2021 USMNT Thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

Yep. I love the talent with the youngsters but you see the youth every time out. We have been fortunate to get away with some of those miscues so far. That is a dangerous game to play.
Yes, it is crazy to think that we have not started the same back four in any of the six qualifiers thus far. I feel that is a really dangerous game to play.

Brooks played bad, I agree. Also had some poor games with Wolfsburg. But then apply that same criteria to other players.

I don't know what's happened to Lleget over the past year or so. When he first was getting callups he would come in as a high energy sub. I've heard stories about him being a bad teammate recently but I'm not 100% sure those stories are accurate.

Accosta is having trouble getting playing time in MLS. He may even be injured. Instead of Accosta and Lleget I would call in Sands and/or Christian Cappis who has been playing very well in Denmark Tanner Tessman (not a 6, I know) maybe but he is just starting to get PT in Italy.

Arriola has his uses since his workrate is great. As a defensive winger sub if that makes sense. He's just not very good once we win the ball and he needs more technical players around him who can advance the ball.

Roldan - he scores in MLS but not for the Nats. 1 goal 0 assists? We have tons of better options.
Sands did get called in for the Mexico game. His performance against Honduras, as the 6, was not good (if you recall, Sands started at the 6 in that game and Adams started at right back. Brooks was then subbed out at hafltime and Sands dropped into the back four).

I just simply think that Lleget is not as talented as some of the other options. He can be a role player but is not talented enough to be a playmaker. I view Arriola in same light as Lleget. Effective when surrounded by playmakers as his hustle allows others to make plays. Not so effective when he is asked to be the playmaker.

Roldan has only played 69 minutes in four substitute appearances this qualifying cycle and only has 20 total caps. Not sure why you seem think his stats should be so much better than they are and who the much better options are? It is not like he is being given a primary role on the the team.

LOL...gotta give Berhalter credit...not afraid to bring in unproven guys...needs a right back so brings in Scally with no caps; lots of options at the 9 and he brings in Ferreira with 2. Other than Pepi is there a true 9 on the roster?

Pulisic back is good; Dest out is bad. Reyna still out. Zardes hurt.

Sands is back after being left out of the last three-game series (was he hurt?)

Cannon called in for first time in qualifying

Bello, De La Torre, Moore and Hoppe left out from last 3 game series.

Mexico:

Berhalter went with a 3-4-3 back in June. Could he do that again? I don't see it. Tough to get Musah on the field in that alignment. I assume we'll go with a 4-3-3.

Pulisic left, Pepi up top. Aaronson or Weah or Arriola on the right? I'll go with Aaronson for $100 Alex.

Musah, McKennie and Adams in the midfield triangle.

The back? Wow. Let's assume Robinson on the left and Robinson in the center.

On the right? Would not surprise me at all if he started Scally. Yedlin or Cannon would be the more cautious choice, especially against Mexico who can really punish mistakes. I'll go with Scally because, well, why not?

Center-back pairing with Robinson? Honestly no idea. Again, left out Brooks despite fact that he is back in starting line-up at Wolfsburg. 34 total caps at CB but Berhalter has already shown that, for the most part, inexperience does not bother him. I'll go with Zimmerman.

Keeper? Again no idea. I'll go with Steffen.
I don't think Pulisic starts.

He has played a grand total of 29 minutes since coming back from injury. If he does start, and play 90, Chelsea will throw a ch!t-fit.

So, I'll now go with Weah and Aaronson.

I don't think Pulisic starts.

He has played a grand total of 29 minutes since coming back from injury. If he does start, and play 90, Chelsea will throw a ch!t-fit.

So, I'll now go with Weah and Aaronson.

Weah and Pulisic going 45 or 55/35 is a nice split.

predicted lineups?

Aaronson - Pepe - Weah

Musah - Adams - McKennie

Robinson - Robinson - Zimmerman? Scally?

Stefen

I could see Chris Richards instead of Zimmerman but I think Zimmerman would be better for set pieces which is where the USA tends to beat El Tri

I can also see Reggie Cannon instead of Scally with GGG reasoning that Mexico is not the game where you get your first senior cap.

predicted lineups?

Aaronson - Pepe - Weah

Musah - Adams - McKennie

Robinson - Robinson - Zimmerman? Scally?

Stefen

I could see Chris Richards instead of Zimmerman but I think Zimmerman would be better for set pieces which is where the USA tends to beat El Tri

I can also see Reggie Cannon instead of Scally with GGG reasoning that Mexico is not the game where you get your first senior cap.

I think he'll go with Matt Turner in goal? Agree on Scally, he's better than Cannon but going into USA-Mexico game one is insane.

His first Bundesliga start this year was against Bayern and he was fantastic. He’s ready for Mexico on American soil if he’s called on.

I completely agree, I just would wager a hefty amount of money GGG thinks opposite.

interesting how much the line has moved it started with US +210 on the ML or so and now has gone down to the US being a slight fav..

Pretty even half so far. Mexico has had the better chances. Musa looks good. Should have gotten a call just outside the box. Weah started strong. Pepi had a chance early but it would have been a great touch to hit the back of the net

1st Half 0-0
Weah and Musah playing very well. Antonee Robinson maybe a little poor by his standards. Overall everyone is doing pretty well.

1st Half 0-0
Weah and Musah playing very well. Antonee Robinson maybe a little poor by his standards. Overall everyone is doing pretty well.

I feel like Robinson has been all over the place

Pepi has had a few opportunities. Nothing easy but one has to fall

Acosta in for Musah. I would have preferred Busio but if GGG expect some shithousing in the final minutes Acosta is the guy for the job.

elsewhere in CONCACAF
Canada beats Costa Rica.
Panama with a huge comeback at Honduras to win
El Salvador get a last minute goal to draw Jamaica.

That was beautiful, hopefully kicking off a great weekend for Orange fans, Never seen a US team dominate el tri like that . Awesome !!!

Dos a cero

Best played game for US since the quarterfinal against Germany? Sure we beat Spain, but this was domination… Spain was fluke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom