2023 PLL Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PLL Season

I'm sure all the other teams will be paying attention to see how this approach works out. They've been dreadful at the FO this season (Reilly at 38% and Tucci at 29%). Reilly might still be a bit banged up, but clearly their FO guys aren't doing them any favors at the moment. I think Tucci isn't even a protected player at the moment (other teams can claim him if they want). This, plus the introduction of the 32 second shot clock after FOs, have led to a diminishing of the value of FO wins. I think a bunch of commentators have been all over this, but a number (if not most) of games this year that've had an imbalance of FO% have been won by the team at a FO disadvantage.

I'm sure their plan will be to force Chrome to push the ball backwards and waste valuable time. We'll see - I'm still not sold on this rule change (32 second shot clock after reset = good; 32 second shot clock after FO = questionable).

Curry, Dearth, and Porter all suiting up for Atlas this week. Rehfuss was moved to the holdout list a few weeks back.

Phaup on reserve roster this week. Clearly Cannons want him around, but they're still going with Kelly (39%) for now.

Kirst on reserve roster this week for the Woods as well. A bit surprising, especially with DeMaio getting the call up. Stats for Kirst aren't huge, but he's their second leading scorer from the midfield (he and Montgomery both have 3pts, Heningburg has 4pts). Perkovic still has 0, Jones with 2 and Bertrand with 1. DeMaio wasn't hugely impactful in the season opener.

Dordevic might be the centerpiece of the Whips offense this week with Rambo out. Kennedy also will be dressing for the first time this season. Erhardt is out, and Dunn is banged up.

F07ccyhaAAEGCs_
F07gbTvaEAAbqOE

Went to the PLL games in my hometown of Fairfield yesterday. First timer. Really loved the professionalism of the event. Just top notch all around.

Crowd appeared to be a sellout, which means about 4,000 people. Practically every kid under 16 was wearing a PLL team jersey.

Going back tonight. Hope this league continues to grow, it seems great for the game.

yea love pll i do feel tho they should keep it in your design feel that bring the most crowds. Yes would like to see cities but kinda like can just root for everyone instead of town team. Don’t think ever have to worry bout one team not drawing enough when keep it in tour. But hey they prob do their homework n know more then me. I’ll be a chip this year as always am when it’s in philly at stadium by waterfront. Happens to be a perk when ur father is one who helped built plus wired everything in that stadium n was at every event held there as on site tech cause any issue n set everything up before retirement. But still gets us in game anytime want.

Boo atlas no curry instead went with O’Rourke n another dmid in camizo. But porter starting let’s go drake.

haha love drake he’s a nut but bro that stash has got to go. Ron jeremy wants it back.

is it me our is the skills competition kinda just need to revamp it up or get rid of it? The freestyle was just horrible nothing really impressive and was kinda embarrassed at it. I know kinda hard to think of things but the things done seem like was last min let’s just go out who cares. Fast shot nice of course and the accuracy isn’t really accuracy since they don’t have to hit all targets can just hit same ones if want. I don’t know don’t mean to hate but thought it was really half@ss done. But i’m married and have kids so maby i’m the one lost my mind.

Brent, Syracuse "missed out" because Paul Rabil hates all things Syracuse. That's why I don't pay any attention to the PLL. And amazing that their 26 possible "home" sites leaves out 2 of the 3 long long time traditional hotbeds of lacrosse - Central New York & Long Island.

Curry back in the lineup this week for Atlas but Dearth is out. They're dressing 3 SSDMs so maybe it's an availability thing (he's not on the weekly injury report). I think he's been one of the most underrated players in the league this season, but I've also been very critical of the job Pressler has done this year, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was just another poor personnel choice on his point. I think Richard has looked like a liability often this year - frequently getting beat. Neither has the offensive production in transition (but that really seems like a team issue), but Dearth has had better looks and did have a goal called off because a teammate went offsides. Unsure if Porter will get the starting nod again in cage.

No Phaup again for Cannons, and it's looking like we won't see him at all this season with the shift away from dressing FO athletes.

Kirst back in for the Redwoods, and it's about time. Who knows how he'll pan out in the long run, but he's easily been one of their most productive midfielders so far this year in his very limited playing time. He deserves a more consistent stretch in the lineup.

Dordevic still in for the Whips and is very much in the running for Rookie of the Year. Kennedy in the lineup again also - Squires seemed to be bumped as a result. Squires has played very well, so this is a good sign for Kennedy's long term prospects with the club. Kennedy has looked very sharped in game action this year. With Erhardt's nagging injuries, and potential retirement (I have no insider information, just a hunch), Kennedy and Squires are looking like fixtures in the future lineup of this team.

glad curry back in line up and last game he played he looked banged up. So wonder if didn’t play the one week cause wasn’t 100% or was coaches choice don’t know. But also want to say really hate this new 32second shot clock and even more now since coaches going away from using fogos. I really didn’t ever see what changing how was gonna benefit league. Now your taking fogos out of picture completely on teams cause of that rule. Never made sense to me how was gonna make game better in any single way. Let’s go curry don’t be afraid to use ur skill and speed to go to net. Feel at times he just is there not actually trying to be involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom