Recruiting Updates | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Well its also not impossible one of our current freshmen goes ballistic and turns into our next sophomore to jump to the league.

If somebody were to go nuts, smart money is on Roberson. Then again BJ has the size and athleticism, so he could go bonkers as well once he adjusts to the game and has his shooting confidence down ala Cooney this year.
Pretty far fetched to assume Roberson, BJ, Buss, or Chino will leave after next season.

MCW was the exception, not the rule.

Same to you man! That was a great day. Former Cuse player making ONE OF the greatest catches of all-time playing for our NYG en route to beating the Boston Pats.

Two things:
(1) It was THE greatest catch of all-time, considering the circumstances. Game winning drive, Super Bowl, undefeated Pats record, 3rd down...etc. etc.
(2) No such thing as a FORMER Cuse player...once an Orangeman, always an Orangeman! ;)

Pretty far fetched to assume Roberson, BJ, Buss, or Chino will leave after next season.

MCW was the exception, not the rule.

We were talking about this not long ago, we have over the last 5 years or so had some incredible sophomore jumps, some expected others not nearly as expected.

Since every year somebody has done it for so long, it's not like anybody around here would be shocked if it happened again.

Love the site as always, but the new wallpaper with Lydon/Malachi on the right is extra smooth.
tee - Copy (4).jpg

Hey Francis, do you think Battle and Murray could play together? Or I guess the bigger question is would they want to play together and would we take both? They both seem like combo types so I think they could fit in well surrounded by some shooters like Malachi and Lydon.

Hey Francis, do you think Battle and Murray could play together? Or I guess the bigger question is would they want to play together and would we take both? They both seem like combo types so I think they could fit in well surrounded by some shooters like Malachi and Lydon.
I don't see why they couldn't play together. Both handle the ball well and can create offense for others. I think the biggest concern is having the possible logjam at the guard position, which could make one or the other hesitant to come.

With Cooney, Patterson, Mike B, K Joseph, B Johnson, and possibly Ennis for another year no need for gaurd unless one locks in early.

I would think the NCAA would give Coleman an special exception on a medical redshirt, so he may be coming back as a Sophmore.

I would think the NCAA would give Coleman an special exception on a medical redshirt, so he may be coming back as a Sophmore.
Do you have any specific reason to believe this? Coleman doesn't qualify for a medical redshirt, so it would require some kind of unusual waiver which seems to be a bit of a long shot.

Is this some sort of prediction or insider???