2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

From the same guy (FWIW, he was pretty dead on about trade deadline deals, so he has at least A source in the organization):

I think Peraza is going to be an all-star, but like you posted, with Seagar at SS and Olson at 1B, you don't need a lot of prospects for those positions, and frankly the Yankees aren't in the business of relying on their prospects to pan out.
"likely outfielder" - Frazier? Hicks+cash? Wells is good with the bat but Sanchez-like behind the plate from what I've read. I think the Yankees may have been projecting him as an OF or 1st Base.

Peraza Wells and Garcia is a lot to give up but obviously Olson was going to take a lot to break free from Oakland despite the desire to move him. Hope this works out better then the Sonny Gray debacle

Hope this works out better then the Sonny Gray debacle
That trade was thought to be a steep, but fair price in prospects but two never panned out. The third is a 27 yo starter whose one season with the As was worth the same bWAR as Sonny Gray had with the Yankees (1.3). Kap will probably be a decent cost-controlled starter for them the next few seasons and then he'll be gone.

Nothing final yet, and nothing else reported anywhere else ... so, probably not worth getting too caught up in, but it kept me interested this afternoon.

Starting to think the Yankees are about to make some bone head moves to either free up roster space by tomorrow and “bolster” the line up or leave guys unprotected. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Current 40 man roster:

Pitchers (24)
Gerrit Cole
Jordan Montgomery
Chad Green
Lucas Luetge
Nestor Cortes, Jr.
Wandy Peralta
Aroldis Chapman
Clay Holmes
Michael King
Luis Severino
Domingo German
Jonathan Loaisiga
Luis Gil
Joely Rodriguez
Jameson Taillon
Albert Abreu
Clarke Schmidt
Deivi Garcia
Luis Medina
Yoendrys Gomez
Ron Marinaccio
Stephen Ridings
JP Sears
Zach BrittonTJ Surgery Sept 2021
Catchers (2)
Gary Sanchez
Kyle Higashioka
Infielders (8)
Gio Urshela
Gleyber Torres
DJ LeMahieu
Luke Voit
Miguel Andujar
Chris Gittens
Oswald Peraza
Oswaldo Cabrera
Outfielders (6)
Giancarlo Stanton
Aaron Judge
Joey Gallo
Aaron Hicks
Estevan Florial
Everson Pereira

Last edited:
I believe Wade was out of options.

If he clears waivers the Yanks can re-sign him to a minor league deal.

They couldn’t put him on the 40 man?

They couldn’t put him on the 40 man?

Needed to clear up 5 spots for Rule 5 protection. Whether they protected the right 5 guys remains to be seen.

We lost Whitlock to the Sox last year when we didn't protect him.

Who would you have liked to see go (besides Sanchez)?

Last edited:
Keeping Gittens over Wade? Gittens is never going to play on the big team unless there are multiple injuries. Seems a strange decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom