2021 Battle 4 Atlantis | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Battle 4 Atlantis

If anyone cares, I am not going. Multiple reasons: 1) Aside from the basketball, I did not enjoy it much in 2015 (horrible weather, gambling-centric resort) ; 2) SU's charter flight was canceled because of COVID concerns; 3) Games are easy to watch on tv.

For me, it was one of those things you do once to say you've done it. No need to do it twice.
I left Atlantis last time thinking the same thing. The last year and a half sitting home has us itching for anything at this point tho lol.

If this thing gets scrubbed, you should join us for whatever our back up plan is!

If anyone cares, I am not going. Multiple reasons: 1) Aside from the basketball, I did not enjoy it much in 2015 (horrible weather, gambling-centric resort) ; 2) SU's charter flight was canceled because of COVID concerns; 3) Games are easy to watch on tv.

For me, it was one of those things you do once to say you've done it. No need to do it twice.
Like Times Square on New years Eve.

The Villanova and Georgetown games are in the same week in NYC and DC. Just sayin

That's a good point man. No way I'll be able to get ladytroop to a cold weather location though.

I saw that Maui was just moved to Vegas. Last year they moved it somewhere crazy, like NC. Hopefully, now that vegas is "open" again, it might be a good spot to move Atlantis?!

That's a good point man. No way I'll be able to get ladytroop to a cold weather location though.

I saw that Maui was just moved to Vegas. Last year they moved it somewhere crazy, like NC. Hopefully, now that vegas is "open" again, it might be a good spot to move Atlantis?!

Makes sense. I plan to be at both in case you travel to one or the other on your own.

I'd love if this tournament was moved someplace safer for the players, as we saw last year covid is a really easy way to ruin a season.

I also wouldn't be mad if they just canceled the thing. SU's strength of schedule will still be high without it.

Count me in if that happens

SU fans flock to Atlantis to watch their Orange (photos)

Why is everyone suddenly so down on attending this tournament? I know of only one person who stated early on they would not go back. Despite being nickled and dimed for everything and the weather being a bit cloudy, I had a blast and am looking forward to returning. To combat the expense we ate one meal a day, packed a suitcase filled with kind bars, pop tarts, & mixed nuts, and lost weight. It was not snowing and cold like it was back at home. The water was warm and I saved on sun screen. I wouldn't choose this as a vacation spot if we weren't playing here, but the basketball/experiences with a resort filled with college basketball fans made it worth the trip.

I saved the article attached above and have looked at the pictures from time to time. We only knew one or two people at the start of the tournament, and by the end had met several wonderful people, many of whom we still keep in touch with and only see if Syracuse is fortunate enough to make the sweet sixteen. The experience is something I will fondly remember for the rest of my life.

The venue was great. Where else do you get to see some of the best teams in college basketball play on a ballroom floor of a hotel, and it works unlike games that have been played on an air craft carrier or a military hanger where wind and condensation on the court effect the game. The worst seats in the room still placed you literally feet away from the action.

Headmaster9 & I are involved with dog rescue and have also planned to venture out and visit a refuge for homeless dogs Pawtcake Refuge while there to bring them a donation and see their work in person. You can follow them on Instagram @voicelessdogsofnassaubahamas. The refuge's work focuses on saving the many mistreated and abandoned dogs across the island. They provide medical care and rehabilitation for the dogs, and then work to find them forever homes, many of them in the US.

As for safety, I work in healthcare and while I don't treat Covid patients on a daily basis, I have colleagues that do. I won't espouse my beliefs of Covid in this forum as it is not the place. However, traveling to Las Vegas is no safer than traveling to the Bahamas for the teams or fans. In both cases most of us have to get on a plane (you have to have proof of vaccination and a negative test to go to the Bahamas). The Bahamas has masking and social distance requirements in place, and you have to test again on your 5th day if you stay that long. Many places in the US do not have these restrictions. We talked a lot about it, and determined that in reality, we are risking almost as much by going to the Dome so unless it gets canceled we will be there. We hope to see many of our basketball friends there and maybe even meet a few more. Go Orange!

If anyone cares, I am not going. Multiple reasons: 1) Aside from the basketball, I did not much enjoy it in 2015 (horrible weather, gambling-centric resort, etc) ; 2) SU's charter flight was canceled because of COVID concerns; 3) Games are easy to watch on tv.

Of course we care, it won’t be the same without you

Works for me. I can hop in my car and be right there.

For my sanity (and needing a vacation) please let this happen.....although getting there via Southwest Airlines may be fun with all thats going on with them......either way make a decision sooner than later so we can audible if needed...

SU fans flock to Atlantis to watch their Orange (photos)

Why is everyone suddenly so down on attending this tournament? I know of only one person who stated early on they would not go back. Despite being nickled and dimed for everything and the weather being a bit cloudy, I had a blast and am looking forward to returning. To combat the expense we ate one meal a day, packed a suitcase filled with kind bars, pop tarts, & mixed nuts, and lost weight. It was not snowing and cold like it was back at home. The water was warm and I saved on sun screen. I wouldn't choose this as a vacation spot if we weren't playing here, but the basketball/experiences with a resort filled with college basketball fans made it worth the trip.

I saved the article attached above and have looked at the pictures from time to time. We only knew one or two people at the start of the tournament, and by the end had met several wonderful people, many of whom we still keep in touch with and only see if Syracuse is fortunate enough to make the sweet sixteen. The experience is something I will fondly remember for the rest of my life.

The venue was great. Where else do you get to see some of the best teams in college basketball play on a ballroom floor of a hotel, and it works unlike games that have been played on an air craft carrier or a military hanger where wind and condensation on the court effect the game. The worst seats in the room still placed you literally feet away from the action.

Headmaster9 & I are involved with dog rescue and have also planned to venture out and visit a refuge for homeless dogs Pawtcake Refuge while there to bring them a donation and see their work in person. You can follow them on Instagram @voicelessdogsofnassaubahamas. The refuge's work focuses on saving the many mistreated and abandoned dogs across the island. They provide medical care and rehabilitation for the dogs, and then work to find them forever homes, many of them in the US.

As for safety, I work in healthcare and while I don't treat Covid patients on a daily basis, I have colleagues that do. I won't espouse my beliefs of Covid in this forum as it is not the place. However, traveling to Las Vegas is no safer than traveling to the Bahamas for the teams or fans. In both cases most of us have to get on a plane (you have to have proof of vaccination and a negative test to go to the Bahamas). The Bahamas has masking and social distance requirements in place, and you have to test again on your 5th day if you stay that long. Many places in the US do not have these restrictions. We talked a lot about it, and determined that in reality, we are risking almost as much by going to the Dome so unless it gets canceled we will be there. We hope to see many of our basketball friends there and maybe even meet a few more. Go Orange!

I don't think I'm "down" on it, as much as I'm just disappointed we're going back already. I thought it would have been cool to hit Maui or something before we went back to Atlantis.

Any of that will be out the window the second I start packing orange shirts into my orange suitcase though. Can't wait to see you guys!

A friend just came back from Atlantis last week and raved about the experience.

This is someone who travels a bunch and had nothing but good things to say about the cleanliness of the resort, the friendly staff, great food options and the gorgeous weather they had all week!

Fingers crossed we will all experience this and be Tournament Champions in about a month!

A friend just came back from Atlantis last week and raved about the experience.

This is someone who travels a bunch and had nothing but good things to say about the cleanliness of the resort, the friendly staff, great food options and the gorgeous weather they had all week!

Fingers crossed we will all experience this and be Tournament Champions in about a month!

Thanks for sharing. I have a co-worker who recently was there as well and had a similar experience. Also mentioned that the on-site COVID testing to return to the US was well run.

One month away!

I was comparing travel plans with a buddy that's going, and realized that I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I swear I did that months ago. We're booking flights today and it's really boosting my excitement level.

Maybe that's why I was so "down" on this tournament a month or so ago. Internally my body was like "hey stupid, you forgot to buy plane tickets".

Ladytroop confirmed today that we have everything else in place, and I don't think she's trusting me to plan any future trips

I was comparing travel plans with a buddy that's going, and realized that I haven't bought plane tickets yet. I swear I did that months ago. We're booking flights today and it's really boosting my excitement level.

Maybe that's why I was so "down" on this tournament a month or so ago. Internally my body was like "hey stupid, you forgot to buy plane tickets".

Ladytroop confirmed today that we have everything else in place, and I don't think she's trusting me to plan any future trips

If the plane is too expensive you can always take a boat

My family & I went last time and were schedule to go this year as well.Do you do some changing circumstances we are no longer able to go I just canceled my rooms, but I have tickets to the SU game, mid court. I have four of them if anyone is going and staying at the Atlantis. My tickets are transferable. Price negotiable. Anyone interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom