NYT does Calipari | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NYT does Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, you've got your head buried in the sand, and your rationale is built on a flimsy premise.

I'll agree about one thing: to date, Cal has managed to avoid being implicated. The narrative on him will change when he eventually, inevitably is.

I'm just dealing with the facts as I know them and you've done nothing to disabuse me of my opinion. If you come up with more facts or if Cal is eventually implicated then I will readily admit you were right.

They are dumb but it's part of their culture. They are the most penalized program in history. Once a decade since the 50's. Six times I think. So they are due.

I thought the NCAA does everything imaginable to protect their cash cow.

PoppyHart said:
I thought the NCAA does everything imaginable to protect their cash cow.

Just listing a fact.

Ouch

Not really paul. And try quoting the person you are asking next time. Kanters amateur status was one of many items surrounding calipari early on at UK. Connaughton is still an amateur as a basketball player. Also Kanter had already played and been paid for basketball not a different sport. Again ncaa makes the rules. Never said i agree with them. Just enforce them equally.

How come nobody mentions the extra "benefits" that Ashley Judd provides? I mean, let's put it all out there.

I'm just dealing with the facts as I know them and you've done nothing to disabuse me of my opinion. If you come up with more facts or if Cal is eventually implicated then I will readily admit you were right.

It would be easy to come up with facts demonstrating that the issues at UMass / Memphis / Kentucky under Cal's watch go far beyond Rose / Canby. It has nothing to do with being wrong / right, the facts speak for themselves--and indicate that the impropriety goes well beyond just the two specific instances you acknowledge.

Again, I readily admit that Cal hasn't gotten caught for the other stuff. I make no claim about which allegations are true, explainable, or false. But there is a LOT more than just Rose / Canby. That's what's a fact.

It would be easy to come up with facts demonstrating that the issues at UMass / Memphis / Kentucky under Cal's watch go far beyond Rose / Canby. It has nothing to do with being wrong / right, the facts speak for themselves--and indicate that the impropriety goes well beyond just the two specific instances you acknowledge.

Again, I readily admit that Cal hasn't gotten caught for the other stuff. I make no claim about which allegations are true, explainable, or false. But there is a LOT more than just Rose / Canby. That's what's a fact.

You don't know which allegations are true or false but you're certain of the facts?

Honestly, I could care less about all the cheating accusations. I don't think the guy is a saint by any means. But I think our fan base is so hypocritical that the dissonance needs to be called out.

What usually gets my attention are the trolls who claim he's not a good coach and is only a recruiter. Anybody got a time machine back to central NY in the 80's? Stewie Griffin?

Bravo. I'm just glad you're starting to clarify your agenda. Just a couple more posts, and you'll be spelling it out for us!

No, I'm just sick of the pot calling the kettle black. I think it makes us look petty and dumb.

Honestly, I could care less about all the cheating accusations. I don't think the guy is a saint by any means. But I think our fan base is so hypocritical that the dissonance needs to be called out.

What usually gets my attention are the trolls who claim he's not a good coach and is only a recruiter. Anybody got a time machine back to central NY in the 80's? Stewie Griffin?

Great points and my take as well. And anybody who thinks he's not one of the top 5 coaches in America knows essentially nothing about college hoops. He took UMass teams with marginal talent and consistently won year after year. Nobody other than Camby did anything in the pro ranks.

You don't know which allegations are true or false but you're certain of the facts?

I'm certain of the FACT that there was far more to the Umass and Memphis situations than just Canby / Rose.

I never claimed to imply which of those numerous other allegations were true or false, but there was a lot more to both situations [and a third, if you count some of the shadiness alleged at UK] than you let on.

Which is why I think that your spirited defense of Cal is flimsy.

Are you implying that Syracuse fans don't have the moral high ground here?

I'm certain of the FACT that there was far more to the Umass and Memphis situations than just Canby / Rose.

I didn't say which of those numerous other allegations were true or false. But there was a lot more to both situations [and a third, if you count some of the shadiness alleged at UK] than you let on.

Well all I can say is you know more facts than I do. Maybe some day you will clue me in on some of those facts.

Great points and my take as well. And anybody who thinks he's not one of the top 5 coaches in America knows essentially nothing about college hoops. He took UMass teams with marginal talent and consistently won year after year. Nobody other than Camby did anything in the pro ranks.
You still mad Richardson got POY?

Status
Not open for further replies.