Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

JB and Hop have been in touch, and Battle and his dad liked what they had to say.

200.gif

I like the momentum we seem to have with Battle's recruitment. I do wonder how & when his decision will happen; all reports are that he doesn't want this to drag on (and his father said his decision will be relatively soon). If that is the case, does our uncertain scholarship situation make Tyus wait a little longer for us?

jordoo: To that end, were the quotes in the article referenced above about waiting to see how things shake out this summer from the Battle camp? If so, I guess that means he's waiting on our situation clearing up? Before the sanctions came out, I was under the impression he'd be deciding within the next two months. Either way, we do seem to have Big Mo on our side (my dad always says that when watching a game with a change in momentum), despite the negative headlines. If he's putting off his decision until the smoke clears with us, I'd like to think that's a great sign, considering he'd be adjusting his time frame to accommodate us.

I have to think JB and Hop's pitch was that with our limited scholarship situation, "Tyus: you ARE our guy! We want you to be The Man for us." As so many others have said, we are trying to turn a negative into a positive by emphasizing increased playing time and just how special our scholarship offers are.

I like the momentum we seem to have with Battle's recruitment. I do wonder how & when his decision will happen; all reports are that he doesn't want this to drag on (and his father said his decision will be relatively soon). If that is the case, does our uncertain scholarship situation make Tyus wait a little longer for us?

jordoo: To that end, were the quotes in the article referenced above about waiting to see how things shake out this summer from the Battle camp? If so, I guess that means he's waiting on our situation clearing up? Before the sanctions came out, I was under the impression he'd be deciding within the next two months. Either way, we do seem to have Big Mo on our side (my dad always says that when watching a game with a change in momentum), despite the negative headlines. If he's putting off his decision until the smoke clears with us, I'd like to think that's a great sign, considering he'd be adjusting his time frame to accommodate us.

I have to think JB and Hop's pitch was that with our limited scholarship situation, "Tyus: you ARE our guy! We want you to be The Man for us." As so many others have said, we are trying to turn a negative into a positive by emphasizing increased playing time and just how special our scholarship offers are.

Pretty much my conclusions as well. Check your in box.

Tee and other NJ recruiting junkies: The Mary Kline Classic is Saturday, May 30th, in West Orange, NJ. Tyus is already pictured on the advert! Boom!

Great event...last year featured a ton of top talent. Nerlens Noel showed up just to watch...and a guy named Moustapha Diagne made an excellent college choice that very day.

EDIT: I forgot the most important thing: they raise a ton of money for cancer research.

Last edited:
Gary Battle's comments are very reassuring, on multiple levels.

It's very clear Gary and Tyus love us. In particular, I'm struck by Gary saying, "we like the (SU) brand," considering all the negative press. At this point, it would be crushing if he went to Duke (his other likely landing spot).

I'm loving our chances; a huge factor is our proximity to the Battle family. No other contenders offer that.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't see the JB retirement news posted anywhere else...and didn't expect to find it in the Battle thread! Guess this means we won't have to hear speculation about Hop moving on this offseason. Good news in the sense that everybody--coaches, players, fans--now knows what to expect now re: the coaching regime change.

RE: Battle, that's great stuff! Love all the things Pa Battle has to say about us, and I'm fighting back optimism that we've got the inside track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom