NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot much more than that when it came to Coach K.
Like the year when Duke stunk so he slithers out the back door with his bad back excuse and doesn't finish the season coaching. Seems unusual all the years they were powerhouses the bad back never seemed to affect him.

Coburn lol

I choose not to pronounce all the letters. I’m going to skip a couple of those consonants

Like the year when Duke stunk so he slithers out the back door with his bad back excuse and doesn't finish the season coaching. Seems unusual all the years they were powerhouses the bad back never seemed to affect him.
I know people love the narrative, but Is that really an accurate depiction of reality? They were ranked #11 at the time.
Pete Gaudet, their Bernie Fine/Bill Guthridge, steered them to such horrific lows that I believe he quit the coaching profession.

#6 loses to # 11 ND by 14. Nates team goes down 78 – 64. Just didn’t have it today. At least they made the show. But losing to “Americas Team,” I once heard an announcer say and it has stuck with me, is inexcusable. Don’t like losing to ND in anything.

#6 loses to # 11 ND by 14. Nates team goes down 78 – 64. Just didn’t have it today. At least they made the show. But losing to “Americas Team,” I once heard an announcer say and it has stuck with me, is inexcusable. Don’t like losing to ND in anything.
Had a couple terrible calls go against them today, but the coach does it to himself. But whoever the ref was that didn’t call the mugging by the ND player on the bama who stole the ball should NOT be allowed to call another game this year.

Cockburn is a 65% FT shooter ? His free throws careen at such crazy angles off the rim Im surprised he shoots 35%

Yeah- I have even myself been a fan of his somewhat but it's faded a lot. He should work for Bama for a while but he is going to have to learn how to adjust if he is going to be anything more than Mike Anderson 2.0
I mean I get it, but the last time Syracuse was better than a 6 seed was 8 years ago. ND is a very tough 11-seed.

And before we anoint JAB as king of March, he’s had a lot of premature flameouts. The NCAA tourney is all about getting in every year and getting a good path and then getting the breaks.

Cockburn is a 65% FT shooter ? His free throws careen at such crazy angles off the rim Im surprised he shoots 35%
He’s an absolute load. I think this game will be like an NFL game where one teams O line just wears down the opposition.

I mean I get it, but the last time Syracuse was better than a 6 seed was 8 years ago. ND is a very tough 11-seed.

And before we anoint JAB as king of March, he’s had a lot of premature flameouts. The NCAA tourney is all about getting in every year and getting a good path and then getting the breaks.

ND is playing well but let's no go crazy.

I wasn't comparing Oats to JB. Looking at him independently as a coach- he is not all that impressive. I don't think we need be looking at what a coach is doing seed wise compared to where we are now. Little bigger picture than that.

Chattanooga blew a chance to have a huge lead. They were up 20-7 and really should have been 30-7 Illinois was playing so bad

Texas Tech is going to blow Notre Dame’s doors off on Sunday

Cal St Fullerton has to give some reason to believe soon or I'm switching over to Raptors-Lakers and Chatt-Ill.

Dukies jumped out to that early lead and started to think it was going to be easy.

As I was typing that (slowly) CSF has cut the lead from 10 to 6.

Big hair number 5 on Illinois is horrrrrible … dribbles the ball like he gets a dollar per bounce and has no plan At all with the ball .. except occasionally falling on his arse and turning it over

Dook isn’t good the ACC was just a joke

Dook isn’t good the ACC was just a joke

Duke has ZERO heart.

I look forward to Coach Rat Face's career coming to an embarrassing end by the second round.

And I look forward to never hearing about a nondescript piece of s*** like Paulo bancero ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom