Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

This is probably true. I guess the question is would Judah play the same way he currently does if he had teammates around him that could create their own looks/provide any court spacing for him? Insert any player in Judah’s place and the offense is still likely ugly IMO because most of our players don’t need to be defended on the perimeter and also aren’t a vertical threat around the rim. It’s not exactly an ecosystem built for success. Judah definitely plays his part in those struggles too though.

Our team did play different on offense in stretches when Judah wasn’t on the floor.

I believe we played the way we did because Judah wants to take shots. Jmo.

Not even close to Scoop. Like not in the same universe. Scoop was the PG when being the PG at Syracuse actually mattered
I don't remember Scoop being sort of hated. Judah is interesting in that while he has been exceptionally good and instrumental in many wins, he is so disliked by many. His style isn't likeable, nor his the personality that he projects. Whatever, I'm ready for next up.

Reading and comprehension don't always jive. I never said Benny was any good. Plus he doesn't play the violin.
I ready your post 10 times and you said you “wished Benny panned out. We only really had him for half the year.” You wished Judah had a better supporting cast and specifically mentioned said player. What else is one suppose to interpret?

It made zero difference whether we had Benny or not.

I ready your post 10 times and you said you “wished Benny panned out. We only really had him for half the year.” You wished Judah had a better supporting cast and specifically mentioned said player. What else is one suppose to interpret?

It made zero difference whether we had Benny or not.
Understood. It was poorly written by me. My point is that we didn't have any good offensive players and if we had I believe Judah would have played differently. Red encouraged him to try and score because we latterly didn't have anyone else who could.

Seriously Mike. Lots of Heisman winners don't make it in the pros. Tons of great Syracuse basketball players never played in the NBA.
Being labeled willfully ignorant by you for suggesting that a second team all acc basketball player is good because you don't agree doesn't necessarily make you a fool but it certainly makes you come across as one.

Hey. Sorry about the willfully ignorant comment. Thats me being a jerk.

I don’t agree with you at all about Judah. And I’m never going to concede on points like All ACC bc those teams reward aggregate stats, imo. The point about the nba is he was on the board and slid off. It’s not like he is 5’8” and he never had a shot at the nba from the jump. And let’s see where he ends up. Forget being an nba player, but let’s see what caliber of team takes him at the college level.

Kid is talented. But, imo, he didn’t improve year over year. And the major issues are that he really doesn’t have a position and he can’t or won’t improve what he has trouble with.

And, frankly, most of the discussion is just on the offensive side and not on D, where, by the later parts of the year, he was having issues defending a pick and roll even.

Our offense was nearly 9 points better per 100 possessions when Judah was on the floor vs. when we ran a more balanced offense without him.

Fair point. My counter would be that 1) we ran an offense that was dictated by Judah this year and 2) Judah played 34mpg.

So in the 6mpg he wasn’t on the floor, sure, we played worse on offense. But I’d want to see what five man numbers looked at to see where the soft spots were within the times that Judah was on the court.

I don't remember Scoop being sort of hated. Judah is interesting in that while he has been exceptionally good and instrumental in many wins, he is so disliked by many. His style isn't likeable, nor his the personality that he projects. Whatever, I'm ready for next up.
I do. I was one of the offenders.

In retrospect, the bottom line when looking at point guards, and how they’re remembered is the success of the teams they ran. With that in mind a guy like Scoop, is always going to rate way higher than Judah with serious fans. That gap will only get bigger with time.

Last edited:
In retrospect, the bottom line when looking at point guards, and how they’re remembered is the success of the teams they ran. With that in mind, a guy like scoop, is always going to rate way higher than Judah with serious fans. That gap will only get bigger with time.
Yep. He drove me crazy at the time but looking back I appreciate him more and more.

Yep. He drove me crazy at the time but looking back I appreciate him more and more.

True, but those mistakes were in close games against really good teams when we were also a really good team. There were also games where he was absolutely the best guard we had on the floor and we won the games because of him. That’s pretty tough to do when you’re playing with Dion and Triche. MCW was buried on the bench on that team. No matter how good anybody thinks Judah is, he would’ve seen zero minutes on that team.

Last edited:
Seriously Mike. Lots of Heisman winners don't make it in the pros. Tons of great Syracuse basketball players never played in the NBA.
Being labeled willfully ignorant by you for suggesting that a second team all acc basketball player is good because you don't agree doesn't necessarily make you a fool but it certainly makes you come across as one.
(Some) SU fans used to argue that GMac was a better player than JJ Reddick.

Hey. Sorry about the willfully ignorant comment. Thats me being a jerk.

I don’t agree with you at all about Judah. And I’m never going to concede on points like All ACC bc those teams reward aggregate stats, imo. The point about the nba is he was on the board and slid off. It’s not like he is 5’8” and he never had a shot at the nba from the jump. And let’s see where he ends up. Forget being an nba player, but let’s see what caliber of team takes him at the college level.

Kid is talented. But, imo, he didn’t improve year over year. And the major issues are that he really doesn’t have a position and he can’t or won’t improve what he has trouble with.

And, frankly, most of the discussion is just on the offensive side and not on D, where, by the later parts of the year, he was having issues defending a pick and roll even.
Mike if I had a dollar for every time I've been a jerk you and I would be able to buy a great PG. No worries at all. Love your post and love this site. Let's hope that Red can put together a team for next season that plays as a team, not a bunch of petulant children.

coon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom