2019 Coaching Carousel | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

According to that site newberry coaches safeties and Norwood coaches corners.

If one of them also coached DL I’d say bingo. Not sure now.

Not sure about the relevance of the DL posting. According to Navy's website they have two DL coaches. One for DEs and one for DTs

Off the top of my head, he brought in Estime and Ishmael, 2 of our best receivers in recent years.

I love both of those guys but at other schools they possibly wouldn’t have been starters.

But you’ve actually made my point. Bringing in 2 guys that were not considered “special” coming out of HS doesn’t make you a great recruiter.

So the Navy DC opening may be from last offseason. It's Newberry's 1st year there.
Maybe. Maybe not. I do know I didn't see the DC job opening when I looked through the posts this morning.

So didn't Navy have CO D Coordinators? Wonder if we got both guys and they are posting for 1 to fill or did we snag 1 of the 2 and it's a backfill for them.

So didn't Navy have CO D Coordinators? Wonder if we got both guys and they are posting for 1 to fill or did we snag 1 of the 2 and it's a backfill for them.

Newberry is really the DC and Norwood is the Co. I think Newberry would be a great hire but wouldn’t be enthusiastic about Norwood being the HC or sharing DC with Stanard. I don’t think we’re getting Newberry though b/c Norwood and Babers have connections from the past. I doubt we get both but I think that would be a good tandem.

After further purusing of that site I would say it isn't particularly up to date so... nevermind.

I love both of those guys but at other schools they possibly wouldn’t have been starters.

But you’ve actually made my point. Bringing in 2 guys that were not considered “special” coming out of HS doesn’t make you a great recruiter.

Im not arguing mcF b/c he did suck as a recruiter but Ish was highly regarded. Two time All Dade and I believe All-State, offers from Miami, cup of coffee in the NFL, not sure what more we’d want.

After watching that wku western Michigan game im actually more intrigued honestly.. they played hard and most of the time were in the right spots. They were 3-9 last year hired a new coach and quickly turned around to a 9-4 record. Wku is a far harder job to bring success to then navy .. im starting to drink the kool aid

Is it harder? You can get 11 guys off the street and compete in CUSA. Navy is athletically inferior football wise vs 3/4 of their conference.

Im not arguing mcF b/c he did suck as a recruiter but Ish was highly regarded. Two time All Dade and I believe All-State, offers from Miami, cup of coffee in the NFL, not sure what more we’d want.

You missed my overall point. He wasn’t the elite recruiter people thought he would be, myself included. So Ish was highly regarded, he also only officially visited Louisville, Cincinnati, and Illinois. It’s not like he was being heavily pursued by Penn state or ND. We get players like that every year. I’m not discounting who Ish was, he was a great get but even if we say he was a 3 star who should have been a 5 star. It’s one player. Doesn’t make him some big time recruiting guru

I didn't say he was special, I said he was one of our better recruiters. No one's coming in here and bringing in a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits.
Ish and Estime were very good college players. Would say Ish was our best receiver since Mike Williams and produced from day 1. Estime was also a fantastic returner. Guessing he also brought in a few others.

I didn't say he was special, I said he was one of our better recruiters. No one's coming in here and bringing in a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits.
Ish and Estime were very good college players. Would say Ish was our best receiver since Mike Williams and produced from day 1. Estime was also a fantastic returner. Guessing he also brought in a few others.

Being the best recruiter on a staff that didn’t recruit that well isn’t saying a lot. Elite recruiters bring in 4 star talent, at SU that would at least be once in awhile. He brought in some pretty good players. So has every staff in the last 50 yrs. He didn’t recruit that well when he was here. The staff we have now routinely brings in the caliber of player mcfunkit got a few times a year. Remember we’re also talking about players that ended up playing, not highly rated players no other schools would touch b/c there were “issues”.

Al Golden is available. Sorry to see old friend Chris White let go.

You missed my overall point. He wasn’t the elite recruiter people thought he would be, myself included. So Ish was highly regarded, he also only officially visited Louisville, Cincinnati, and Illinois. It’s not like he was being heavily pursued by Penn state or ND. We get players like that every year. I’m not discounting who Ish was, he was a great get but even if we say he was a 3 star who should have been a 5 star. It’s one player. Doesn’t make him some big time recruiting guru
True they look good rn against kansas state

The Baylor job looks like it will be open soon. Cue the Dino to Baylor people... ;)

I would think with Navy having completed a very successful season (congrats midshipmen), that we fans here should see pretty quickly if any of the board guesses related to the Navy DC coming to Cuse come true or not. We are in the new year (by the way Happy New Year fellow Syracusefan members) and I would expect Dino is ready to get staff changes buttoned up. Good times ahead. Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom