“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

“I don’t care about the record…” - Jim Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mintz, Joe, Cole , Jesse and a good portal forward could get us to a pretty good season. I am not happy to hear that Jimmy won't go the portal route for a forward if Cole stays. Why? Is there some rule about having 3 forwards?
Completely with you on this, Dash. We need to use the portal.

Regardless, as Harry Truman said, " The buck stops here". JB is the head man here so he is responsible.

favoring my kids is fair play at any family owned enterprise. Boeheim don't own syracuse.
His sons are pretty good. If Girard were a boeheim, I'd agree with you. Daddy ball sucks, I know all about that, but I don't think it was that bad. Girard has always been the problem to me

His sons are pretty good. If Girard were a boeheim, I'd agree with you. Daddy ball sucks, I know all about that, but I don't think it was that bad. Girard has always been the problem to me
They’re both horrible at defense. Always have been. Neither were good enough on O to overcome their deficiencies on the other end. No chance any other player gets away with that. Except Joe apparently

Last edited:
Miami
Miami
Georgetown
Virginia
Wake
UNC
Florida State

Then we had the Colgate and Pitt debacles. That was the season.

Virginia Tech and Notre Dame were winnable games had we had Edwards as well.
I never thought we had a chance to win vs. Virginia. It seems we were down the whole game and constantly playing from behind. But you're right about the rest.

Without hearing the tone or what preceded it, I can’t fully believe it to be as bad as it sounds. Right?

If it is that bad, and caring more about coaching his sons over putting the best team out there, then why on earth is he returning next year?

Of course he enjoyed coaching his sons and he’s proud of them. Who wouldn’t?

I think it’s a terrible quote. But he built the fanbase so I get he gets to tear it down if he wants.

Of course he enjoyed coaching his sons and he’s proud of them. Who wouldn’t?

I think it’s a terrible quote. But he built the fanbase so I get he gets to tear it down if he wants.
That’s an oversimplification and not true. He gets to tear it down? If that is the case then why is there even an athletic director or University president?

Without hearing the tone or what preceded it, I can’t fully believe it to be as bad as it sounds. Right?

If it is that bad, and caring more about coaching his sons over putting the best team out there, then why on earth is he returning next year?

He should have said regardless of the record instead of I don’t care about the record. Wasn’t hard to know what he meant. People that think he doesn’t care about winning or losing are whack.

He should have said regardless of the record instead of I don’t care about the record. Wasn’t hard to know what he meant. People that think he doesn’t care about winning or losing are whack.

Part of why it’s a terrible quote. But he really doesn’t care what he says.

There is so much to complain about these last few seasons, but I really don’t think these comments are it. He got to coach his boys. On the court with his name on it. He’s proud of it, as he should be.

As painful as this season is, JB has delivered more memories to this fan base than any other coach likely will in our program or any other program. I’m not defending the results and not defending the lack of Top 25 rankings (or finishes). And I’m definitely not using the tournament performance strawman (or what IMO is a straw man) because the regular season matters as well. League performance matters. But this guy brought a lot to I assume all of our lives and whatever frustrations I have about this program (and they are many and I think changes should have already been made), I’m not adding this to the list.

This was a guy who was proud of coaching his kids in something he has literally dedicated his life to. I’m good with that.

(And for those of you twisting this into “JB doesn’t want to win or isn’t competitive”…you’re just wrong. He’s not a very nice guy BECAUSE of how much he wants to win.)

IMO…everything else is and should be in the table (recruiting, adjustments, player treatment, media treatment, the zone)…but this? Not so much.

44cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors