Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

In reference to his choice to attend St. Joe (Met)
Have to admit. Although he ultimately chose Kentucky and not us, always thought Towns was a class act.

tee1222 said:
In reference to his choice to attend St. Joe (Met)
Have to admit. Although he ultimately chose Kentucky and not us, always thought Towns was a class act.

I agree, he seems well spoken. I like quite a few of the players that have decided to Kentucky. Can't fault them for making choice$ that are be$t for their familie$.

SKOWT has him at 24 and ESPN has him at 36 :blah:.

At least in this case its mainly because he missed so much time to injury and they just haven't seen much of him in quite a while.

Last edited:
I know everyone loves a good conspiracy, but he missed almost his entire Junior year right?

I know everyone loves a good conspiracy, but he missed almost his entire Junior year right?
Yes, indeed. And of Moyer or random Tucky guy? Not to mention, why now? ESPN knew this 6 months ago. I predicted it would happen, it happened. And believe me, that "call" didn't take much effort. I'm fairly lazy, but can see two feet in front of me when needed. ;)

Yes, indeed. And of Moyer or random Tucky guy? Not to mention, why now? ESPN knew this 6 months ago. I predicted it would happen, it happened. And believe me, that "call" didn't take much effort. I'm fairly lazy, but can see two feet in front of me when needed. ;)

Dunno. I thought the bulk of evalutions occur over the Summer during camps, etc though.

Dunno. I thought the bulk of evalutions occur over the Summer during camps, etc though.

I think you're right, I just struggle with the rationale. From all accounts Moyer played extremely well this summer against the top UA AAU Competion, then he dropped about 30 spots. I could understand if he struggled, but he didn't. Huerter went to Peach Jam, put in an average performance and jumped 40 spots.

I think you're right, I just struggle with the rationale. From all accounts Moyer played extremely well this summer against the top UA AAU Competion, then he dropped about 30 spots. I could understand if he struggled, but he didn't. Huerter went to Peach Jam, put in an average performance and jumped 40 spots.

Yeah on MM I got nothing :noidea:

Didn't Dennis Smith Jr. tore his ACL a few weeks ago. I guess that gave the "experts" enough time to evaluate him, but he didn't drop at all.

imo, Battle and Moyer are the realdeal.
I think they both have the outgoing leadership skills to be leaders early in their college career.
imo, They both will be ready to showcase and lead as freshmen or soph, obviously that is mcdonalds all american territory as well.
Add chuckwu what a class! :)

Right up there with Dion, Fair, Fab, and Keita.

Last edited:
Jake or anyone else who may have observed Tyus Battle at the Elite camp, can we get some type of write up about how he looked and played?! With so few videos out of him with injuries this last school year and summer, combined with some of the excitement and buzz on this board on how he looks... I need something solid to hold me over for a while!

That kid will destroy teams as a 2 or 3 but as a 1_I'm not sold . . . ..
He is a player and he is great with the ball in his hands, but a true pg, not sold. Regardless, I can't wait to see him in Orange, because he is the type of player that makes everyone else better.

tee1222 ! Will you bequeath me with my 1,000th like, so I can get my strut on like this?
haters-gonna-hate-1.gif

That kid will destroy teams as a 2 or 3 but as a 1_I'm not sold . . . ..
no biggie. have KJ or Moyer walk the ball up.
So Tyus was on campus for the elite camp, or just an informal visit? If he was at the elite camp, it'd be nice to hear how he looked. I'm hoping, if he was here, he fed Naz Reid at every opportunity.

I've never seen so much collective silence about an Elite camp. There's a short video, but it's hard to make out who the players are. Did anyone attend? I'll reach out to the PS I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom