2023 PLL Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PLL Season

Having guys like Teat feeding you the ball really helps! Curry looked more comfortable today and didn't try to do too much on his own. Dordevic also looked very comfortable with his role on the Whips. They sometimes lacked discipline when on the Orange, or maybe I should say they felt more pressure to produce at Cuse.

Friday rosters up.

Dearth, Porter, and Curry all in for Atlas. Still no Rehfuss. Pressler's really going with his guy O'Rourke for now (1 a in 2 games). How much rope does he get? They've got 3 assists from the midfield through 2 games (including one from O'Rourke). You've got to think Rehfuss would change this dramatically, especially against a shortstick - which I'd imagine he'd get.

Still no Phaup for Cannons, but Kelly played much better last weekend. Still under 50% on the year though (28.6% in week 1 and 60% in week 2 against the rookie Rowlett).

No Kennedy this week on the gameday or reserve roster for the Whips. I still feel like that's going to be such a tough lineup to crack, especially without the benefit of having practiced in camp with the rest of the group. No Brad Smith again for the Whips, so Dordevic will likely be their key initiator from the midfield.

Kirst getting his second week of game action with the Woods.

Interesting from Chaos: both Fraser and Cloutier on the reserve roster this week. This despite Fraser's strong debut last weekend. Dhane Smith is back in the lineup, but with the other extra spot on offense, Towers goes with Kevin Lindley over Voight. This makes sense with Voight's lackluster showing in week 1, and Towers has historically experimented with his lineup early and often in seasons to figure out who'll make it in the long-run. Still, not a great sign for Voight's future playing time this season.

Concannon really fell apart in that game, still think we see him as the starter moving forward.

Dearth had a decent game, got beat bad early but the Dogs couldn't capitalize. No major missteps otherwise. Had a couple shots right to the tender. Had a "goal" off a great individual efforts, but it got waived off because Atlas were offside.

Not the same game as last week for Curry in the stat sheet. It seemed like he got far fewer touches. They really tried to get O'Rourke more involved and, while he did have his first goal, he made some poor decisions, turned it over, and didn't look like the player that they needed. Rehfuss time after the break? Fewer plays drawn up for Curry, but in part I feel like that's because they didn't need to. Last week, he had the hot hand as the other middies really struggled. Costabile, Dennis, and Dickson all had much better games this week.

I think curry had less touches cause seem like he wasn’t 100%. He really didn’t seem as his fast self today. He had some kind of brace or something on his knee. Was hoping he continue to score and produce but watching him today just didn’t seem like his speedy self honestly. Also no way atlas should of lost that game. Yes faceoffs they owned they also turned it over a lot but their defense just got melted at end and concannon couldn’t make save at all. Well done by waterdogs never giving up. Also dennis has to be better dude does have a wicked shot just he isn’t accurate.

dearth had least 3 chances to bury it and didn’t. Well one he did but was called off. The other two he was right on door step and whiffed it wide. Also thought he had least two more chances to where could pushed it n go to net but didn’t wish he take it more. He can def shoot that’s for sure.

I must say not really huge fan of the 32 second shot clock either. Mean teams just don’t have enough time for anything but rush by time ball is possessed. Not sure how much better that change was gonna make the game but i haven’t really enjoy that change so far.

I must say not really huge fan of the 32 second shot clock either. Mean teams just don’t have enough time for anything but rush by time ball is possessed. Not sure how much better that change was gonna make the game but i haven’t really enjoy that change so far.
Yeah I don't like the 32 second shot clock at all. Possession after faceoffs are all rushed. The edge of winning the face off isn't so big anymore because ur rushing and not getting good possessions. Idk just hope they change it back next yr.

Dordevic with a strong first half tonight (2g including a 2pt and an assist), but his shooting went cold (like the rest of the Whips offense) in the second.

Kirst did not enjoy the same amount of success this week, and had a rough turnover in the second half.

On a positive note for both of them, they both demonstrated a strong ability to get their hands free and shoot. Kirst did a lot of good offensively, just didn't bury his shots. Both did well getting some separation, Dordevic had a really nice hockey assist in Q1 and would've had a few other assists if the shots were on target. It seems like he can run by pretty much anyone out there.

Rehfuss to the holdout list. Don't know what's going on but would love to see him play this season.

You think if he didn’t come to cuse and have yesr he did would he still be in pll?

i tend to agree not sure if lehigh just didn’t give him a chance to shine or did he bloom late lol

i tend to agree not sure if lehigh just didn’t give him a chance to shine or did he bloom late lol

He averaged the same amount of points at both Lehigh and Syracuse (senior to grad seasons). Just played more gems at SU. Not completely apples to apples since I think the competition went up a notch at SU. Have to think exposure with more games on television helped his cause quite a bit. Another selling point for the Orange!

Interesting move by the Waterdogs, not suiting up a FOGO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom