2023 PLL Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PLL Season

Curry (1g 2a) and Kirst (3g 1a) both really looked good yesterday. Curry did an excellent job creating separation, especially on the invert, and has shown good vision as a passer. He could've had a few more goals off the invert - just needs to work on the ball placement from those angles a bit more.

Kirst was dicing up the Cannons defense with cuts, good ball handling, and inside finishes. He'll need to work on his outside shot vs PLL goalies but at the moment, he is clearly the most productive midfielder for the Woods.

There's no excuse: they both need to be in the lineup the rest of the season, and I think there's an argument to be made they should both be on their team's first midfield line.

Concannon got the start over Porter this week and played much better, so it feels like it's his job to lose the rest of the season.

Atlas could've really used Dearth out there, so I hope this was a temporary unavailability or something. Comizio will be a fine 3rd or 4th SSDM option. Maybe I'm biased or don't know what I'm talking about, but I genuinely feel like Richard is not playing anywhere close to a high level. Beat easily, not a threat in transition, and lost at times, I don't know why he's getting such a long rope. Dearth has been having a quality year, and would be a solid #2 SSDM for many teams.

Atlas i feel need to sit dennis or take him off first mid line. Dude yes has hammer of shot but that is bout all he has. He is not accurate at all and if any defender is on him he will do absolutely nothing. The sixes he was good cause most of his shots there was no one around him was open more. But once again in real pll league he has struggled as he has before. Great game on curry glad he scored n some nice passes. He is super fast and think he should take it more he seem much more involved this game then his last game but as stated he seemed hurt or not 100%. I agree on richards don’t think he is doing well. But the atlas defense also seems to struggle at times. Great game by kirst dude is such a great dude lol. Always so down to earth and positive so happy he had big day. Hope see him and curry continue being successful.

Curry (1g 2a) and Kirst (3g 1a) both really looked good yesterday. Curry did an excellent job creating separation, especially on the invert, and has shown good vision as a passer. He could've had a few more goals off the invert - just needs to work on the ball placement from those angles a bit more.

Kirst was dicing up the Cannons defense with cuts, good ball handling, and inside finishes. He'll need to work on his outside shot vs PLL goalies but at the moment, he is clearly the most productive midfielder for the Woods.

There's no excuse: they both need to be in the lineup the rest of the season, and I think there's an argument to be made they should both be on their team's first midfield line.

Concannon got the start over Porter this week and played much better, so it feels like it's his job to lose the rest of the season.

Atlas could've really used Dearth out there, so I hope this was a temporary unavailability or something. Comizio will be a fine 3rd or 4th SSDM option. Maybe I'm biased or don't know what I'm talking about, but I genuinely feel like Richard is not playing anywhere close to a high level. Beat easily, not a threat in transition, and lost at times, I don't know why he's getting such a long rope. Dearth has been having a quality year, and would be a solid #2 SSDM for many teams.

I don't think much is settled with the Atlas at this point. We may see Dearth and Porter at some point going forward. One close win over the worst team in the league - Chrome doesn't prove much. Dearth was available but coach chose not to play him.

I think it's a good point about the level of competition they faced and the possibility of continued moving parts. I have to imagine Pressler wants the goalie situation to be settled as quickly as possible. Concannon had a 57.9% save rate, but the Chrome do have the fewest 1 pt shots, 2 pt shots, and shots on goal in the league. They'll face the leader in 1 pt shots this week with the Archers on deck. In fact, their next 3 games are against the top 3 teams in terms of shots on goal in the league. He likely gets the starting nod again, but you're right, nothing is guaranteed.

The omission of Dearth still feels inexcusable to me.

Kennedy looks like a keeper for the Whips - he's playing tough defense. He'll only get more comfortable with the scheme as he gets more exposure. If the Whips D was fully healthy, I'd imagine he'd be getting some good runs at LSM, but they're currently relying on him down low and he's doing alright for someone who's been thrust into a new team midway through a season.

Dordevic had a goal but then a turnover or two, and the rest of the midfield started looking sloppy as well. Stags shifted to more 2-man looks and found success. I'd say it was the first below average game for Tucker, but there's plenty to learn from it and I think he should bounce back no problem.

I think it's a good point about the level of competition they faced and the possibility of continued moving parts. I have to imagine Pressler wants the goalie situation to be settled as quickly as possible. Concannon had a 57.9% save rate, but the Chrome do have the fewest 1 pt shots, 2 pt shots, and shots on goal in the league. They'll face the leader in 1 pt shots this week with the Archers on deck. In fact, their next 3 games are against the top 3 teams in terms of shots on goal in the league. He likely gets the starting nod again, but you're right, nothing is guaranteed.

The omission of Dearth still feels inexcusable to me.

Kennedy looks like a keeper for the Whips - he's playing tough defense. He'll only get more comfortable with the scheme as he gets more exposure. If the Whips D was fully healthy, I'd imagine he'd be getting some good runs at LSM, but they're currently relying on him down low and he's doing alright for someone who's been thrust into a new team midway through a season.

Dordevic had a goal but then a turnover or two, and the rest of the midfield started looking sloppy as well. Stags shifted to more 2-man looks and found success. I'd say it was the first below average game for Tucker, but there's plenty to learn from it and I think he should bounce back no problem.
Given the talent levels spread over all of the PLL teams, it's hard to understand how the bottom teams can be struggling so much. You would think that given similar talent levels, results are either due to coaching or "chemistry" or both. Look at the Cannons - a mess last year and much improved this year with minimal changes in personnel but new coaches.

I agree with you on Dearth - I hope he's back in this week. Curry has been in and out all season. I would think he's back in this week given his performance against Chrome.

Look at the Cannons - a mess last year and much improved this year with minimal changes in personnel but new coaches.

Is this true? Yes they got a new coach in Holman but also brought in Kavanaugh and Marcus Holman on attack, and lost their offensive centerpiece in Lyle Thompson. Trainor is new. Kirst was not the main goalie last year (only played two games last year). Van Raaporst is new to the defense. Not saying your main point is wrong (there seems to be a ton of talent that isn't playing in the PLL right now), but the Cannons are almost a completely different team than last year.

Cannons do have new pieces on their team and also coach plus lost thompson. So even with those change can’t expect same results as season before. But also think since no thompson who was the focal point of team and mostly ran thru him(not saying ball hog or anything and clearly one of most talented players to play) but without thompson n holman and kav offense seems to be passing ball around more and more of shared offense all together rather then going thru one guy more often then not. Sometimes when take that one player away team can be better then with that player. As can be more spread out or more everyone involved always rather then going thru one guy majority of time n him deciding who to go to. Not blaming thompson of course or saying it was him. As said there were decent amount of changes to cannons this year besides just coaching.

Curry in again this week for Atlas, he's done a nice job this season playing himself into the consistent lineup. Porter in as well but I'd imagine, with Concannon's performance last week, that Porter will start on the bench again. No Dearth for the second week in a row. I feel like I'm a broken record on that one.

Dordevic is a mainstay but Kennedy is on the reserve this week for the Whips. Dunn and Erhardt both back into the lineup, and Squires got the call this week at LSM. Both D&E are a little banged up, so there could potentially be an avenue for Kennedy to get on the roster before game start.

No Perkovic or Jones this week for the Woods. This really is Kirst's big shot to show that he can be their future on the midfield line. He's been playing super well, so he'll be fine if he can stay the course.

seems like pressler finally wised up as he bumped curry up to first line dropped dennis down to second. Bout time curry shows way more ability to make plays n score then dennis. Curry had two very nice dishes, only took one shot which wasn’t greatest but if took one or two steps more before shot prob would of had way better chance. Kirst with two goals already in game now glad he’s doing well also. Mostly just root for player not really teams. Still love watching.

seems like pressler finally wised up as he bumped curry up to first line dropped dennis down to second. Bout time curry shows way more ability to make plays n score then dennis. Curry had two very nice dishes, only took one shot which wasn’t greatest but if took one or two steps more before shot prob would of had way better chance. Kirst with two goals already in game now glad he’s doing well also. Mostly just root for player not really teams. Still love watching.
Dennis should be off the game day roster. He took a couple of pitiful shots late in the 4th that were critical "turnovers". Nice guy but simply not up to standards. His performance in the Sixes is the only reason he has been out there.

Dennis should be off the game day roster. He took a couple of pitiful shots late in the 4th that were critical "turnovers". Nice guy but simply not up to standards. His performance in the Sixes is the only reason he has been out there.
totally agree i was more being generous when said bout time bumped him off first line. I have called for him previous to not be on game day roster as he just doesn’t do well. I also stated he did well in sixes cause wasn’t as crowded on field plus would have O guys on him or just no one on him during shots. As sixes way diff game and a lot of times guys left wide open and that seems be only time dennis does well really. Anytime defender or someone covering him he does nothing. He has brought nothing to help atlas so far this year watching him. So once again i agree he should not be out there and your absolutely right sixes is only reason he is n after his bump down this week would imagine if don’t start producing then will find himself off game day roster as in past(last season).

atlas got rid of roman dennis traded him for myles jones another guy who had struggled lately. They also added molloy. Hope this won’t affect currys spot but guess will see.

hey is anyone having trouble watching the games today? almost like espn app is messed up or something? couldn’t watch first game jsut kept trying to come up but never working n it’s after game time start n still saying atlas game is on ?

hey is anyone having trouble watching the games today? almost like espn app is messed up or something? couldn’t watch first game jsut kept trying to come up but never working n it’s after game time start n still saying atlas game is on ?

ok thank you i don’t have any social media stuff so freaking out what heck going on thinking it was my phone tv or laptop lol thank you for update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom