Lamson out indefinitely with injury | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Lamson out indefinitely with injury

Devito, Howard, Cantin-Arku, Labrosse, Benson, Lutz, Cole and Taj were all starters or major contributors at times. We didn't exactly lose a bunch of "nobodies" but are there better players in their position? For the most part, yes. Out of everyone that left, I wish we still had Cantin-Arku, Labrosse and Benson.

The key is, all of our main key guys returned.

We lost 14 players last year. 2 were starters. The rest moved on because they weren’t getting and we’re never going to get playing time.

Compared to the rest of college football we did really well with losing very little players.

All I’m saying is, Mikel Jones and Sean Tucker, I can almost guarantee we’re staring down hundreds of thousands of dollars to transfer out possibly more and yet they stayed loyal to Syracuse and our coaching staff.

That tells me A LOT about the current locker room.

I disagree with this. We lost a lot of depth that would have started, or at least been rotation players, this season.

Taj Harris and Tommy DeVito were the 2 starters, of course.

But both Kinsler and Cantin-Arku would have seen lots of time at LB and on special teams.

Curtis Harper would have started on the D line. {Edit - I meant to say Cody Roscoe. I get them mixed up because of their first names.}

Luke Benson was a quality TE who left because we never threw to the TE.

And we lost 3 young guys from the defensive backfield.

Last edited:
Devito, Howard, Cantin-Arku, Labrosse, Benson, Lutz, Cole and Taj were all starters or major contributors at times. We didn't exactly lose a bunch of "nobodies" but are there better players in their position? For the most part, yes. Out of everyone that left, I wish we still had Cantin-Arku, Labrosse and Benson.
I wish that Taj had given an honest, full season effort last year and then taken his degree and done whatever he wanted to do.

I disagree with this. We lost a lot of depth that would have started, or at least been rotation players, this season.

Taj Harris and Tommy DeVito were the 2 starters, of course.

But but Kinsler and Cantin-Arku would have seen lots of time at LB and on special teams.

Curtis Harper would have started on the D line.

Luke Benson was a quality TE who left because we never threw to the TE.

And we lost 3 young guys from the defensive backfield.

Harris and Harper were the only starters. Sure we lost some depth, but other teams lost a lot more. We made out fine.

The portal is here to stay.

Not going to worry about what was (Devito, Harris) or what could have been (Benson, Cantin-Arku, Harper, Cole). I'm going to focus on the guys who are here now.

Considering everything, we traded up, way up. The coaching staff did a good job.

The portal is here to stay.

Not going to worry about what was (Devito, Harris) or what could have been (Benson, Cantin-Arku, Harper, Cole). I'm going to focus on the guys who are here now.

Considering everything, we traded up, way up. The coaching staff did a good job.

Except for losing Curtis Harper. He wasn't replaced.
And now our back-ups at LB are freshman. People do get hurt.

I agree with ya but it’s not who he went against or them being td’s. It’s how he threw the ball and where he threw it for the receiver to catch it. Haven’t seen that since TD left. He has a good arm with nice mechanics. I think he woulda pushed GS this year without a doubt. I just have bad memories of GS throwing the ball last year. Although VT game pass was legit.
I dont need to be sold on Lamson. I like some of the things I saw and heard somethings about him. It doesnt mean he was going to be better than Shrader this year. It would have took a lot for Lamson to seat belt Shrader. Fans ( including myself) like to over emphasize small sample sizes. If Lamson had a full season under his belt we would be talking about his flaws as well and pointing out how Rio Wilson looked amazing going 6-8 in the spring game LOL.

Last edited:
Yup and Harper was by default. Not sure what people are watching if they can't see how he didnt fit in the defense.

Sorry, I meant Cody Roscoe. I keep mixing up the two (Curtis and Cody).
He was statistically our next best DL after the 3 starters. He had a terrific year.

Pretty sure he still had a year left.

Graduated.

Senior Year (2021): 11 games.

Senior Year (2020): COVID year doesn't count

Junior Year (2019 at McNeese State): 12 games

Sophomore Year (2018 at McNeese State): 11 games

Freshman Year (2017 at McNeese State): 7 games

Wait, what? Are we doing this again?

Sorry. I guess it's a mix of wishful thinking and absolute terror at the thought that we didn't bring any DLs in during the offseason (other than the freshman, obviously).

Did I see Justin in one of the warming up clips? No leg brace; looked totally fine. Or, did I get jersey number wrong? Looked like a black qb jersey #10; during stretching.

I’m done with this conversation….

This guy thinks that Cody Roscoe the grad transfer that had 1 year of eligibility when he came here, who ended up playing two seasons because he got a covid year for his single grad transfer year (2020) had another year of eligibility and transferred out…..

He literally came back to play an extra year……..FOR DINO BABERS. Literally went on a team that was 1-10 and decided to COME BACK and play for that coach that went 1-10….

If that’s not love for what’s going on in the locker room and loving the man that’s leading you……idk what is

Not quite sure how the D-line and players leaving the program have anything to do with Lamson’s injury. I know I’m just an eternal optimist, but is there any chance that a mod can purge the extraneous crap from this thread?

Last edited:
I’m done with this conversation….

This guy thinks that Cody Roscoe the grad transfer that had 1 year of eligibility when he came here, who ended up playing two seasons because he got a covid year for his single grad transfer year (2020) had another year of eligibility and transferred out…..

He literally came back to play an extra year……..FOR DINO BABERS. Literally went on a team that was 1-10 and decided to COME BACK and play for that coach that went 1-10….

If that’s not love for what’s going on in the locker room and loving the man that’s leading you……idk what is

Sorry, but no, I thought he had played 4 in 4 and the COVID year, which I thought meant that he had a "freebie" if he wanted it. Some guys stay and get a Masters. A lot of them, in fact. My mistake. I won't say it again. You guys have properly shamed me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom