Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boeheim doing a slash and burn to the program leaving the cupboard bare for the next coach. Says, "Here you go, build your own program." as he picks his nose and flicks the bugger through the hoop on his way out.
Build from zero can work, with the right coach.

Nothing like how explosive the Butler guards. They did whatever they wanted. How many layups did Kadary get in the past 4-5 games? Butlers had more I just last nights game. He didn’t blow by anyone in the tournament. He had one dunk off a great pass from Marek. He drove twice against Houston
Did you watch last nights game? Their speed and their aggressiveness puts Kadary to shame. It’s not even close. I’m not knocking Kadary, but they are at a different level. Everyone here acts like Kadary is all world. He’s not. I hate to lose him, but this godlike worship for this kid is way over the top.
I think you mean Baylor but if you think they are that much better then Kadary then what does that say about Joe who is now all we are left with. His drives or pretty much anything going to the basket is like watching a small child play against their uncle who mercilessly swats the ball

Joe: "just keep shooting." On repeat

FlashyDopeyBarnswallow-small.gif

Boeheim press conference after the Houston game he was definitely downplaying Kadary a little. I assume this has been known for a while but to lose the talent with the highest ceiling on our team is a major issue.

JB was acting like the coach played by Craig T. Nelson in "All the right moves"

The next HC is going to have a losing season year 1 no doubt.
Which is why I will be uber patient with them.

The cupboard will be bare.
Depends on well they can 'croot.

I think you mean Baylor but if you think they are that much better then Kadary then what does that say about Joe who is now all we are left with. His drives or pretty much anything going to the basket is like watching a small child play against their uncle who mercilessly swats the ball
You’re correct, it was Baylor.

What's considered a murderer's row of schools in college basketball these days? It's not the worst list of schools I've seen on the exact day that the portal entry was announced.
Right? Houston just kicked the crap out of us.

Oregon State went further than us. Baylor and Gonzaga are big dogs. Creighton just lost.

Depends on well they can 'croot.
They won’t be able to recruit before their first season as kids commit early.

I won’t want the new coach to load up on grad transfers maybe supplement the roster but year 1 is going to be rough.

The roster won’t be stocked up.

I truly feel bad for Joe. I don’t know the kid personally but he’s in an impossible situation now. Unless he has an all acc type year half the fan base, likely far more, may unfairly resent his career.
Yep, this could not have been handled worse. JB, better advice than “don’t listen to anyone “ is “no man is an island”.

In these Athletic profiles, Kadary just sounds like such a heady and level headed kid who is willing to bide his time and understood that he had to fight for a starting role and if he didn’t win it, he’d come back and stay in Syracuse and fight harder for it in the off-season. That’s all from high school coach Shawn Mark, who is friends with Allen Griffin (Griff also grew up in Flatbush, where Kadary is from). And Brewster assistant Tim Cushing mentored Kadary and is close with him. We’ve done so well with Brewster kids and are close with their staff. don’t understand how we are we losing a Brewster kid to a transfer.

He also talks about Syracuse being his dream school and how he walked into his high school coach’s office as a sophomore and said he wanted to go to Syracuse. Carmelo is one of his idols. Man, the staff needs to get him on the phone with Melo and right this ship.

Never in a million years did I think he would transfer. IMO, Boeheim was clearly going to start him next season, based on his freshman year trajectory and if he worked on what he needed to work on in the offseason. The only reason he wasn’t playing 30mpg in the tourney was because of the injury.

His dream realized, Syracuse’s Kadary Richmond is ready to work

The silky smooth pace and control of Syracuse freshman Kadary Richmond

“People from my area don’t get opportunities like this,” Richmond says. “I’m not going to waste any moments out there.” How’s that for perspective from the 19-year-old, who is equally aware of his weaknesses as his strengths: “I need to work on picking my spots on the court, knowing when to attack and when to make plays. Being a little more aggressive sometimes.”
Why would he start him in the fall but not in the 2nd half of a sweet 16 game that was a mess?

The worst things about those tweets is that it doesn't even have to be true that JB told Richmond he expects Joe to start. The worst part is that it's believable. And when something is that believable, it's easy to have that used to negatively recruit against you.

I don't believe it.

And I agree with pretty much all the critical things that people have said about Boeheim in this thread. But he doesn't talk that way.

Anyone know the deadline to put your name in or pull your name out of the portal?How about Marek’s situation, any final dates on these things?

I truly feel bad for Joe. I don’t know the kid personally but he’s in an impossible situation now. Unless he has an all acc type year half the fan base, likely far more, may unfairly resent his career.
I’d feel bad for him except he takes the worst shots I’ve ever seen, the worst drives I’ve ever seen and plays awful defense. The defense I’ll ignore, are the first two things something you want from a point guard. If he was able to bring the ball up and pass it, make smart decisions I don’t think people would be so hard on him. JB is at fault, but Joe hasn’t helped his case at all.

I don't believe it.

And I agree with pretty much all the critical things that people have said about Boeheim in this thread. But he doesn't talk that way.
But how many will believe it?

It's > 0.

That's a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online