NC State attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

If SU does $1 beer for 1st half the dome would be rocking and 1$ hot dogs. They pack them in at the baseball stadium for those nights and the rest of the time place is empty. Do the same thing.

Ya dollar beer for a college football game with 30K+ fans and a large student section, what could possibly go wrong.

Yeah saw that. With Alabama at tn that weekend I’d say the one percentage chance of gameday being here went down to zero. Just have resigned myself it ain’t happening in my lifetime, insert depressed face……

I doubt they go back to Tenn after having just been there. That being said I think we have very little shot at it. The below games will be candidates...

Penn State at Michigan
Clemson at FSU
USC at Utah
Kansas at Oklahoma
Arkansas at BYU
UNC at Duke

Our game IMO only happens if NC State is undefeated.

Yeah saw that. With Alabama at tn that weekend I’d say the one percentage chance of gameday being here went down to zero. Just have resigned myself it ain’t happening in my lifetime, insert depressed face……
That won’t be the game that beats us , game day was in Knoxville last weekend. ( I never remember them going to the same campus within a few weeks)

I think there is still a strong chance that we get it for NC State

Remember, our AD has connections and they’ve been really enjoying going to places that they haven’t been to before

That gives us a leg up

Maybe not marketing - but how about giving tickets to HS Football Teams, Pop Warner Teams, RE-invigorate the Tickets to Ft Drum or local vet agencies etc. You want A$$#3$ in seats you need to do community outreach to build fans for the future.

That won’t be the game that beats us , game day was in Knoxville last weekend. ( I never remember them going to the same campus within a few weeks)
Penn state Michigan could be 2 top ten teams but would Fox have dibs since it is a big ten game?

Maybe not marketing - but how about giving tickets to HS Football Teams, Pop Warner Teams, RE-invigorate the Tickets to Ft Drum or local vet agencies etc. You want A$$#3$ in seats you need to do community outreach to build fans for the future.

The days of SU giving away large amounts of tickets is over. They may do soemthing like a one off with Fort Drum but the days of sending out a few thousand to pack the Dome - Clemson several years ago and 1 or 2 others is DOA. Wildhack is not a fan and with the price increase to season ticket holders they don't feel it would be well received.

Penn state Michigan could be 2 top ten teams but would Fox have dibs since it is a big ten game?

Fox will probably have dibs, but I don't think that's stopped Gameday and the Big Noon Show from being at the same location. I think they did it for Ohio State - Michigan last year.

I think the tickets were more expensive in 1987.

Adjusted for inflation, absolutely.

For instance, $10 ticket in 1987 would likely be in the $32-35 range today.

I think the tickets were more expensive in 1987.
I was curious of this. I tried to find something online but couldn’t. I did see that against Miami (OH) we had a Milller day that day.

It has to be an event. You have to get the casuals and not just the casuals but even the less then casuals…………..Two points
1. When I was Uber driving a few years ago I was driving
during BUs “Claus a con “ or whatever it’s called . Huge event and students visit there buddies on campus from all over the place. Three girls get in my car and I ask where they are from and they tell me Wisconsin. I say how do you like the “Jump Around” at the end of the 3rd Quarter. They instantly get excited , they say they love it . I say how was the team last year they say they have no idea. Then ask me to play House of Pain tune and shake my car for the next three minutes.
2. Just last week I made sure I tuned in early for the W. Va. Hokie game to see if Metallica was still working for them. And it absolutely was, Crowd was having a ball and getting riled up as much as ever.
I would give SU a solid C minus to D for the efforts to utilize the LED lighting and new dome features. Make it an event and people will come ( not just we hardcores who come just for football )

It has to be an event. You have to get the casuals and not just the casuals but even the less then casuals…………..Two points
1. When I was Uber driving a few years ago I was driving
during BUs “Claus a con “ or whatever it’s called . Huge event and students visit there buddies on campus from all over the place. Three girls get in my car and I ask where they are from and they tell me Wisconsin. I say how do you like the “Jump Around” at the end of the 3rd Quarter. They instantly get excited , they say they love it . I say how was the team last year they say they have no idea. Then ask me to play House of Pain tune and shake my car for the next three minutes.
2. Just last week I made sure I tuned in early for the W. Va. Hokie game to see if Metallica was still working for them. And it absolutely was, Crowd was having a ball and getting riled up as much as ever.
I would give SU a solid C minus to D for the efforts to utilize the LED lighting and new dome features. Make it an event and people will come ( not just we hardcores who come just for football )

I was in early on Friday.

The students belted out the alma mater, sang the National Anthem like it was European soccer, the lights were down, there was smoke, the ribbon boards and scoreboard were doing their thing, good stuff.

Meanwhile then moving from A to B I see Cuseregular and TexanMark disregarding all of that for another dome dog and beer...

I'm coming to the working opinion that it's the same 37K that go to all the events.

It would work tho. Lmao

You want "fans" to show up for games; not people just looking to get sloshed. (There's already a pretty significant cross-population between the two)

The University/AD makes plenty of money by virtue of its ACC affiliation. Adding spectators just for sake of adding spectators doesnt really make much difference from a revenue standpoint.

The students belted out the alma mater, sang the National Anthem like it was European soccer, the lights were down, there was smoke, the ribbon boards and scoreboard were doing their thing, good stuff.

Meanwhile then moving from A to B I see Cuseregular and TexanMark disregarding all of that for another dome dog and beer...

I'm coming to the working opinion that it's the same 37K that go to all the events.
Yep , how many people have you heard say , “ I have to get there early, I don’t want to miss the entrance, but your argument is pretty good , I’ll give it a C instead. It’s what every FBS in the country is doing ( minimally)

Yep , how many people have you heard say , “ I have to get there early, I don’t want to miss the entrance, but your argument is pretty good , I’ll give it a C instead. It’s what every FBS in the country is doing ( minimally)

Honestly I was surprised how neat it was (to me) and how engaged the students were.

The students were engaged in singing Neil Diamond Red Sox , Sweet Caroline. Which goes back to my original point. Get something that builds and builds and eventually you have the non student sections in it as well.

LOL they were with me and a few others trying to pack everythign back up after another monster tailgate. Think we made it into the Dome a few moments before kick. Speaking of the tailgate, where were you?

The students were engaged in singing Neil Diamond Red Sox , Sweet Caroline. Which goes back to my original point. Get something that builds and builds and eventually you have the non student sections in it as well.

Not in Syracuse

Too many bow tie fans.

I’ve never been to a visiting P5 stadium where the entire crowd didn’t stand the entire game

Sometimes even on 3rd down I feel weird standing and yelling.

Need to have fans not afraid to be engaged, all 4 downs and willing to get into what’s going on

You can build a future fan base by giving promotional tickets to grade school students. 2 free tickets to every student with good attendance, good behavior, any reason the school wants.

It looks like section 313, 314,and 315 are blocked out and the last to sell. So give them away for games when those section aren’t expected to sell.

This builds good will and future fans. Kids with an adult pay for parking, buys drinks and buy merchandise. Heck, direct them to a specific entrance and give anyone with one of those tickets something; a foam finger, a coupon for a free drink, a small Orange plastic megaphone to use to get loud. Send a couple of cheerleaders to those sections during the game to lead a cheer. Send Otto and members of Otto’s Army up there. Make it fun and they will never forget the experience. And… they will return.

Players are off on Mondays (no practice). How cool would it be for a couple of players to make guest appearance at some school? on Monday? Perhaps there’s a way to use NIL to compensate the players as well.

Sections should never be empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom