apart in music or on the court.

Last edited:
Youre two of my favorite posters. I dont know if my opinion means much, but I vouch for both of you. Give him a chance brother.

There are ways to disagree with someone without being disrespectful. Some people just love to flame other people's comments or flame them personally. My idea of being an Orange fan includes and occasional LGO from time to time. I praise and criticize the Orange all the time but I always want to see them win. I always think they can win every game. But that's just the kind of fan I am. Maybe there are other kinds I am not aware of.

Oh for pete's sake, they had a national championship their first year out of the Big East, with Calhoun's players. What part of that aren't you connecting with, since we're being intellectual honest here? Since then?

Sounds like you're taking this too personally. If you want to wave pom-poms for uconn, by all means be my guest.

Im not connecting with how Kevin Ollie can have a top 10 recruiting class for a dead program. Feel free to fill me in. Im drinking and my mind is on St Patricks day stuff, so feel free to fill me in.

Im not connecting with how Kevin Ollie can have a top 10 recruiting class for a dead program. Feel free to fill me in. Im drinking and my mind is on St Patricks day stuff, so feel free to fill me in.

"Dead." Your word. Mine is "mid major." Not interested in splitting hairs anymore over a straw man take.

Tip a few and relax.

There are ways to disagree with someone without being disrespectful. Some people just love to flame other people's comments or flame them personally. My idea of being an Orange fan includes and occasional LGO from time to time. I praise and criticize the Orange all the time but I always want to see them win. I always think they can win every game. But that's just the kind of fan I am. Maybe there are other kinds I am not aware of.

Maybe I havent examined 2three's stuff of late. I'm just trying to bring people together brother. Maybe when I'm sober I will analyze his latest stuff.

"Dead." Your word. Mine is "mid major." Not interested in splitting hairs anymore over a straw man take.

Tip a few and relax.

Look at our SOS since leaving the Big East. Going from #7 to three for three years of suckitude. No projection for ages or painting needed, those are the stats. I havent even seen theirs, but guess that it cant be as embarrassing. Im fairly sure someone will correct me if it is. Im just saying these "mid major" chest beaters on here often operate more from assumption than even myself, and are less often correct. I dont mean you personally, as I normally dig your stuff bro. And yes, Im tipping so maybe I'm a bit off target, but Im trying. :)

I'm seeing gnr on the 9th here at the new T-Mobile arena. So Fing pumped.

Too bad no Izzy or Adler. Hopefully Axl has gotten himself and his voice in shape. I get why Adler is not involved, but it's sad that he's been begging for a reunion forever but he's on the outside looking in. Steven's been oddly quiet so maybe there's hope for a few appearances.

That may be true, but I not toooooo long ago read a pretty good article explaining how that song was the final nail in the coffin. You have good rock knowledge that I respect for sure though. Axl was a jerk at the time. Like Mike Tyson, I think he's mellowed out and become a bit more humble with age(and not coincidentally the magic from each has been lost). He probably hasnt been able to do that trademark voice in a long while either. Even though he was a jerk, he had a voice as recognizable as Slash's guitar. Even though totally different, the split was even worse than Waters leaving Pink Floyd. The GNR breakup didnt allow for much good music afterward, other than a couple of serviceable songs from Velvet Revolver. Ego can pull teams apart in music or on the court.

Chinese Democracy had a few good songs on it, but was marred by cheesy production. Slash's recent solo output has been decent. Izzy's first solo album is the best album, post-classic G n' R lineup.

Axl sounded good in 2001. There YouTube of them at Rock in Rio that year where Axl sounded very good...not 1987 good but solid.

Too bad no Izzy or Adler. Hopefully Axl has gotten himself and his voice in shape. I get why Adler is not involved, but it's sad that he's been begging for a reunion forever but he's on the outside looking in. Steven's been oddly quiet so maybe there's hope for a few appearances.

Steven is a forgiving guy. It's supposedly his girlfriend Axl was working over in the interlude in "Rocket Queen". I think that was from a Rolling Stone article, but I dont recall at the moment. I think he had a cover band called Adler's Appetite. Didnt he get booted from the band for of all things a substance issue? Hard to believe in that band, who had hits about it it such as Mr Brownstone or Night Train, which I'm about to listen to help fulfill my mission and "leave this slum" (no offense owner) for awhile.

Wish it was everybody, but Axl and Slash, never thought you'd ever see them in the same state.

Find me a post where I flamed somebody personally and I'll PayPal you a thousand dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom