2017 Yankees Thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Terrible job by Girardi was clear he didn't have it when he loaded the bases. Mitchell's never been the same since that toe injury. Luckily Betances is on tonight

as of 12:25 no fake injury for Chapman yet. Assuming he's not on the DL before tonight how would he be used this weekend? If Giradi brings Chapman in to close the next three days Joe should be fired on the spot. I don't care how much Chapman makes, he's a train wreck vs. Boston.

as of 12:25 no fake injury for Chapman yet. Assuming he's not on the DL before tonight how would he be used this weekend? If Giradi brings Chapman in to close the next three days Joe should be fired on the spot. I don't care how much Chapman makes, he's a train wreck vs. Boston.

Betances is unavailable tonight. Monty is starting.

If we're down by 5 runs in the 1st, Chapman probably gets another day off.

Yankeeography: Brian Mitchell will NOT be seen following tonight's game. Or ever for that matter. :mad:

I don't often feel bad for players. They're living the dream, and in many cases are making insane amounts of $.

But looking at Mitchell in that dugout last night, I genuinely felt bad for him. He just looked completely crushed. Credit to him to not just run into the clubhouse and pout about it.

I don't often feel bad for players. They're living the dream, and in many cases are making insane amounts of $.

But looking at Mitchell in that dugout last night, I genuinely felt bad for him. He just looked completely crushed. Credit to him to not just run into the clubhouse and pout about it.
I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown right in the dugout. Thought we'd be seeing him cry.

It would be like the last Sopranos, everything just going black...

But we wouldn't be in the dark.

Even as I sat there watching the whole thing, I did a double take...wait, were they all his runs?? Or did he come in with 2 on??

Nope...oh wow...

I thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown right in the dugout. Thought we'd be seeing him cry.

It would be like the last Sopranos, everything just going black...

But we wouldn't be in the dark.

Even as I sat there watching the whole thing, I did a double take...wait, were they all his runs?? Or did he come in with 2 on??

Nope...oh wow...

Frustrating as it can seem sometimes that they can't avoid bringing in a closer in games like that, I think it worked out best. Betances comes in and only throws 11 pitches. His confidence is sky high right now. Yanks need that this weekend, knowing it has to be a no Chapman weekend. Not at Fenway, even if his leg feels great.

Frustrating as it can seem sometimes that they can't avoid bringing in a closer in games like that, I think it worked out best. Betances comes in and only throws 11 pitches. His confidence is sky high right now. Yanks need that this weekend, knowing it has to be a no Chapman weekend. Not at Fenway, even if his leg feels great.
Looks like tonight's game could be a no go, but that means we get 2 tomorrow.

Need to get 80s Frasier Crane talking to Chapman, convince him the 6th is a great inning.

There aren't going to play tonight most likely but the Red Sox call the ball on the rainout.
They don't have an off day till September I doubt they will call this game early tonight.
If they do then they will have a pitcher throwing on short rest next week.
Yankees own the Mets so bad it's not right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom