2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

Just noting that the turnouts for this Gator Bowl with that upper deck looking full, and last night's Cheez It Bowl turnout with FSU/OU fans taking out most of the Upper Deck that we didn't even touch back in '18...despite having a really great turnout for Syracuse.

Well, it kinda says a lot about things.

Nothing negative per se, just puts us in our place

The one time I root for the Irish against a nobody school and this is the crap they pull? SMH.

UCLA has turned it over twice in the red zone. Really making me sweat out this -8.5 when it should have been an easy cover.

DTR should have stayed in the locker room. People are accusing him of faking an injury when he saw they were losing.

Spencer Rattler probably wouldn't have fared poorly at OU had he been able to play with confidence. Completely different QB. If SCar holds on, the expectations will be high next year.

UCLA deserved to lose. You cannot play prevent.
The other issue for me was kicking it deep. Bills-Chiefs all over again. Squibb deep make them waste time. Maybe they waste 6-7 seconds.

Is Clemson/Tennessee even worth watching tonight? Both starting QBs are out, not sure how many other top players opted out too. I’m between the Orange Bowl and live streaming night 3 of Phish at MSG.

Just noting that the turnouts for this Gator Bowl with that upper deck looking full, and last night's Cheez It Bowl turnout with FSU/OU fans taking out most of the Upper Deck that we didn't even touch back in '18...despite having a really great turnout for Syracuse.

Well, it kinda says a lot about things.

Nothing negative per se, just puts us in our place
Florida State was in the game, the game was in Orlando! Of course, they will fill the house! SYR showed out in 2018 in Orlando. SYR did their part back then. WVU didn't want to be there and it showed, we outnumbered them, I'd guess 65-35. More comparable would be to look at Cheez-It, Camping World bowls with 2 out-of-state teams. Even without great WVU support, the attendance was decent. This article says it was 9th best-attended since 2001 there. Not bad.

Last edited:
LOL, South Carolina just got a penalty for having two number 00s in the game! We never got a penalty this year for that with Marlowe and Pena putting on the 97s so there wouldn't be two 2s in the game. It did look very Pop Warner-like whenever Marlowe or Pena was putting on that oversized 97 tent over their regular game jerseys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom