Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

That Sucks The Office GIF

Was SU ever going to announce this? The secrecy on SU’s part is mind boggling,

Explains the Chance Amie tweet, deleted tweet.

I have to give the staff credit, they are pretty good at keeping things under wraps in the age of everyone knowing everything about everyone else.

Oh yeah, and it's true what they say. We can't have nice things.

At least as things stand now, we've got some quality options in the QB room. Villari and Morgan aren't chopped liver.

In the past, an injury like this would have been a remarkable setback, given the way Shrader plays. Improved depth helps us whether the storm.

At least as things stand now, we've got some quality options in the QB room. Villari and Morgan aren't chopped liver.

In the past, an injury like this would have been a remarkable setback, given the way Shrader plays. Improved depth helps us whether the storm.

On top of that, I'd say we have proven OC and QB coaches, which should help accelerate the development of the backups.

Morgan’s a proven game manager and a big body.

Lamson’s a very promising prospect and his time will come. This board’s gone a little overboard with expectations, per usual, following the spring game. He was impressive but he was dicing up our two’s and three’s which are equally as green as he is for the most part.

Non contact knee injury...surgery performed...rehab to begin soon.
CYA in 2023 as far as PT availability?

yeah its probably a full season deal if they haven't given a timeline

Lamson’s a very promising prospect and his time will come. This board’s gone a little overboard with expectations, per usual, following the spring game. He was impressive but he was dicing up our two’s and three’s which are equally as green as he is for the most part.
I think the expecations were less about the spring game and more about what insiders were hearing about how coaches were excited about his work on the scout team. If he showed well against our 1st team defense in practice last year, that's promising.

Exactly

Agree

That's still 100% up for debate. Any idea that either one would be able to enter a game and not sink the offense is still theoretical at this point. People on this board have really built up Villari into something he likely isn't. Folks just see that he went to Michigan and think that automatically makes him something significant. He was a Plan D there as their QB recruit in that cycle got diagnosed with a heart defect late and was ruled ineligible. He was their #4 QB last year and looking like he was going to be our #3. Maybe the kid is a gamer and would show out but I'll believe it when I see it and I hope I don't have to see it.

That being said even post-Lamson injury this is easily the happiest we can be about the QB room since Dungey SR year.

Let’s find another roster spot and get Chance back up here.
GS isn’t going to last the year and we need the depth.

That's still 100% up for debate. Any idea that either one would be able to enter a game and not sink the offense is still theoretical at this point. People on this board have really built up Villari into something he likely isn't. Folks just see that he went to Michigan and think that automatically makes him something significant. He was a Plan D there as their QB recruit in that cycle got diagnosed with a heart defect late and was ruled ineligible. He was their #4 QB last year and looking like he was going to be our #3. Maybe the kid is a gamer and would show out but I'll believe it when I see it and I hope I don't have to see it.

That being said even post-Lamson injury this is easily the happiest we can be about the QB room since Dungey SR year.
I dont think he saying they are gonna come in and kill it. Morgan does have some game experience. I don't think anyone is over rating Villari either. They just like some of the things he provides.

They can’t announce it. Hippa and all that unless Lamson told them they could.
Not sure HIPAA applies here - it only covers health insurance companies, clearing houses, and medical providers, plus their business associates. No expert, but I don't think the training room of the SUAD would be considered a medical provider.

Also, not sure to what degree of privacy Lamson can expect. I can easily go on the website and obtain his height, weight, major, names of his parents, and his high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom