This one's on the staff | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

This one's on the staff

But they did extend the zone out to attempt to stop the hot (50%) three point shooting. But the Center was able to feed players on the baseline when they did. There was plenty of adjustment going on, but none of it worked. UW is too good and was too hot shooting that night.

Think of this way. There's Boeheim and there's SoBeCuse, sitting in his den eating fritos and drinking Dr Pepper. Who do you think is the credible source on basketball strategy?

You have a right to be frustrated. A right to an opinion. But not a right to be taken seriously as a basketball strategist.
Dr. Pepper and Fritos is a delicious combination, if Boeheim doesn't agree I don't think he should coach this basketball team any longer.

Have you ever seen a martial arts demonstration, where at first, it seems pretty bad ass? But then you realize that as cool as it looks, the techniques only work if the demonstrator knows EXACTLY how the bad guy is going to attack him. We are the bad guy in a cheezy martial arts demonstration.

Have you ever seen a martial arts demonstration, where at first, it seems pretty bad ass? But then you realize that as cool as it looks, the techniques only work if the demonstrator knows EXACTLY how the bad guy is going to attack him. We are the bad guy in a cheezy martial arts demonstration.

Sweep the leg Tyus, sweep the leg

If the idea of sobecuse and boeheim talking zone defense over Fritos and Dr. Pepper doesn't put a smile on your face I'm not sure what will.

I'd rather it be an IPA and pork belly or something. That rube Townie had me pegged totally wrong. And for the record I want to talk offense, ha.

He's "in the jungle, baby."

NO ONE has said that. Not sure why he's clinging to that vine...

I step into a meeting and then go home and come back here this morning amazed that this conversation continued for five more pages. How come nobody said "Hey, Dasher, instead of trying to characterize this guy's take, why not just quote his words using the reply function?"?

Nobody said Boeheim's not a good coach. Most of the people involved in this argument can't even articulate what makes a good coach; I'd guess that 99% of the people on here have never sat through film with a D-I coach, have never seen a practice or tried to diagram a play. And then they're demanding lists of preferable coaches like they're taking an oath in a HUAC investigation, only to try to disparage all the coaches on those lists.

Boy, a couple losses and the orange-colored crowd goes more rabid than the allegedly anti-Boeheim bunch.

This is an all-time crazy thread on here. I feel like Krzyzewski last year...this is amazing.

And you're one of the site's whiners, self-styled experts and JB critics trying to get attention.

Do you keep a list to back up these accusations? Or are you just guessing?

I step into a meeting and then go home and come back here this morning amazed that this conversation continued for five more pages. How come nobody said "Hey, Dasher, instead of trying to characterize this guy's take, why not just quote his words using the reply function?"?

Nobody said Boeheim's not a good coach. Most of the people involved in this argument can't even articulate what makes a good coach; I'd guess that 99% of the people on here have never sat through film with a D-I coach, have never seen a practice or tried to diagram a play. And then they're demanding lists of preferable coaches like they're taking an oath in a HUAC investigation, only to try to disparage all the coaches on those lists.

Boy, a couple losses and the orange-colored crowd goes more rabid than the allegedly anti-Boeheim bunch.

This is an all-time crazy thread on here. I feel like Krzyzewski last year...this is amazing.

There was no orange colored glasses in this thread. Dasher and myself admit Boeheim is not the best coach in the history of basketball. I provided a list of coaches who may be better than Boeheim(K/maybe Izzo/Self/maybe Roy/etc). I told said poster to come up with a list outside those coaches and he repeated the list I made while adding guys like Mark Few, Randy Bennett, Archie Miller, Sean Miller and Jay Wright while making excuses for the coaches he added to his list for why they don't win as much as Boeheim.

I responded to those excuses by saying maybe those coaches teams shouldn't get high seeds in the tournaments if their advantages are not as equal to Syracuse. Said poster disappeared.

I didn't read pages 3-10 but my intentions were purely to criticize this single games coaching. Not to inspire posters to come out of the woodworks making comparisons to other coaches and demanding further/permanent/philosophical change.

But, alas, that's why I like this board. Never boring.

Last edited:
You are clearly the most obnoxious poster on this site. Do you act like this in real life? Do you get punched often?

I like conflict.

You apparently feel that having your opinions challenged is "obnoxious".

Are you this much of a wuss in real life? Do you get walked over frequently?

There was no orange colored glasses in this thread. Dasher and myself admit Boeheim is not the best coach in the history of basketball. I provided a list of coaches who may be better than Boeheim(K/maybe Izzo/Self/maybe Roy/etc). I told said poster to come up with a list outside those coaches and he repeated the list I made while adding guys like Mark Few, Randy Bennett, Archie Miller, Sean Miller and Jay Wright while making excuses for the coaches he added to his list for why they don't win as much as Boeheim.

I responded to those excuses by saying maybe those coaches teams shouldn't get high seeds in the tournaments if their advantages are not as equal to Syracuse. Said poster disappeared.

All due respect, you and he and I don't know whether those coaches are better. It's an argument none of us can win. But it's reasonable to see another coach's successful use of XYZ and recognize that Boeheim's different in that regard.

Anyway, I don't remember your post on that and wasn't thinking of you as part of the orange-colored glasses group.

I like conflict.

the-waterboy.gif

All due respect, you and he and I don't know whether those coaches are better. It's an argument none of us can win. But it's reasonable to see another coach's successful use of XYZ and recognize that Boeheim's different in that regard.

Anyway, I don't remember your post on that and wasn't thinking of you as part of the orange-colored glasses group.

It's a subjective argument, but if Boeheim isn't above criticism, either are those other coaches.

It's a subjective argument, but if Boeheim isn't above criticism, either are those other coaches.

I don't know if this point was made, but very few of us watch enough of other coaches to fully recognize their failings. I think we just tend to see the areas in which some are superior to Boeheim and don't notice how many things he does better than they do.

I like conflict.

Challenge all you like, but when you automatically discount opinions because they are stated by someone other than a HOF coach, you come across as a douchebag. To put it simply.

Challenge all you like, but when you automatically discount opinions because they are stated by someone other than a HOF coach, you come across as a douchebag. To put it simply.

Two points:
1. This is the first post in this thread.

"JB was out-coached and made no noticeable 2nd half adjustments."

You "Liked" this post. That pretty much identifies who you are and what you are, in my book.

The post is utter bullshxt that falls apart when challenged. Witness the backtracking that's gone on above with comments like, "I never said he was a bad coach".

2. To put it even more simply, you don't get to decide who the "douchebags" are here or anywhere. Insults are what you give when you are out of mental bandwidth, in my experience.

Two points:
1. This is the first post in this thread.

"JB was out-coached and made no noticeable 2nd half adjustments."

You "Liked" this post. That pretty much identifies who you are and what you are, in my book.

The post is utter bullshxt that falls apart when challenged. Witness the backtracking that's gone on above with comments like, "I never said he was a bad coach".

2. To put it even more simply, you don't get to decide who the "douchebags" are here or anywhere. Insults are what you give when you are out of mental bandwidth, in my experience.

He was out-coached. And there were no noticeable adjustments. Three point shooters still made shots and back door cuts were still wide open. You do realize that when JB has a bad game, and some of us comment on that, we aren't talking about his entire body of work, right? That is legitimate.

I didn't decide you were a . I just made a readily apparent observation. Even more simply put, that was a restatement of a well known fact.

Wow this thread has blown up. Guys its awfully early in the season to be shredding each other so hard. Back to back ugly games....no question about it....it's all on the players and the coaches...they all have to be their best each game. Seasons are long and full of ups and downs...we know things will get turned around and I for one am expecting a MUCH better performance in our next outing.

He was out-coached. And there were no noticeable adjustments. Three point shooters still made shots and back door cuts were still wide open. You do realize that when JB has a bad game, and some of us comment on that, we aren't talking about his entire body of work, right? That is legitimate.

I didn't decide you were a . . . . . . I just made a readily apparent observation. Even more simply put, that was a restatement of a well known fact.

There three point shooters continued to make shots even when the zone was extended. They shot 50% and one guy was 6 for 9. No defense can stop that. That was a good game for UW, not a bad job by JB.

You and your buddies are rank amateurs who get a little tickle from criticizing a professional. You have low thresholds of frustration and big appetites for making yourselves feel important through this kind of criticism.

Outside of K, Pitino, Cal, maybe Roy, maybe Self, and maybe Izzo it's really difficult to sell me on anyone else being a better coach than Boeheim.
so nobody under 50 in college basketball can coach and run a program at the same level as JB?

There three point shooters continued to make shots even when the zone was extended.
If by extended you mean they were completely confused, did nothing to disrupt passing lanes and routinely guarded nobody, then yes.

There three point shooters continued to make shots even when the zone was extended. They shot 50% and one guy was 6 for 9. No defense can stop that. That was a good game for UW, not a bad job by JB.

You and your buddies are rank amateurs who get a little tickle from criticizing a professional. You have low thresholds of frustration and big appetites for making yourselves feel important through this kind of criticism.

How much does JB pay you to monitor this site and take on big bad meanies like me and my "buddies?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom