NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I said in some post way above, the seedings the ACC received were totally justified and deserved. They stank in November and December, and you can't adequately measure how a conference is performing compared to others when it only plays themselves after January 1. So those earlier games set the structure on how the conferences will be stacked come March.

But the fact is that some conferences as a whole will be improving or stagnating after that January 1 date for various reasons and it could result in the lower P5 performing schools playing over their seed and vice versa.

Oats looks like a deer in headlights. Sat on 3 TOs during that last run. Lots of Iso by Bama thinking their going to out athlete ND.

Not impressed.

So I gotta admit- Nate Oats is too much Mike Anderson for my taste. He doesn't run a system that to me is going to win many NCAAT games over time. They shoot too many bad threes, they do play really hard but it's too much chaos and its really threading a needle for them to go all that far.

Even this year they have the talent to be a 3 or 4 seed but lose too many games they shouldn't. I get beggers shouldn't be choosers but still- his stock is dropping for me.

Oats looks like a deer in headlights. Sat on 3 TOs during that last run. Lots of Iso by Bama thinking their going to out athlete ND.

Not impressed.
He can’t adjust to his style. He only plays one way. He has that Hurley attitude that if you play hard as hell you will win. You still have to coach offense and instill an offensive confidence in your team. I want no part of him as a coach at SU. He’s also arrogant as hell.

ACC representing well except for VT. The sad thing is that we had all the ACC teams in the tourney beaten at some point if we could close the deal. But we blew every game. Needed one more solid contributor in the lineup. The season of coming up short too many times.

He can’t adjust to his style. He only plays one way. He has that Hurley attitude that if you play hard as hell you will win. You still have to coach offense and instill an offensive confidence in your team. I want no part of him as a coach at SU. He’s also arrogant as hell.

Yep. As he gets more time in the spotlight the warts become more obvious.

It would be a beautiful day after St. Paddy's if Auburn (crook Pearl) and Duke (crybaby, sore loser and bag man to Zion Coach K) would lose. If it takes Sunday for them to lose, I will gladly accept it
I forgot about Coach K's Banchero DWI coverup with his grandson.

VT going down. Exactly what I said to be afraid of with VT is happening. They are flat after the emotionally charged ACC Championship. It happens a lot. VT is also being called for their holding and grabbing that has not been called against them in the ACC.

VT going down. Exactly what I said to be afraid of with VT is happening. They are flat after the emotionally charged ACC Championship. It happens a lot. VT is also being called for their holding and grabbing that has not been called against them in the ACC.

Gotta give them credit for over performing. They aren't full of kids who are gonna have a shot in the NBA. In fact not sure they have a kid who will. Maybe Aluma but he is such a tweener.

Why would we want Nat O as a coach. Guy is mediocre. Ill take Hop Red or Gmac over him

I mean they beat all the good teams they played.

ND was riding hot after their Rutgers game and they lost their top player.

We should hire Oats on Monday. I need a recruiter that brings in exciting players I don't want to win with unathletic 4 year types.

Down to 4 perfect brackets on ESPN.
Those 4 brackets have Duke, Arizona, Houston, and Memphis as their champions.

Its a shame that Duke will lose tonight for one of those 4 chumps.

EDIT - Will be down to 2 after Texas wins in a few minutes.

You forgot much more than that when it came to Coach K.

Duke basketball/K is untouchable. That isn't just some opinion either. Its well known- hearing just how untouchable from a former ACC baller still to this day bugs me.

So I gotta admit- Nate Oats is too much Mike Anderson for my taste. He doesn't run a system that to me is going to win many NCAAT games over time. They shoot too many bad threes, they do play really hard but it's too much chaos and its really threading a needle for them to go all that far.

Even this year they have the talent to be a 3 or 4 seed but lose too many games they shouldn't. I get beggers shouldn't be choosers but still- his stock is dropping for me.
Interesting. Reading this board, I thought he was the second coming of Mike Krzyzewski.
1647643359649.gif

We should start taking a deep dive on the Chris Beard coaching tree. He’ll prolly start focusing more on in-state kids with UT, but with TTU he was all about the portal, and the new guy there hasn’t skipped a beat. Gotta be systemic.

No more Oats for me.

I'll settle for Mark Few and forgive his DWI indiscretion.
Or Jay Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors