2021 Bracketology | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

Gtown is a tough matchup, doesn't have an elite O but lots of options

Committee did some fun stuff. Maryland a three. Then Bernhardt vs. Bernhardts.

Cuse-Georgetown.

Lehigh (Kirst) vs. Rutgers (Kirst and Kirst).

Leaving Army out for Loyola is gross.
Baltimore bias…they couldn’t put hop in so….

Leaving Army out is hard to do this year. Wish they made it somehow.

I think this is about the easiest road to the final four we could possibly expect. GTown and then (most likely) UVA is a boatload easier than any scenario I had dreamed up. UVA getting the 4 instead of ND? Fascinating choice, committee, but I hope we reap the benefits.

All things considered about as good as you could have hoped for. Georgetown is by no means an easy matchup, but given the alternatives, I like it. Beating UVA three times in one season would be really really difficult but would rather play them than UNC, Notre Dame, Duke, Maryland. Hope the guys are ready to dig deep.

No elite fogo. We can run with anyone without an elite fogo.

Forgot to finish my post before hitting send. There D is a concern, but assuming we're at worst splitting draws it should be close. Problem is I don't trust this defense at all.

It is too bad the committee rewarded B1G teams for not playing OOC games and penalized ACC programs for playing tough schedules.

You shouldn’t be rewarding teams for cowardice.

They definitely punished Maryland

I think this is about the easiest road to the final four we could possibly expect. GTown and then (most likely) UVA is a boatload easier than any scenario I had dreamed up. UVA getting the 4 instead of ND? Fascinating choice, committee, but I hope we reap the benefits.

ND depth of wins is already not great. And given that this committee has effectively seeded Syracuse 12, ND’s wins of note are 2/12/12. That’s my only explanation of why they have ND below Georgetown

It is too bad the committee rewarded B1G teams for not playing OOC games and penalized ACC programs for playing tough schedules.

You shouldn’t be rewarding teams for cowardice.
The ACC didn’t get penalized.

We lost our own seed by losing to Army.
The committee put UNC and Duke above undefeated Maryland.
Only Rutgers got an atlarge from the Big Ten. Rutgers got a break but they aren’t garbage.
While every ACC school made it and 4 of the top 6 overall seeds are ACC.
If we beat Army we are likely the 7 seed.

Committee respected the ACC.

Georgetown is top 11 face-off team.

Ya Reilly is a good player at just under 60% and Gtown will play multiple guys as well. Hope Phaup is ready to go. We will need Aviles back to.

ND depth of wins is already not great. And given that this committee has effectively seeded Syracuse 12, ND’s wins of note are 2/12/12. That’s my only explanation of why they have ND below Georgetown
Makes sense when you put it that way. The committee not accounting for goal differential is ultimately a good decision, but it often leads to head scratching when I initially see the bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom