“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremely selfish. If this is what he was plotting, tell the people who pay the money to support the program or use their leisure hours to watch that you don't care about the record. That way we can all save a lot of time and money.

He doesn't like the record we had this year but it was a pleasure coaching his sons. The poor record doesn't change that.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Didn't need to be a losing season

Coach ensured it was with his selfishness
People here are constantly on JB for assembling a team on which his sons played for the entire game and say the season would have been different if he had played different players.

My question is who on the roster are you going to get who would average 19.0 points a game as BB did? Looking at the players available to us, what would be your starting line - up that would have been better than the starters all year?

I do not see a player who could have been a better shooter than Boeheim.

Not for JB
Sure competitiveness in your mind may not change. But the things you need to do to compete and win, and the ability you have to do those things, can certainly change. I don’t care how good a shape you’re in. You’re not the same.

5 Jesse
4 Benny
3 Cole
2 Buddy
1 Symir
Subs
Frank 5
Jimmy 4
Buddy 3
Cole 2
Joe 1, 2

Buddy plays 5-10 less per game
Joe plays 10- 15 less per game
Jimmy plays 10- 15 less per game.

I had multiple family members today tell me that JB still has the right to go out when he wants. That’s bs.

Any leeway he had in that sense went out the window when he built a team around his two sons that ended with his first losing record.

He’s not bigger than the program and everyone involved deserves better than what we’re getting.
If he earned the right, he earned the right. You don’t get to say, “Oh wait, not like that!”

He built this program. He is Syracuse basketball. And you guys can’t sacrifice one season so he can coach his sons?

A lot of you sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. The sense of entitlement is absurd. JB doesn’t deserve to go out on his terms after all he’s done, yet somehow you deserve better?

Some of you are also Boston sports fans. Between Syracuse hoops, the Patriots, the Red Sox, the Celtics, and the Bruins, that’s not enough fortune and glory? How miserable are your lives? Clearly sports aren’t the antidote.

Same goes for New York, Philly, and LA fans. All those titles and you’re still bitter? I’ve seen St. Louis teams win the Super Bowl, the Stanley Cup, and multiple World Series. My life isn’t over because SU had one losing season.

Why are you so embarrassed? Could it be because you used to pound your chest in front of friends, family, coworkers, and random people on the street? And now the chickens have come home to roost? That’s on you, dudes. Be more humble next time.

We ran off Pasqualoni, myself included. The criticism was similar. He couldn’t find a quarterback. The option had grown stale. He was running the program into the ground. How’d that turn out? We all appreciate him now, don’t we? And Coach P doesn’t even hold a candle to JB.

I thought Chancellor Shaw was a jerk when he told all of us to get a life. Now I realize he was right. And he’d be saying the same thing to all of you right now.

5 Jesse
4 Benny
3 Cole
2 Buddy
1 Symir
Subs
Frank 5
Jimmy 4
Buddy 3
Cole 2
Joe 1, 2

Buddy plays 5-10 less per game
Joe plays 10- 15 less per game
Jimmy plays 10- 15 less per game.

Your starting lineup includes the 2 lowest BPM rated players on the team.

If he earned the right, he earned the right. You don’t get to say, “Oh wait, not like that!”

He built this program. He is Syracuse basketball. And you guys can’t sacrifice one season so he can coach his sons?

A lot of you sound like a bunch of spoiled brats. The sense of entitlement is absurd. JB doesn’t deserve to go out on his terms after all he’s done, yet somehow you deserve better?

Some of you are also Boston sports fans. Between Syracuse hoops, the Patriots, the Red Sox, the Celtics, and the Bruins, that’s not enough fortune and glory? How miserable are your lives? Clearly sports aren’t the antidote.

Same goes for New York, Philly, and LA fans. All those titles and you’re still bitter? I’ve seen St. Louis teams win the Super Bowl, the Stanley Cup, and multiple World Series. My life isn’t over because SU had one losing season.

Why are you so embarrassed? Could it be because you used to pound your chest in front of friends, family, coworkers, and random people on the street? And now the chickens have come home to roost? That’s on you, dudes. Be more humble next time.

We ran off Pasqualoni, myself included. The criticism was similar. He couldn’t find a quarterback. The option had grown stale. He was running the program into the ground. How’d that turn out? We all appreciate him now, don’t we? And Coach P doesn’t even hold a candle to JB.

I thought Chancellor Shaw was a jerk when he told all of us to get a life. Now I realize he was right. And he’d be saying the same thing to all of you right now.
It might be because they spend a lot of money to go to the games and support the program. It's probably a lot easier to sacrifice a season in Missouri.

It might be because they spend a lot of money to go to the games and support the program. It's probably a lot easier to sacrifice a season in Missouri.
Some of the season ticket holders are the most rational people on here.

If that’s the issue, though, don’t spend the money.

Speaking of Missouri, that’s a program that’s really struggling. Those fans would gladly trade places with us, even now.

Your starting lineup includes the 2 lowest BPM rated players on the team.
Oh please. What did the BPM show for the last 3 minutes of each game we blew. A team has to be built around a PG. So lets start with someone who can handle the ball, initiate the O, and play some D. Id also like a starting forward who has length and the athleticism to play above the rim, contest shots and rebound.
Joe and Jimmy would play a significant role but i wouldn't start either one of them.

I think people do forget that we were pretty good before JB took over. It wasn't like we were LeMoyne. We had gone to the final four, beating UNC to get there, just two years before he became coach. Now, did we make a big jump? Sure. But the Dome and the Big East had a lot to do with it as well.

Oh please. What did the BPM show for the last 3 minutes of each game we blew. A team has to be built around a PG. So lets start with someone who can handle the ball, initiate the O, and play some D. Id also like a starting forward who has length and the athleticism to play above the rim, contest shots and rebound.
Joe and Jimmy would play a significant role but i wouldn't start either one of them.
Benny couldn't play at all for most of the year. We can pretend that all he needed was a lot more run, but that wouldn't be true. We needed an athletic forward, no question. But benny hasn't shown that he is that guy yet. That is why regardless of what Cole does, JB is making a big mistake to put all of out eggs in Benny's basket if he doesn't get us a good forward in the portal.

Seemed like the general consensus pre-season, by the media and our own staff, is that we’d be pretty good. Not a title contender, but a solid tournament team.

Basically, it was a big miss by everyone. Our returning guys didn’t make a leap, aside from Jesse. Our new guys generally disappointed relative to expectations. We had guys with deficiencies playing too many minutes that exposed them.

We need a major infusion of talent. Not sure we’re getting it though.
It wasn't a big miss by me.

It's amazing people still think this is about one season

Benny couldn't play at all for most of the year. We can pretend that all he needed was a lot more run, but that wouldn't be true. We needed an athletic forward, no question. But benny hasn't shown that he is that guy yet. That is why regardless of what Cole does, JB is making a big mistake to put all of out eggs in Benny's basket if he doesn't get us a good forward in the portal.
I agree about needing another forward. I dont about Benny this year. I believe he was completely mishandled by Jim. We will never know but i feel strongly that if he had been provided with a solid 10-15 minutes a game for the entire non conference schedule and been told to play hard, not worry about coming out that he would have had a much better year. Obviously we will never know.

Sy has a higher turnover rate than Joe and is the highest on the team. Sy also has lower DBPM than Joe. Benny has the worst BPM on the team.

People here are constantly on JB for assembling a team on which his sons played for the entire game and say the season would have been different if he had played different players.

My question is who on the roster are you going to get who would average 19.0 points a game as BB did? Looking at the players available to us, what would be your starting line - up that would have been better than the starters all year?

I do not see a player who could have been a better shooter than Boeheim.

I believe with the roster we had, this was probably a losing/.500 team no matter what we did. Felt that way to me once we signed on Symir and closed up shop for another guard

I wish we got Benny more experience but is what it is. I get why he played Jimmy though.

I agree about needing another forward. I dont about Benny this year. I believe he was completely mishandled by Jim. We will never know but i feel strongly that if he had been provided with a solid 10-15 minutes a game for the entire non conference schedule and been told to play hard, not worry about coming out that he would have had a much better year. Obviously we will never know.

Benny played 14.5 mpg during the non conference games so he met your 10-15 requirement.

I thought the record he was referring to was the winning season streak.

That’s how I took it also.

No one wants to win more than JB.

Last edited:
Didn’t read the whole thread. But for those who feel like the guy who built this program screwed you I suppose you are 100% right. He gave 46 years and took one for himself. I want to make you feel better but I can’t. Deal with it. Don’t like it get into coaching.

Sy has a higher turnover rate than Joe and is the highest on the team. Sy also has lower DBPM than Joe. Benny has the worst BPM on the team.
Bees. Open your eyes. Symir is a PG. Joe is a streak shooter.
Benny we will never know how he would have turned out if he had been handled differently. What we do know is that regardless of Joe and Jimmy's superior statistics we have a losing record. We also know we haven't won a game since Sy was injured.

Seemed like the general consensus pre-season, by the media and our own staff, is that we’d be pretty good. Not a title contender, but a solid tournament team.

Basically, it was a big miss by everyone. Our returning guys didn’t make a leap, aside from Jesse. Our new guys generally disappointed relative to expectations. We had guys with deficiencies playing too many minutes that exposed them.

We need a major infusion of talent. Not sure we’re getting it though.
Umm? It wasn’t a miss from everyone. Many, many from this site new it wasn’t going to be good. I personally thought we would miss the tournament. But I didn’t think it would be this bad. It was THAT BAD!!!!

Didn’t read the whole thread. But for those who feel like the guy who built this program screwed you I suppose you are 100% right. He gave 46 years and took one for himself. I want to make you feel better but I can’t. Deal with it. Don’t like it get into coaching.
Ya, instead it’s actually 8 years, not just one. If you can’t comprehend that the program has fallen that far, that is on you. This is NOT a 1 year thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom