Recruiting Updates | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Gmac has been tracking D. Jones all week fwiw.
always-be-closing-o.gif

Keep an eye on 2016 guard from Bishop Kearney, Quinton Rose. He played well at the Lawson/Oladipo Camp this week where Frank Howard played at as well. Red was checking him out and he's also an AAU teammate of Howard Washington on the Albany City Rock 16u squad.

Youre getting me to excited with talk of closing. I don't know if we can consider GMac a closer like Ricky Roma(Pacino), who was absent from that abusive meeting. At this point, he might be closer to the Lemmon character. ;) We need to see what he can do on tonight's sits. (one of the best monologues in movie history, especially for any of us who've had the misfortune to work in sales)

Youre getting me to excited with talk of closing. I don't know if we can consider GMac a closer like Ricky Roma(Pacino), who was absent from that abusive meeting. At this point, he might be closer to the Lemmon character. ;) We need to see what he can do on tonight's sits. (one of the best monologues in movie history, especially for any of us who've had the misfortune to work in sales)
Fantastic movie. For a birthday a few years back, my wife took me to the Broadway rendition. More humorous tip, not nearly as "dark" a comedy as the movie, but it was well worth it. Yeah, GMac is fairly new to the recruiting game but he'll always have that mystique. He's a living legend to me. This would be an amazing get for him and I still believe in D. Jones!

D Jones would be huge. I believe in our coaches and their ability to develop players. You get Jones, you get a diamond that just needs to be cut the right way.

I know it is very unlikely but I like to just like to stop think about the possibility of us bringing in both Bryant and Jones and having the best Syracuse recruiting class of all time, on paper of course.

D Jones would be huge. I believe in our coaches and their ability to develop players. You get Jones, you get a diamond that just needs to be cut the right way.
Style of play will be very important for him on the next level. He needs to be in the open floor to be effective. If he comes to SU and we're still playing slow half-court 55-54 games every night, then he'll mostly be a non-factor besides throwing down a tip-in slam occasionally like we saw with Grant.

Mike Hopkins is currently at the Basketbull event out in Springfield, Mass. To see Tyler Lydon, Tyus Battle, Howard Washington among others.
Battle decided to play with his HS team out in PA instead of his AAU team. So Hop definitely won't be watching him play this weekend.

Battle decided to play with his HS team out in PA instead of his AAU team. So Hop definitely won't be watching him play this weekend.

Any talk from Murray's camp if he wants to play 1 or 2? With Battle talking about the Thorton package deal and not mentioning Cuse as much, I'm wondering if a Murray and Washington backcourt might be better. This assuming Washington is strictly a pg, but maybe he is a combo I've never watched him. I Ty in advance for dropping the knowledge.

Any talk from Murray's camp if he wants to play 1 or 2? With Battle talking about the Thorton package deal and not mentioning Cuse as much, I'm wondering if a Murray and Washington backcourt might be better. This assuming Washington is strictly a pg, but maybe he is a combo I've never watched him. I Ty in advance for dropping the knowledge.
Murray has stated in interviews that he views himself as a combo, which I think anybody that has seen him play would agree with. I haven't seen Washington play yet, but from what I've heard is that he's kind of similar to Ennis. As far as being smart and mature on the court, but isn't the most fastest or athletic like Ennis but is a much better shooter with range. A Washington and Murray backcourt can definitely work together.

http://hoopniks.com/2014-lebron-james-skills-academy-friday-recap/
Some good stuff written here about Bryant and Diagne at the LeBron Camp. We need all the paint bullies we can get at SU.

Loved seeing the we were finally getting someone who wasn't soft in the paint!! VERY exciting to see that news, I miss the heck out of that. Can't wait to see Diagne do his thing against the ACC bigs.

And although I am not sure it means much, it was nice seeing Bryant mention 3 schools, with Syracuse being first out of his mouth. I'm getting excited about the little things right now.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/07/713-news-and-notes.html
Day five updates. According to reports, Diagne outplayed Ivan Rabb one on one yesterday at the LeBron Camp. Rabb is considered to be one of the top rated players overall in 2015, but Diagne is the one who saw his ranking drop 20-30 spots recently lol. Good job experts. SU coaches evalutions------------->Scout, Rivals, ESPN, Jerry.

Day five updates. According to reports, Diagne outplayed Ivan Rabb one on one yesterday at the LeBron Camp. Rabb is considered to be one of the top rated players overall in 2015, but Diagne is the one who saw his ranking drop 20-30 spots recently lol. Good job experts. SU coaches evalutions------------->Scout, Rivals, ESPN, Jerry.
I don't even flinch with those clowns anymore. :)
I just trust in the true experts.

Francis, have you heard anything on Andre Rafus 6-8 wing out of Bmore class of 2017 ? I think he plays on same team as Eggleston.

Btw, Espn Kentucky has Rabb #1 overall right now. Guess since Rabb has no room to climb, they'll just have to bump Diagne farther down. ;)
Seriously though, got to watch Rabb in international comps. When he's around the paint, active, rebounding the ball, he's a terror. Bodes really well for us and Moustapha that he can handle this guy.

Btw, Espn Kentucky has Rabb #1 overall right now. Guess since Rabb has no room to climb, they'll just have to bump Diagne farther down. ;)
Seriously though, got to watch Rabb in international comps. When he's around the paint, active, rebounding the ball, he's a terror. Bodes really well for us and Moustapha that he can handle this guy.
It's definitely a good sign for King Moustapha, to not just hold his own but outplay somebody the caliber of Rabb. I saw a few of Rabb's games this past HS season and he's no joke.

Francis, couple questions for ya, again (hope im not being to annoying). Regarding the potential Battle and Thorton package rumors, is this something the staff would be interested in taking on? Have we even offered Thorton?
And it might have been discussed before but how is D. Jones' work ethic? His elite athleticism is apparent but his skill set looks raw and he needs to mature physically to be a force in the ACC let alone the NBA. Do you know, or have you heard anything on him? Does he hit the weight room with any consistency/purpose? It seems that the staff here has a more hands off approach to the players physical development and that the players usually take on more of the responsibility to develop in the gym. So I always like the weight room warriors who like seeing the results of their labor. Much thanks in advance brother!