2022 NFL Thread | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Hear that noise? That's the lawyers lining up. :)
I’m going to be that guy. But isn’t this a convenient way for Miami and the NFL to finger point and close the case neatly ? It was THAT persons fault and they’re fired now so nothing to see here going forward

So, if the UNC was deemed to have made “several mistakes”, and the decision to re-insert Tua into last weekend’s game ultimately rested with the team, then…
Where does it say it was ultimately up to the team?

And aren’t UNC relied upon by the teams to make the decision based on their findings?

So, if the UNC was deemed to have made “several mistakes”, and the decision to re-insert Tua into last weekend’s game ultimately rested with the team, then…
UNC
unqualified
Neurotrauma
Consultant

I’m going to be that guy. But isn’t this a convenient way for Miami and the NFL to finger point and close the case neatly ? It was THAT persons fault and they’re fired now so nothing to see here going forward
That's all it is: scapegoating. The mistake he made was that Tua got hurt the next game.

My point is there were fingers pointed at the Warriors. Also, there is NO PROOF, other than from tv consumers/doctors, that Tua had ANY brain injury from Sunday. None. Not all hits to the head result in concussions.
The son of our best couple friends had a head-to-head collision playing soccer. The other kid had a massive concussion. Our friends son did not, despite the fact that he fractured his sinus cavity and literally had his face peeled off and a titanium plate put over the hole in his skull. Even the doctor found it amazing he didn't hav a concussion, too.
Lol. Why would you say he was wobbling around and falling over then, capt? Was he doing shots while the defense was on the field?

That's all it is: scapegoating. The mistake he made was that Tua got hurt the next game.
I’d argue the second injury merely further exposed his negligence. He was being investigated before the second injury.

I imagine he was gone either way. Public outcry or not.

I’d argue the second injury merely further exposed his negligence. He was being investigated before the second injury.

I imagine he was gone either way. Public outcry or not.
Pretty sure that if this guy or woman was making mistakes , they aren’t the only one and this isn’t the only time for them. And why was he cleared to play if the investigation was still ongoing?

Pretty sure that if this guy or woman was making mistakes , they aren’t the only one and this isn’t the only time for them. And why was he cleared to play if the investigation was still ongoing?
It’s fair that public sentiment may have sped the process up. He may not be the last domino. He likely shouldn’t be.

I fully understand the outrage. The idea that Tua would be allowed to play last night is insane. But these are not new developments. The NFL has never cared about player safety. Any moves the league has made have largely been to head off potential litigation.

Hell I remember watching many a game back in the day where players were given smelling salts after they were obviously concussed and then rushed back on to the field. The idea of teams playing a TNF game so quickly after the last game is nuts. Adding a 17th game - really? A lot of guys get hurt on special teams. At least in college they encourage fair catches in the field of play. The NFL also allows guys to wiz by the punt returner within a foot or two just begging for a collision.

I don't blame these guys for getting every nickel they can cuz they're going to pay the price after their careers end if not sooner.
Troy Aikman took a hit in the 94 championship game and played the very next week in the Superbowl. He has no recollection of the championship game whatsoever.

The NFL has never cared about the players. They still don't. They cared about being sued and the money train stopping.

Being a contrarian trumps common sense, I guess
Concussions have lasting effects past the initial impact: headaches, light sensitivity, trouble concentrating. If he demonstrated those after the game, I hope he would have been held out.
IMO, based only on my experience with my son's concussion, is Tua woul not have even been able to practice, let alone play.
It's not being a contrarian. None of us have facts beyond what was on tv.

Concussions have lasting effects past the initial impact: headaches, light sensitivity, trouble concentrating. If he demonstrated those after the game, I hope he would have been held out.
IMO, based only on my experience with my son's concussion, is Tua woul not have even been able to practice, let alone play.
I’m still curious at what other explanation there is for why he couldn’t even stand up against the Bills?

The facts we all saw on tv were enough. Hence why they just changed the protocols.

Remember this: the nfl top dog regarding concussions / head injuries during peak denial days was a rheumatologist. I wouldn’t doubt it it some of these “experts” currently in use aren’t actually expert

Refs have absolutely taken this Vikings / saints game over. Completely dominating now. A true dynasty in the making this officiating crew

Thielen face masks lattimore so clearly it’s defensive PI

There’s no perfect solution, but this almost invites a cheap shot by a defender on a star QB or WR. It’ll be interesting to see how “instability” is defined, and whether off-field officials will have the ability to chime in
The vast majority of players have too much respect for the the game to do that crap. (The Vontaze Burficts of the world excluded)

Nice drive by the refs. That's two go ahead Q4 drives for them vs the Saints this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom