Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I was worried a bit about Battle this whole season and us kind of hitching our wagon to him alone at the guard spot in 2016 but since the NCAA report and the stuff from his Dad I couldn't be more confident. Looks like the staff knew what they were doing as usual and I was worried for no reason.

I was worried a bit about Battle this whole season and us kind of hitching our wagon to him alone at the guard spot in 2016 but since the NCAA report and the stuff from his Dad I couldn't be more confident. Looks like the staff knew what they were doing as usual and I was worried for no reason.
Yeah same here, i know a few of us were in the "let's not put all our eggs in the Battle basket" camp. I used to be in that camp, not anymore.

Battles first step off the ball is just amazing. It's like he glides 5 to 7 feet instantly. The kid is truly a gifted athlete. I sure hope we get him!

Battles first step off the ball is just amazing. It's like he glides 5 to 7 feet instantly. The kid is truly a gifted athlete. I sure hope we get him!

He's smooth, for sure. Your post made me go look at some video of him, since I hadn't done that in a while. One observation, and this will probably seem kind of ridiculous, is that the way he moves kind of reminds me of Jordan. Not saying his game, just strictly how he walks and moves. Part of it is that gliding quality he has, that you mention. But there's a weird pseudo-limp that Jordan sometimes had (not due to being hurt, just his natural movement), that Battle sort of has. And the clips of him walking backwards after a made basket are uncannily Jordan-like. Hey, if you're going to emulate a guy, Jordan's the one you want to emulate--especially for a 6'-5" combo guard. Here's a video that shows what I'm talking about. Anyone else see this, or am I nuts?

He's smooth, for sure. Your post made me go look at some video of him, since I hadn't done that in a while. One observation, and this will probably seem kind of ridiculous, is that the way he moves kind of reminds me of Jordan. Not saying his game, just strictly how he walks and moves. Part of it is that gliding quality he has, that you mention. But there's a weird pseudo-limp that Jordan sometimes had (not due to being hurt, just his natural movement), that Battle sort of has. And the clips of him walking backwards after a made basket are uncannily Jordan-like. Hey, if you're going to emulate a guy, Jordan's the one you want to emulate--especially for a 6'-5" combo guard. Here's a video that shows what I'm talking about. Anyone else see this, or am I nuts?

I see what you are talking about, completely. He does have the Jordan swagger walk going for him.

I'm just curious - I was perusing a Duke board, and in their recruiting thread, they barely mention Battle. Is that because they don't anticipate landing him, or is he not as high a priority for Duke as he is for us?

I'm just curious - I was perusing a Duke board, and in their recruiting thread, they barely mention Battle. Is that because they don't anticipate landing him, or is he not as high a priority for Duke as he is for us?

A little from column A, a little from column B?

I don't think I'm going out on a limb much when I express the belief that Battle would be the most talented recruit we've landed since #15 in 2002.

Doesn't JB's presser today contradict that he reportedly told Battle's dad that he would be there to coach his son? Now JB says he will coach next season and has no plans for beyond that, leaving it uncertain. If I were Battle, I wouldn't know what to think but I sure wouldn't want to get myself in a situation where I didn't know who would be the coach I'd be playing for. Maybe JB told the Battles to disregard his public statements, but who knows.

Doesn't JB's presser today contradict that he reportedly told Battle's dad that he would be there to coach his son? Now JB says he will coach next season and has no plans for beyond that, leaving it uncertain. If I were Battle, I wouldn't know what to think but I sure wouldn't want to get myself in a situation where I didn't know who would be the coach I'd be playing for. Maybe JB told the Battles to disregard his public statements, but who knows.

He said if he wasn't effective as a coach next year, which he will be.

Well with Johnson and Patterson both transferring that opens up a spot in 2016 and with Tyus looking to visit Syracuse soon looks like someone is about to commit:E

Well with Johnson and Patterson both transferring that opens up a spot in 2016 and with Tyus looking to visit Syracuse soon looks like someone is about to commit:E

He's visited on multiple occasions thus far.

He's visited on multiple occasions thus far.
Yep! But he is looking to visit again. If you have visited multiple times you don't just want to visit again especially since it is known he wants to wrap up his recruitment. And with the news today there is now room for him. I would be shocked if he isn't Orange by the time he leaves campus.

Yep! But he is looking to visit again. If you have visited multiple times you don't just want to visit again especially since it is known he wants to wrap up his recruitment. And with the news today there is now room for him. I would be shocked if he isn't Orange by the time he leaves campus.

Please little baby Jesus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom