2022 Horse Racing | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Horse Racing

Like the Early Voting/Creative Minister Exacta Box. Hoping Epicenter comes up a little short here.

amazed Fenwick is getting such love.. AFter his first race he has one other race that was decent and it was a 40K race. at 50-1 its one thing but now 8-1 is crazy

pretty easy win to get to.. i really wanted the 2 to get past the 8 and the9 to get past the 4 then it would have paid nicely..

3 6 7 were easy tosses and faded the 1.. only left the 5 horses just needed a better order.

Really looking forward to Belmont. I really like Mo Donegal going in. He's going to get a lot of action though

Agree on Mo Donegal. Will look to pair him with Creative Minister in some exotics.

After the race, Jack Nicklaus called sportswriter Heywood Hale Broun and asked him "Why am I crying?" Broun replied "Because Jack, all your life you have sought perfection and you finally witnessed it."

How does he know ? How do we know the Ussain Bolt of horses has yet to be born ?

because Ussain Bolt in comparison wasn't as good as Big red. That race IMO will never be replicated by another horse and that type of dominance is so so rare. Such a blend of power, speed, grace and stamina. Breathtaking nearly 50 years later.

Last edited:
Agree on Mo Donegal. Will look to pair him with Creative Minister in some exotics.

5-2 on MO I don't like. I am going to use creative minister and Barber Rd in pick 4 and 5. Card came up kind of lame with the a couple of very short fields. Quality fields yes but would have been nice to see a few more horses but there are still too many graded stakes races out there. Sucks the weather looks bad though.

I am looking forward to watching Flightline in the Met Mile

Met Mile is always a favorite. Respect Flightline, and looking forward to seeing him. May play a hunch in that race, though, with Happy Saver. Loves the track, can sit behind the speed, and is turning back 2nd off a layoff. Checks a lot of the boxes I like including potential value.

5-2 on MO I don't like. I am going to use creative minister and Barber Rd in pick 4 and 5. Card came up kind of lame with the a couple of very short fields. Quality fields yes but would have been nice to see a few more horses but there are still too many graded stakes races out there. Sucks the weather looks bad though.

I am looking forward to watching Flightline in the Met Mile
The weather is looking fine for Friday and Saturday.

The Met will be fun, Flightline off the layoff versus Speaker's Corner with a conditioning edge in essentially a match race.

Met Mile is always a favorite. Respect Flightline, and looking forward to seeing him. May play a hunch in that race, though, with Happy Saver. Loves the track, can sit behind the speed, and is turning back 2nd off a layoff. Checks a lot of the boxes I like including potential value.

Speaker's Corner is the key to the race and I don't think he can win. If he elects to go with Flight line which could really turn into a speed duel with an insane first 3/4 he could soften him up for a horse like Happy Saver. If they let Flightline go, say 45 flat he's gone and will win by open lengths, IMO. Short field but fun race

Last edited:
Speaker's Corner is the key to the race and I don't think he can win. If he elects to go with Flight line which could really turn into a speed duel with an insane first 3/4 he could soften him up for a horse like Happy Saver. If they let Flightline go, say 45 flat he's gone and will win by open lengths, IMO. Short field but fun race
Completely agree. Needless to say, I’m hoping for a match race up front with HS picking up the pieces. If that doesn’t happen it won’t be the first time I’ve been wrong. Looking forward to it.

The weather is looking fine for Friday and Saturday.

The Met will be fun, Flightline off the layoff versus Speaker's Corner with a conditioning edge in essentially a match race.
Speaking of match races, today's 7th at BEL turned into one.

Speaker's Corner is a seriously fast horse, and the one turn mile fits him perfectly. Flight Line better come ready to run.

I just had to laugh, the 10th race today is a Grade 1 for fillies/ mares going 1-1/4m on the grass. 7 horse field and not only does Chad Brown train 4 of the horses in the race, all 4 of these horses are owned by the same guy. What

Preface this with I don't know anything. I've got some good results poker money to waste so I'm doing this:

2 Tri-Boxes with Mo Donegal, Creative Minister, and all in the last spot. The other one is Mo Donegal, Nest, and all in the last spot. Not believing in Rich Strike or We the people.

i really think anyone of the 8 can win it. now . the 2 likely favs have no real history other than a good last race. MO didnt run a good last race.

I am thinking throw out the 3 top horses and bet other 5-all-all in the tri and hope for chaos

Wow- Jack Christopher just dominated the Woody Stephens, just exploded in the stretch. Look forward to seeing him in Saratoga.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom