2022 Coaching Carousel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Coaching Carousel

Frank Martin not nearly as intimidating without the Lurch hairdo.

Hope he doesn't leave at all. Deserves some credit for the improvement shown by Jesse and Frank
I hope Griff moves on so we can hire an established coach with strong connections like the DePaul just did with Bino Ranson and we did before with Troy Weaver. Griff and Red are from New York City and we have no star players from the city in awhile. we all know GMAC has been an underwhelming recruiter and JB hardly leaves Central New York to recruit.

I hope Griff moves on so we can hire an established coach with strong connections like the DePaul just did with Bino Ranson and we did before with Troy Weaver. Griff and Red are from New York City and we have no star players from the city in awhile. we all know GMAC has been an underwhelming recruiter and JB hardly leaves Central New York to recruit.

The fact that our assistants are never considered for head coaching jobs really confounds me. I am confounded.

You have to hand it to South Carolina, not to let cheating get in the way of hiring a coach. FBI..that is folks from Washington D.C. ain't it?
From one end of the spectrum with a straight shooter in Frank Martin to ------Sean Miller!? :vomit:

Young up and coming coach but can’t see it working out at Florida. Going across the country with no recruiting ties.

Willard is a fraud. Can recruit but can’t coach. Maryland, yikes.

Pitt needs to go get Ben howland. Maybe not the coach he used to be but he was successful at Pitt once before. They are a dumpster fire now.
Pitt has already announced that Capel will be back next year.

Pitt has already announced that Capel will be back next year.

Yes, I’m aware. Ben wasn’t available, he was just fired. Maybe they will be lucky and he won’t get hired this hiring cycle. But capel is not it for them. Rehiring Ben might not be the right answer either, but he was very successful there and Pitt has been terrible since Dixon left. I’m just saying to get back to what they did well.

The fact that our assistants are never considered for head coaching jobs really confounds me. I am confounded.

Dead to me now, but Louie Orr ?

What I've gotten from loosely following his coaching career was decent x and o coach that struggles on the recruiting trail... Which has lead to some ok highs in his career but a legacy of mediocrity.

I wonder if Jerome had a nickname growing up?
1647826220436.jpeg

I can’t believe who Maryland has settled for their head coaches. It should be a great job. Kevin Willard is not the answer.

Honest question - who do you think they can get? He's an east coast guy, tied into UMD's big $$$ (UA - Plank), no big buyout...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom