2021 Battle 4 Atlantis | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Battle 4 Atlantis

I’m with Dasher. TBT win was awesome, especially with the way the last three games ended.
Battle 4 Atlantis is different. There was something special about the night we won the last one. It was a legit high. Hugs, high fives, players and coaches everywhere… the night after that win is up there with the night we beat Gonazaga in the sweet 16. I’ll NEVER forget that evening lol
See you sure you actually remember, or are your memories planted from them memories of others telling you what happened?

Yes… we were just talking about it this weekend. - been looking forward to going back since we were there last time.
Bahamas added to list of countries that we should not travel to due to high COVID transmission. And the Bahamas implemented a curfew from 8pm to 5am. That means you...CuseTroop. I don't want to read about your arrest for being out at 8:01pm. Now I am kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger on this trip. Was considering women and men's games. It was going to cost too much, and would be too close to my Syracuse trip. November is still a long ways off.

Bahamas added to list of countries that we should not travel to due to high COVID transmission. And the Bahamas implemented a curfew from 8pm to 5am. That means you...CuseTroop. I don't want to read about your arrest for being out at 8:01pm. Now I am kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger on this trip. Was considering women and men's games. It was going to cost too much, and would be too close to my Syracuse trip. November is still a long ways off.
Does that mean I have to be in my room, or just can't leave the resort?

Was disappointed to see this hit the news last night. Hopefully things will get better in the next 2 months.

Does that mean I have to be in my room, or just can't leave the resort?
It means that if you are "borrowing" the banner after 8pm it will be double trouble for you. But you pose a very good question. For ex if a group gets a suite to "party in" after hours can you go back and forth to your room? I would guess the bars would be closed in the resort.

It means that if you are "borrowing" the banner after 8pm it will be double trouble for you. But you pose a very good question. For ex if a group gets a suite to "party in" after hours can you go back and forth to your room? I would guess the bars would be closed in the resort.

If bars close at 8 ima sit this one out

CFB2F0FB-4885-4996-BE4B-D28629319A5C.jpeg

Syracuse, N.Y. ― The Syracuse men’s and women’s basketball teams are both slated to participate in this year’s Battle 4 Atlantis tournaments in the Bahamas.

However, rising concerns over the coronavirus, especially the Delta variant, have fans wondering about the status of the tournaments as well as any potential travel restrictions.

On Wednesday, Erika Lavigne, a spokesperson for the Battle 4 Atlantis, tried to assuage those concerns, saying that preparations for the tournaments were “full-steam ahead.’'

“The Battle 4 Atlantis is happening,’' Lavigne said. “There are no plans to cancel or pull out and move to another location.’'

Currently, United States citizens entering the Bahamas need to show proof of an antigen test if vaccinated (as well as proof of their vaccination status) or a recent negative PCR test if unvaccinated.

There's a VCU fan on reddit who's not happy that they got matched with us. He said they might be starting a freshman PG and they don't have shooters.
The fact you are already scouting VCU on Reddit this far ahead of a pre-season tourney tells me that you should be on the basketball staff based on dedication

Heard from a few people that have been to the Atlantis in the past it is good to make dinner reservations in advance. You can now do this via their website.

Daily curfew from 11:59pm – 5:00am. Please note: Hotel guests must stay within hotel grounds for the duration of the curfew period; however, they are permitted to move about the property and access all available amenities.

Are you still planning on attending?

I'd be cool with that. Ladytroop wouldn't be letting me run around town after midnight anyway haha.

As of now we're still planning on attending. We've talked a lot about it over the last few weeks, and I don't think we'd be horribly bummed out if we had to bail tho. This is a tricky one.

What are you guys thinking?

I've never been to the Bahamas. Is it realistic to attend this tournament but not stay at the Atlantis? It seems like everyone I know who stays at the Atlantis leaves feeling like they were shaken down by the Mob with how much everything costs.
Yes, Eric. Lots of hotels….even on the other side of the bridge. All different prices. Nov. would be considered their OFF SEASON.

I'd be cool with that. Ladytroop wouldn't be letting me run around town after midnight anyway haha.

As of now we're still planning on attending. We've talked a lot about it over the last few weeks, and I don't think we'd be horribly bummed out if we had to bail tho. This is a tricky one.

What are you guys thinking?
Right now we are still planning on going. We have also been talking a lot about it the past few weeks and are watching things carefully. Have actually been concerned that Obie9's work may not allow him to travel without a mandatory unpaid quarantine when we return (they have had some strict bans in place at various points throughout COVID) but so far there hasn't been any movement in that direction. We have until Nov 18 to pull the plug on the resort in terms of refunds. Will let you know if we bail- hopefully none of us will and we can all get together again! Been too long.

Right now we are still planning on going. We have also been talking a lot about it the past few weeks and are watching things carefully. Have actually been concerned that Obie9's work may not allow him to travel without a mandatory unpaid quarantine when we return (they have had some strict bans in place at various points throughout COVID) but so far there hasn't been any movement in that direction. We have until Nov 18 to pull the plug on the resort in terms of refunds. Will let you know if we bail- hopefully none of us will and we can all get together again! Been too long.

If we end up scrapping this thing, our group is talking about meeting up in Vegas or Mexico or something instead. Will keep ya posted!!

If anyone cares, I am not going. Multiple reasons: 1) Aside from the basketball, I did not much enjoy it in 2015 (horrible weather, gambling-centric resort, etc) ; 2) SU's charter flight was canceled because of COVID concerns; 3) Games are easy to watch on tv.

For me, it was one of those things you do once to say you've done it. No need to do it twice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom