Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

It was a foregone conclusion, but I'm very happy to have Buddy on board. First and foremost, I think he's good enough, and has a beautiful shooting stroke. But equally as important is that it should give other recruits the confidence that JB is here for at least 4 more years. Now get Carey to commit this visit and I'll say what a week for 'Cuse hoops.!!! Welcome aboard Buddy! Let's go Orange!!!!!

It was a foregone conclusion, but I'm very happy to have Buddy on board. First and foremost, I think he's good enough, and has a beautiful shooting stroke. But equally as important is that it should give other recruits the confidence that JB is here for at least 4 more years. Now get Carey to commit this visit and I'll say what a week for 'Cuse hoops.!!! Welcome aboard Buddy! Let's go Orange!!!!!

Not sure about the JB part and how it plays into recruiting but I'm happy to have him. I think he is definitely good enough and looking forward to it.

Not sure about the JB part and how it plays into recruiting but I'm happy to have him. I think he is definitely good enough and looking forward to it.

How it plays into recruiting? We have a potential top 5 player already in same class.

Do you really think he'd retire with Buddy on the team?

I don't know and I don't care. I just meant that we don't know how this plays out in terms of having the other potential recruits' "confidence."

I don't know and I don't care. I just meant that we don't know how this plays out in terms of having the other potential recruits' "confidence."
Great point, I would guess that most SG from 2019-21 has to give thought to considering SU. That being said, having Buddy as a walk-on is a great addition.

Great point, I would guess that most SG from 2019-21 has to give thought to considering SU. That being said, having Buddy as a walk-on is a great addition.

No question re: Buddy. He's going to be very good, I think. I meant more regarding JB. The poster was assuming that all these kids just are going to come up to Syracuse in droves to play for Boeheim all of a sudden. We don't know that.

Okay, I see your point, my post was just that if you're a shooting guard why would you even consider Syracuse when the coach's son plays your position until 2022? I've seen Buddy play quite a bit and agree that he can become very good but he could level off as well.

upload_2017-9-8_23-8-33.png

To be honest we have Buddy, Hughes and HW who can shoot and play a little 2. If we land JC who is a combo as well I'm not too worried in the short term. What we need is a 3 that can shoot. Then we have Hughes to spell the 3 and 2 with HW, JC and Buddy.

No question re: Buddy. He's going to be very good, I think. I meant more regarding JB. The poster was assuming that all these kids just are going to come up to Syracuse in droves to play for Boeheim all of a sudden. We don't know that.

How did you possibly get "the poster was assuming that all these kids just are going to come up to Syracuse in droves to play for Boeheim all of a sudden" out of the statement "it should give other recruits the confidence that JB is here for at least 4 more years"? That seems like a fairly large leap.

Is that tweet for real?

Sorry if it alarmed anybody. It was an over the top fake tweet made solely to poke fun of the NCAA.

I was going to do the fake tweet under gottlieb as a way to mock him, but on at least one occasion in the past my over the top mocking fake tweet was amazingly outdone by Gottlieb's actual tweet.

Sorry if it alarmed anybody. It was an over the top fake tweet made solely to poke fun of the NCAA.

I was going to do the fake tweet under gottlieb as a way to mock him, but on at least one occasion in the past my over the top mocking fake tweet was amazingly outdone by Gottlieb's actual tweet.

Im interested. Please share more!!

I had mentioned something similar about Buddy's commitment tying Jim to the program for as long as Buddy is there. I can't imagine there aren't some coaches who have tried to put one over on kids/parents by saying that SU's coaching situation is uncertain because JB could retire at a moment's notice (regardless of the reason). I can't know how prevalent it's been, but I *imagine* it's been out there, so the bottom line is that it appears to be off the table for at least a few years with Buddy's commitment.

Genetics are such a fascinating thing... I find it interesting that when you mix Jim with Julie, you get something that resembles Tom Brady. or Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers. And go back and watch Hoosiers btw.. Buddy shot looks identical to Jimmy Chitwoods! Strange things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom