2013 recruiting class | Syracusefan.com

2013 recruiting class

OrangeBear

Walk On
I am new to Cuse basketball. Is it just me or does it see like after a season where the Orange only lost 3 games, it sure seems like Cuse is striking out on almost every elite recruit. It seems like all the players except Ennis is at best a role player. This class does not seem like it will sniff the top 25. What is going on??

do you think were going to get one and dones at every position? we actually develop players here and need the role players for depth. i do agree that we havent landed our big forward fish...yet, but this will end up being a very important class in the long run

Chill! Ennis is the PG the staff wanted. Obokoh was the big that the staff wanted. Johnson was the wing that the staff wanted. Yes Patterson was not as saught after as Jordan but he is a very good player and it means that the staff feels that between Patterson, MikeG and Cooney they can effectively back up Ennis at the point if MCW is gone.

Plus we will add a stud forward and have a top 5 overall class in the spring.

I am new to Cuse basketball. Is it just me or does it see like after a season where the Orange only lost 3 games, it sure seems like Cuse is striking out on almost every elite recruit. It seems like all the players except Ennis is at best a role player. This class does not seem like it will sniff the top 25. What is going on??
Every player on the 2010 team except Wes were role players. I believe with the exception of Ennis, the stars are going to be in the next 2 classes ( McCollough, Whitehead and Briscoe, and maybe Johnson. )

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You need to do some research then.

The "elite recruits" we have struck out on were leans to other schools and pipe dreams to come here (Selden, Young, etc.) Patterson was a kid who committed to Indiana last year, definitely not a "role player". We have two high upside guys in BJJ and Okoboh. Ennis is going to be a star. We're going to get one of Roberson, Vonleh.

2014 will most likely feature McCullough, Whitehead, and Dakari Johnson. That's a top 5 class.
2015 will most likely feature Briscoe and Bryant. Those two are top 50 players.

Who cares what the class is ranked on Rivals/Scout/ESPN?

No, I wouldn't expect a team full of five stars but most of these guys are not even in the top 100! If a few guys from this year head to the NBA, Cuse might not even have a team good enough to make the tournament in 2014.

No, I wouldn't expect a team full of five stars but most of these guys are not even in the top 100! If a few guys from this year head to the NBA, Cuse might not even have a team good enough to make the tournament in 2014.
Top 100 ranked by a bunch of people on a website. Far more important what Boeheim and Hop think than someone on rivals.

Did you come over here from the Syracuse.com stuffhole?

You need to do some research then.

The "elite recruits" we have struck out on were leans to other schools and pipe dreams to come here (Selden, Young, etc.) Patterson was a kid who committed to Indiana last year, definitely not a "role player". We have two high upside guys in BJJ and Okoboh. Ennis is going to be a star. We're going to get one of Roberson, Vonleh.

2014 will most likely feature McCullough, Whitehead, and Dakari Johnson. That's a top 5 class.
2015 will most likely feature Briscoe and Bryant. Those two are top 50 players.

Who cares what the class is ranked on Rivals/Scout/ESPN?

I agree that 2014 looks to be very promising.

I think Jimmy heavily recruits for chemistry, he goes after some of the top talent, but ultimately I think he goes for players that will stick around for 3-4 years. To me he values chemistry over the one and done, and that's just the way I see it.

Top 100 ranked by a bunch of people on a website. Far more important what Boeheim and Hop think than someone on rivals.

Did you come over here from the Syracuse.com stuffhole?

These players might be decent but it seems like other than Ennis, they are more like option C and D.

LMAO!

14 and 15 will be stacked classes. Johnson is and up and commer and young for his age. Obokoh will be here for 4 years and be a very valuable big like Keita except with better upside. Ennis will be a stud PG. Patterson is a talented player. These guys will be playing with Grant, Cooney, MikeG and probably one of Coleman or Christmas in 2014 along with our 14 freshman. Not good enough to make the torney? Seriously we are a top 5 program on a roll.

LMAO!

14 and 15 will be stacked classes. Johnson is and up and commer and young for his age. Obokoh will be here for 4 years and be a very valuable big like Keita except with better upside. Ennis will be a stud PG. Patterson is a talented player. These guys will be playing with Grant, Cooney, MikeG and probably one of Coleman or Christmas in 2014 along with our 14 freshman. Not good enough to make the torney? Seriously we are a top 5 program on a roll.

They wouldn't have the 2014 recruits in the 2014 tournament. Let's assume MCW and Rak are gone. You think the rest of the guys on this team plus the 2013 recruits are good enough to make the tournament in 2014? The 2013 recruits have "potential" but they are rated very low for a reason so you can't assume they are going to be really good.

They wouldn't have the 2014 recruits in the 2014 tournament. Let's assume MCW and Rak are gone. You think the rest of the guys on this team plus the 2013 recruits are good enough to make the tournament in 2014? The 2013 recruits have "potential" but they are rated very low for a reason so you can't assume they are going to be really good.

Yes because they will also have Vonleh, Roberon, Lawrence or Wiggins. But even without 32 at large teams make the tourney every year and ther is no way there will be close to 32 better recruiting classes for 2013.

A team starting Ennis, Cooney, Fair, DC, and Grant... yes they'd at worst be a tourny team.

we will be alright babybear

I'd say MCW and Rak have "potential," still, as well. Why assume they are a lock to get SU to the Final 4 this year, and not this years' recruits later on down the line? SU has a rich history of players not ranked Top 50 (HAK) who shined.

Also, the recruiting services are not completely aligned. One player can be ranked #21 on one site, but #57, #94, etc. elsewhere. Even a player ranked "only" #500 is still elite, considering there are, what, hundreds of thousands of high school senior basketball players every year?

And like others have mentioned, coaches recruit using their experience in seeing/developing potential, and their particular needs.

lolwut?

I'd say MCW and Rak have "potential," still, as well. Why assume they are a lock to get SU to the Final 4 this year, and not this years' recruits later on down the line? SU has a rich history of players not ranked Top 50 (HAK) who shined.

Also, the recruiting services are not completely aligned. One player can be ranked #21 on one site, but #57, #94, etc. elsewhere. Even a player ranked "only" #500 is still elite, considering there are, what, hundreds of thousands of high school senior basketball players every year?

And like others have mentioned, coaches recruit using their experience in seeing/developing potential, and their particular needs.

Yeah buy MCW and Rak were Mcd AA's. It's fair to expect them to be very good.

So you've got 13 ships and you're trying to be the best team you can be. Some of those ships go to elite talents, if you can get them. Some of those ships go to reaches that you think might be able to become something special. Some of those ships go to guys that fit what you do really, really well and provide balance and depth on the roster.

Our coaches are good at identifying and signing all three of those types of players. They have some basketball roster algorithm or something that makes the machine hum.

I don't really worry about it because Coach Boeheim has had seasons with much leaner talent and still produced winners.

These players might be decent but it seems like other than Ennis, they are more like option C and D.
obamalolz.png

Would you believe this exact thread was written a few years ago with those lamenting the loss of Wroten, Lamb, while we had to settle for Plan C in MCW?

Francis: please give us your assessment of the class so far, including Patterson and how the pieces will fit together in your expert opinion.

Would you believe this exact thread was written a few years ago with those lamenting the loss of Wroten, Lamb, while we had to settle for Plan C in MCW?

I don't think I would ever be disappointed in getting ANY Mcd AA.

I don't think I would ever be disappointed in getting ANY Mcd AA.
Julius Hodge and Hakim Warrick. If the internet had been around then, Boo Harvey and Sherman Douglas.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom