We are really, really bad. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We are really, really bad.

His attacking the basket left him 0-6 from 2. All point guards deal with guys not executing.

Frank didn't pull a boneheaded move out one out of four plays this game, he was garbage this game and his attitude matched his play.

Yeah, your opinion isn't great so whatever. I love the attitude whine. What did you want him to do?

We have too many guys who are TOO STUPID to realize they actually can't shoot an NBA-range three ball. Howard set three different guys up and they failed to set themselves up in the right spot by taking one more f-ing dribble. Cooney was also spectacularly bad at recognizing which line is the college line and which one was NBA.

He's very frustrating. He will make 4 great passes in a row but then just pulls a complete boneheaded play out that makes you wonder what he was thinking. He had a bunch of great passes tonight that our guys simply failed to convert. But he refuses to pass to Lydon when he's in perfect post position.

I actually liked him attacking the basket. At some point those will fall. But that attempted dunk was stupid. Simple lay-in and the foul would have been much better.

Also, if you're a point guard at this level, you have to have a little bit of swagger and attitude and leadership. Be vocal. Lead the team. Guys like Sims, Hart, Scoop, MCW were always talking and motivating. Frank is like a deer in headlights all the time.

That's absurd. A shock collar set to stun however.
Thank you Toga... I really really needed that belly laugh... OMG... that was so funny! Thank you thank you!

I don't think you know what "horrible" means. Note: it doesn't mean disappointing.

When you're Syracuse, the definition of "horrible" is relative.

Also, if you're a point guard at this level, you have to have a little bit of swagger and attitude and leadership. Be vocal. Lead the team. Guys like Sims, Hart, Scoop, MCW were always talking and motivating. Frank is like a deer in headlights all the time.

I wouldn't say all the time, but I understand what you are saying. I don't get the mentality, but I'm more than willing to watch to see if I see what you see.

Then again, would you have the swagger if your coach went out and recruited another PG and everyone said Battle or Gillon were going to be taking all your minutes? I don't know why he's this way, but he's not the only problem. Lydon is a shell of the player he was last year.

Yeah, your opinion isn't great so whatever. I love the attitude whine. What did you want him to do?

We have too many guys who are TOO STUPID to realize they actually can't shoot an NBA-range three ball. Howard set three different guys up and they failed to set themselves up in the right spot by taking one more f-ing dribble. Cooney was also spectacularly bad at recognizing which line is the college line and which one was NBA.

Maybe we see something different, I've seen Howard many many many times look like a brat who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

I'm not going to sit here and blame 7 other guys to defend Howard's night. He was ZERO FOR NINE from the field, second most shots on the team, 4 assists and 3 turnovers.

He was awful.

The thing is, we see it all the time. Every player that commits to this team is a god. The worst thing that happened to Franklin Howard was Kaleb Joseph. All Frank did was go into the game to spell G and not trip over a banana peel and next thing you know he's better than MCW (yes, I read that).

Same with Lydon, Lydon is an excellent player, but he was a above average rotational player last year, that's it. He was maybe the 4th or 5th best player on the team last year?

Just wait until before next season when we hear about Moyer being the best.

I'll own that one.

Might be wrong. It's not looking great right now. Seriously, though, Boeheim's offense is so atrocious, it's hard to assess any of our players or compare them to guys from a different season. Every year it seems the offense can't get any worse. Every year it does. I wonder what a Jason Hart or a Carter-Williams would do in this offense. I fear it'd be terrible.

His vision. I never expected him to score double figures. His role will be to get the ball to others. He had 13 assists last game. Today he had some takes to the hoop but didn't finish. He's been sporadic like the entire team. This kid is tailor made to throw lobs baseline but we don't run any sets that screen for our forwards on the backside. Do I our coaches have white boards?

He was bad today - I'm just not sure what we offer up on offense of late. Our offense seems to be stand around, pass around the perimeter, shoot a three.

I don't know.

We get better movement when we screen, but Lydon has to hit shots. He seems best shooting from the top of the key, so maybe run that play into the ground? We don't, but maybe we should.....The pick and roll with him should be a weapon, but usually it's a pick from Coleman or Roberson. I don't know. We seem to run an offense designed to cause stagnation. :) We have to hit shots, we make too many mistakes not to. Blah.

Maybe we see something different, I've seen Howard many many many times look like a brat who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

I'm not going to sit here and blame 7 other guys to defend Howard's night. He was ZERO FOR NINE from the field, second most shots on the team, 4 assists and 3 turnovers.

He was awful.

And if he wasn't attacking the basket you'd attack him for that as well. He got fouled on 2 or 3 of those nine as far as I could tell without a call. The officiating is ridiculous this year.

He was bad today - I'm just not sure what we offer up on offense of late. Our offense seems to be stand around, pass around the perimeter, shoot a three.

I don't know.

We get better movement when we screen, but Lydon has to hit shots. He seems best shooting from the top of the key, so maybe run that play into the ground? We don't, but maybe we should...The pick and roll with him should be a weapon, but usually it's a pick from Coleman or Roberson. I don't know. We seem to run an offense designed to cause stagnation. :) We have to hit shots, we make too many mistakes not to. Blah.

Does Lydon know he can fake and dribble left as well? He's so predictable. And I absolutely think the extra poundage has cost him some hops.

We have guys who can penetrate (even if they don't finish) and we have a bunch of guys who can hit a three. Do you see where I'm going here?

carter williams I loved him but he was full speed to the rim double or not.
JB's offensive sets wasn't the reason we shot 25% today.

I would love to see lydon get a high screen and run the offense out of the high post some instead of the three point line, long distance to the rim from the three point line. Especially tonight even against m2m, our longer shots were rattling out.

49-36 in our last 85 regular season games since the most misleading 25-0 in history.

Obviously still 57% winning %. But basically the equivalent of going 10-7 over a 17 game stretch. Not great.

How many of those wins are against cupcakes?

49-36 in our last 85 regular season games since the most misleading 25-0 in history.

Obviously still 57% winning %. But basically the equivalent of going 10-7 over a 17 game stretch. Not great.

I didn't realize it was that bad. That's scary bad.

And if he wasn't attacking the basket you'd attack him for that as well. He got fouled on 2 or 3 of those nine as far as I could tell without a call. The officiating is ridiculous this year.

I absolutely would not attack him. He's awful at driving and out of control most of the time he attempts to. Those drives are turnovers that don't count against him in the box score as a turnover.

I'm honestly at a loss with this team. I don't know what JB can do to make it better.

None of the guys realized they could take a three pointer from the white line and not the blue line.

Gillon refuses to put his arms up on D, making him even shorter than his stature and the easiest guy in the world to pass or shoot over.

Lydon can't make jumpers and can't fake a shot and dribble left to switch things up once in a while.

Battle couldn't get by his guy tonight, which was really surprising to me.

No one can recognize when a post player is in the perfect position or when a big has a mismatch.

White can't stop himself from taking a bad shot when he decides before he receives the pass that he's going to shoot. He also doesn't follow his shot to get easy rebounds when he's short.

Howard can't decide if he's going at the backboard or the rim when he attacks the basket. So he gets stuck in nowhere land and fails. And is not good enough to draw the foul. And isn't smart enough to not attack when the lane is too packed.

JB can't figure out a rotation that can spread the floor sufficiently to open the lane up for drives and kicks.

Roby can't do anything on offense right. He needs to Costanza the next game and just do the opposite of what his instincts are telling him.

I feel like I could do this all night. And I haven't even started on defense...

Will we hear anything in the presser that it's anything but the players' fault?

I'd be curious to know what's transpired in practice since the USC debacle

carter williams I loved him but he was full speed to the rim double or not.
JB's offensive sets wasn't the reason we shot 25% today.

I would love to see lydon get a high screen and run the offense out of the high post some instead of the three point line, long distance to the rim from the three point line. Especially tonight even against m2m, our longer shots were rattling out.

MCW also loved that jump pass from under the basket to start the fast break for the other team.

I absolutely would not attack him. He's awful at driving and out of control most of the time he attempts to. Those drives are turnovers that don't count against him in the box score as a turnover.

Yes, you would. That's what you do.

JB runs a NBA style offense, a few cuts screens, it isn't changing whether we talk about it two games ago or today. And White battle can shoot off the dribble.

Lydon is a stretch four who's dribble from the three point line doesn't help. imo Really need dajuan to learn to run a screen and roll from just inside the three point line for Lydon.

Gillon could have won it for us today at the risk of being outshot down the stretch and losing by 8-10

Roberson may have cost us tonight with a awful layup no hustle back play, needs to take that to heart.

Yes, you would. That's what you do.

I think your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Because I don't want to give a handy to Franklin Howard before he proves himself to the hype that you and others pass along about him doesn't mean I'm attacking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom